News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Choo Choo [ a Little Project ]

Started by RedKetchup, May 30, 2016, 09:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i think they are fine. need to keep in mind that those bridge will cross the big river or a full lake. Those picture tells me about the bridge are built over ground pits or ground depressions with maybe a very smal creek runing at the bottom of the pits...
when it over a full big river, boats need to pass, you cant have wood crosses blocking the way....

thats what i think.

i btw spent some times to fix an issue with citizens always going the other side of the river to deposite the materials and start building there, the other side of the river. (and getting homeless) they will always go for the right side first now.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

euh............

it is nice but.... i dont know  :P
looks cartoon a bit

RedKetchup

:o

is someone good with photoshop and set a better color that fit more with the game ? or CC old bricks ?
i ve put the original file in attachment

and if not .... i guess ... or i ll need to do my own... and/or ... forget that and not do a stone one  :P

RedKetchup

Turis

Why don't you add these bridges into NMT, of course, changed to pedestrians?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Turis on June 28, 2016, 03:56:24 AM
Why don't you add these bridges into NMT, of course, changed to pedestrians?

i guess i ll have to do my own one (with same bricks textures i always used to use)

RedKetchup

:)

even if i would just do that ..... it is starting to look way better !!!

RedKetchup

in game it gives that
what your opinions ?

gerns

will a traders boat go between the pillars?? i think a stone base with a wood bridge would look better for that era? but whatever you make will be great

RedKetchup

boat traders go where they want and like they want no matter what
they never follow center or a specific path or specific amount of "tiles" from beach ..... it always been extremly chaotic
you would put a bridge 1 tile further and it would be completly different...

the boat will pass... the graphic of the boats always been glitchy and iffy
no matter what

i didnt got alot of comment on this :S

kid1293

OK!

There are always people who want double-sized / multi-versions / extra-everything...

What you have done is stirring the bee's nest.
You have showed some bridges and we want them all! :)
With and without train. With or without boat.

Which version is the final doesn't really matter.
You release when you feel it is there.

I get a strange feeling when looking at your bridges.
I am actually waiting for the train to come. :)

RedKetchup

it is so bad to not see the train effectively come. game cant handle that and it is a shame ^^

the problem with the "double-size" bridge... again the game doesnt handle that neither :(
the bridge need to be 1 tile wide. you cant say 2 tiles width, you only can say "add" + a number which it is added each side.

int _edgeWidth = 0;

if you change that number to = 1; then it adds 1 tile to the left, 1 tile to the right. and you get it 3 tiles large. but when you try to put it in the game as you try to cross a stream with it , it never goes "green" and always stay "red" forbitten. and you cant put it on the ground. i spent a full night to try to see if i can make it larger.

the only thing you can do is making size bigger in "overlap" which can clip into other things. the look would look bigger but the tiles each side wont be really "in use" by the building (bridge)
if that can make sense.

kid1293

Is it possible to use that 'overlap' to create a ghost tile for the train
and still use the the 'real' tile for walking?

................ - the bridge
xxxxxxxxxx - ghost rail

RedKetchup

for what ? i dont fully understand. to put a train or wagon on top of the bridge ? or have the bridge for road and the ability to put a rail ontop of it if you want ?

Discrepancy

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 28, 2016, 04:20:10 PM
the problem with the "double-size" bridge... again the game doesnt handle that neither :(
the bridge need to be 1 tile wide. you cant say 2 tiles width, you only can say "add" + a number which it is added each side.

int _edgeWidth = 0;

if you change that number to = 1; then it adds 1 tile to the left, 1 tile to the right. and you get it 3 tiles large. but when you try to put it in the game as you try to cross a stream with it , it never goes "green" and always stay "red" forbitten. and you cant put it on the ground. i spent a full night to try to see if i can make it larger.

the only thing you can do is making size bigger in "overlap" which can clip into other things. the look would look bigger but the tiles each side wont be really "in use" by the building (bridge)
if that can make sense.

Thanks for that information, I'd always wondered about that with the bridges. Now after looking at the code as well, I can see the limitations it has.
I gave it a few shots as well, tried adding different bits of code but nothing worked.

Isn't there as 3 wide bridge in CC?