News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA of Snug Houses

Started by slink, October 13, 2014, 04:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

I know that, for some reason, the snow is sticking to only one side of the house.  This is a different mystery to unravel.   ;)

Alfreddie

Mmn... Snow only on one side of the roof... That is most certainly WITCHCRAFT! Perhaps, good banished people should burn one or two old witches on a stake to ward off bad luck. ;D 

Mahnogard

Quote from: Alfreddie on October 18, 2014, 08:34:01 AM
Mmn... Snow only on one side of the roof... That is most certainly WITCHCRAFT! Perhaps, good banished people should burn one or two old witches on a stake to ward off bad luck. ;D 

My Bannies are witches. That's why they were banished! :D

Denis de la Rive

Tested the mod works well except for you being in conflict with you.  ;)  The snow issue is not important as I see it, I live with lots of snow and in our climate, this kind of difference is just a sign of a badly insulated and vented attic. As you can see in my image many other building have little snow on them, and the roof slope is far less steep, with is also a factor with snow.  ;D

rkelly17

Quote from: Alfreddie on October 18, 2014, 08:34:01 AM

Naw, just strong winds. That's life in the Frozen North.  ;D

rageingnonsense

@slink :

I tried to follow the example from your screen shot when it comes to the points lists. For some reason though, the game is favoring the last group of points for all my buildings. I added a points object as a child to each of my house meshes, and added the required points to them (build_01, build_02, etc).

The only thing that is different for me is that I use Blender, which does not allow for any object to share a name, even if it is a child. I had to go into the FBX file and manually rename the other points list. I guess I could have fucked that up... but is there anything I may be missing? Are all the points objects in your screen shot unique objects, or is it one object that is shared across three of the meshes? So confuse :(

slink

I do not know how to do anything in Blender.  Sorry.  I'm using 3ds MAX 2015, registered copy.  I've only had it for less than two weeks, so I barely know how to use that program.  If it is any consolation, I messed up my brewery FBX this afternoon and I am still trying to figure out how to get it back to working correctly so I can release the new version with the improved text output.  :(

Anyway, all of the "points" in Snug Houses were created separately and then renamed to the same name.  3ds MAX apparently doesn't care if you call everything on the screen by the same name, although I would expect the game to object.

RedKetchup

Quote from: slink on October 17, 2014, 06:14:58 PM
You are welcome, @RedKetchup.  Hopefully this pays you back for the tip about the OBJ file.   ;)

bah i didnt understood really what you did. you gave very few details, i dont even know how you can get that toolbar on the left of your screen :P.

so Rage i cannot help out out unfortunatly, i have absolutly no idea how she did it out of to have follow my "one .FBX tips" lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

@rageingnonsense, I loaded the FBX file of my snug houses into Blender and every last duplicate of the dummy helpers was renamed by Blender.  I don't think that will work in the game.   :(

rageingnonsense

@slink

Aww man, that is disappointing to hear. I really appreciate that you took the time to load it in blender though to see what happens!!!

I am curious, would it be possible to have an ascii version of your fbx file where each building has its own points? I am curious to see how the fbx file is set up compared to the edits i manually made to my file. I feel like I can "post process" my file manually by hand so the points all have the same name, but I must be missing something in the format. I do not break the file by doing this, but I do not get the results I would expect.

I dunno if that is asking too much, but it would be really neat to help get to the bottom of it. :D

slink

Here you go.  I changed the extension to txt so I could view it in Notepad.

rageingnonsense

@slink

You are the man! Thanks so much! Wish me luck! :D

slink

irrelevant

slink

LOL, for these purposes, I am.   ;)