Feel so rusty IMO

Started by RedKetchup, February 07, 2015, 11:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paralias

we are waiting anxiously

why dont you keep those numbers?
150 logs, 800 stones, 120 irons and 4000 build units in 8 builders

Chon Waen

Since I like to rate building size by its "in the dirt" portion, and not it's access blocks, in my mind, a chapel uses 88 squares of real estate.  Your cathedral as is will use up about twice the real estate and be about 1 1/2 times as tall.  This is only 3x bigger at a cost of about 5-6 times the material.
This is why I've been plugging for 12x20 or so. 3x the real estate and about 2x the height is 6x the size for about 5-6x the materials. I WANT that building to consume that much material, but I also want that building to fully justify the expense!

I love the idea of huge constuction times. Cathedrals, like many other great works (the pyramids, hoover dam, etc) literally took a very long time to construct.

Gatherer

Quote from: Vulgarian on February 26, 2015, 10:40:41 AM
Quote from: Gatherer on February 26, 2015, 03:43:22 AM
If only the side window on the first floor wasn't showing... :'(

I think i see why that's happening. Your 1st floor is 1 row further back from the 2nd and 3rd floors. They should be flush. Notice the back of the house extends beyond the footprint of the upper floors. If you line up the front and back walls, the side window will no longer be visible.

But I did that on purpose.

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

paralias

@RedKetchup  i want to ask you if it is ok that i am spreading your awesomeness as a creator and by your awesome mod?

RedKetchup

sure hehe @paralias :)

ok then i ll go back to 150 logs, 800 stones, 120 irons and 4000 build units in 8 builders ^^
i will let the 10x16 for the moment and tell me how looks like. you will see it is already huge :)

but i considare this Cathedral... as the 1st Wonder in the game. maybe more Wonders to come later :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

WorldofBanished

Must say, I love the dimensions you bring to the game.
To have the tailor/baker/blacksmith living where they work is stupendous!
To be able to add a house upon a house = genius.
I hope you can continue in this vein with the forester, gather, fisher etc.  ;D

Thanks for all you do. It has added much to 'my' game 8)

Chon Waen

Sounds good to me, lets get it, and THEN critique...

If it needs tweaks afterwards, so be it, that's what feedback is for!!!
If we didn't use a method such as this, we would probably still be using punchcards to enter data into computers

RedKetchup

Quote from: Chon Waen on February 26, 2015, 05:15:53 PM
Sounds good to me, lets get it, and THEN critique...

If it needs tweaks afterwards, so be it, that's what feedback is for!!!
If we didn't use a method such as this, we would probably still be using punchcards to enter data into computers

hehe :)

finally just before posted it .... New Dimensions ! 12x20 !! More Majestic and Wonderful than before !! hehe
I started a new thread !

and the download is now AVAILABLE !! BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=786.0

RedKetchup

hehe... if i successfully finish this mod one day ..... and i have enough willing to continue .... my next pack after will be themed :)

a Roman Empire themed Mod ??
Egyptian with Pyramid Wonder ??
Aztec ?? Grece ?? Japanese ? so much fun !

IttyTsu

First of all, I am in love with this mod.  Someone mentioned it over at CC and showed a screenshot and I knew it was a MUST HAVE.  I know it is a beta and all, so I figure might as well nip any issues in the bud now.  I'm getting people stuck standing outside the houses and the house that is part of the hunting shack. (i love the hunting shack and house.  But yeah. You click on them standing at the door. It says they are working.  But they just stand there.  I had a couple stand there for a year.  It is only occuring with the houses for this mod. Ideas?

RedKetchup

i never noticed that, only happends a particular event depending where were your hunters when the residence triggered its completion ?

what was there production statistics for the year ? did they produced ?

anyone have some more tests on it ?

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 26, 2015, 06:02:48 PM
hehe... if i successfully finish this mod one day ..... and i have enough willing to continue .... my next pack after will be themed :)

a Roman Empire themed Mod ??
Egyptian with Pyramid Wonder ??
Aztec ?? Grece ?? Japanese ? so much fun !

I'd want something that didn't look weird with the landscape. Egyptian pyramids in the middle of the forest might be a bit much--unless, of course, you came up with an entertaining back story about how ancient Egyptians actually discovered North America.  ;D

Maybe Viking? Your cathedral could become a stave church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stave_church#mediaviewer/File:Stavechurch-heddal.jpg).

RedKetchup

of course egyptians would live in the sands ^^

Vulgarian

Quote from: IttyTsu on February 26, 2015, 10:05:30 PM
I'm getting people stuck standing outside the houses and the house that is part of the hunting shack. (i love the hunting shack and house.  But yeah. You click on them standing at the door. It says they are working.  But they just stand there.  I had a couple stand there for a year.  It is only occuring with the houses for this mod. Ideas?

I haven't noticed this but will have a closer look tonight. Is CC above or below Medieval Houses in your MOD list? I think most of us are loading Medieval Houses above CC, so it overrides CC where there is a conflict.

Nilla

Quote from: rkelly17 on February 27, 2015, 08:10:52 AM

I'd want something that didn't look weird with the landscape. Egyptian pyramids in the middle of the forest might be a bit much--unless, of course, you came up with an entertaining back story about how ancient Egyptians actually discovered North America.  ;D

Maybe Viking? Your cathedral could become a stave church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stave_church#mediaviewer/File:Stavechurch-heddal.jpg).

Great idea, actually the vikings did discover North America, but at that time the stavechurches wasn't invented, actually they didn't use any churches at all. As we were Christians up here in the north, the viking period was over.

And maybe the Egyptians did discover America. Do anyone remember the experiments of the viking descendant Heyerdahl and his Ra-boat, built from Nile straw. Might have been in the 1960-ies.  He crossed the Atlantic in an ancient boat-type.