News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Sherbrooke Village V101

Started by Necora, May 08, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

@Karlieb thanks for the info, I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

I like to throw in a new building for an update, especially for annoying bugs like this. This one will be a boat shop, so will make dorys and fishing gear to be used with the up coming NS inshore update... once iron is sorted out.

brads3

when you figure out what you did to make that guy put stuff on the ground next to the BS,keep him and turn him intoi a vendor to stock area buildings.
LOL. seriously. i had a vendor a long time ago,that was a super vendor. i have tried and tried to recreate the glitch that caused it since nobody has solved it yet. this vendor went from the far NW corner of the map back to center,stocked all markets,and houses, etc. he did this by himself,i only had 1 vendor.this was on a CC large lake map. so the vendor had to go alll the way around a large lake to get back to the SW side of the group of lakes. he took stuff from the BS to the market and then food to houses. then took stuff way back up north to the other market. he was super. now some might say this is a cheat but if anyone finds him i want to hire bout 5 of them for a map. sadly he has been missing for A YEAR or so. i tried this weekend to use old mods and recreate this glitch. while you are solving glitches keep your eyes open. please please send him back home.

Karlieb

And now after having him make Bough Tools, without having exited or anything, I switched him to Iron Tools and he ran, fetched some iron, some logs and made tools (and kept making them).

Edit1: @Necora I think I might have it. If the door of the building is facing northward it seems to work fine. I'll check east and west, but facing southward doesn't seem to work.

Edit2: Face north or east works. South and west do not work. Why? I'ma go with magic.

Since I was testing it almost every time with it facing me in the default direction... that explains why it would sometimes work for me but usually not.

brads3

did you build it where the work place is blocked by another building?

Karlieb

Quote from: brads3 on May 13, 2017, 09:42:14 PM
did you build it where the work place is blocked by another building?

No, nothing like that. I started a new game and positioned them so I could get a screen as an example. Up is North.

QueryEverything

@Karlieb & @Necora I can confirm the same phenomenon. 

It's just odd :)  I know that you found the bug in your code Necora, but this is a new one for me.  Only 2 directions of buildings work (btw, in my first attempts of helping Karlieb my Blacksmith was indeed facing East); and them leaving iron all over the ground?

I used the Debug and added over 2k of iron, with 4 different stockpiles, 2 "all" and 2 "iron", and it kept getting dumped out to '0' in total. 

As soon as I demolished the South & West facing  (North & East) buildings, voila all the iron was picked up and I had over 2.5k in stockpiles. 

What a bug!!  :D 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Karlieb

@Necora @QueryEverything I think it has something to do with 'points'? I did the zoomhack and it looked like the 'Wicked Smiths of the North and East' and the 'Good Smiths of the South and West' (building position-wise) were all standing in a different tile relative to building shape or dropping their tools in a different tile and blocking themselves inside (when they did manage to make something) or both; it's kind of hard to tell from that perspective, though.

RedKetchup

move your dummies in your mesh Necora.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

well, I have never had this happen before.

@RedKetchup I will try to move the points... but where to? I don't understand how changing the orientation of the building will change the points working...

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on May 14, 2017, 05:17:55 AM

@RedKetchup I will try to move the points... but where to? I don't understand how changing the orientation of the building will change the points working...

maybe because they are at the very edge where they can walk _ _ _  and they cant walk # # # and maybe a 0.00000001 doesnt make a cut or not.
it is something to try. dont move your points 0,0 though, just your use_ and create_

Necora

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 14, 2017, 05:19:37 AM
Quote from: Necora on May 14, 2017, 05:17:55 AM

maybe because they are at the very edge where they can walk _ _ _  and they cant walk # # # and maybe a 0.00000001 doesnt make a cut or not.
it is something to try. dont move your points 0,0 though, just your use_ and create_

I didn't know that points had to be on a walkable square, I thought anywhere in the building would do. I'll have a play around.

RedKetchup

if you do a :

#######
#_____#
#_____#
#_____#
#_____#
#_____#
###_###
###_###

they will pretty much able to go everywhere
but keep in mind bannies love to cut corners sometimes , and thin walls.

any doubts, draw red and green 1x1 boxes in your blender to help figure out where they can walk or not

Necora

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 14, 2017, 05:43:56 AM
if you do a :

#######
#_____#
#_____#
#_____#
#_____#
#_____#
###_###
###_###

they will pretty much able to go everywhere
but keep in mind bannies love to cut corners sometimes , and thin walls.

any doubts, draw red and green 1x1 boxes in your blender to help figure out where they can walk or not

I was just doing exactly that when I saw your post ;) thanks for the help. Hopefully this will prevent this sorta thing from happening in future.

Necora

@Karlieb and all others, Sherbrooke has been updated with the bug fixes. Hopefully there are no other issues :)

Karlieb

Ding, dong, the Wicked Smiths are dead! Yay! Now I can build it wherever I want! :)