News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Warehouse Inc. preview :) - discussions.

Started by RedKetchup, October 01, 2014, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

michaelrym

I'm likely too late, but a good name for a warehouseman would be 'porter'. You know, like the guys at railway stations that help travellers with baggage. A porter is someone who simply carries stuff.

slink

Or hauler.  But as you say, the mod is done now.   :)

salamander

If @RedKetchup ever wanted to tweak some things just for appearance, I might suggest looking at where the lower roof meets the wall of the upper section of the building.  It seems to me to be a little 'flat', and a little shading where they join might give a better look.  With the mod already having been released, I know this is a day late and a dollar short -- it just took me while to figure out what was bothering me about the building's look.

Regardless, this is a wonderful addition to the game.  Nice job, @RedKetchup;)

rkelly17

Nice work!

An example to make sure I understand: You give the workers the order to get 1000 stone. They go around to various stockpiles, collect the stone and put it in the warehouse. When you want to use it you put the number down to 0 and they empty it into the nearest stockpile. Is that correct?

irrelevant

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 04, 2014, 07:38:49 AM
Nice work!

An example to make sure I understand: You give the workers the order to get 1000 stone. They go around to various stockpiles, collect the stone and put it in the warehouse. When you want to use it you put the number down to 0 and they empty it into the nearest stockpile. Is that correct?

Or you could change the number to 900, and they would dump out 100.

RedKetchup

ya supposely the nearest, sometimes citizens can be dumb specially with the 1st stockpile that came with the new game ^^ . but yes.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 04, 2014, 12:36:14 PM
ya supposely the nearest, sometimes citizens can be dumb specially with the 1st stockpile that came with the new game ^^ . but yes.

Indeed! Laborers will carry stuff around with them for the longest time and then dump it in the oddest places. I have to admit I've come to rely on this as a way to have supplies in new areas: Build a storage yard and barn first and the laborers will often put a decent selection of supplies in the brand new structures.

Pangaea

I'm sorry, but why would we need a new profession for this? They do the exact same job as traders for the TP. I'm not a fan of adding professions just for the heck of it. There are enough already, and the profession window takes up enough space as it is.

25k sounds good. It will be a good place to store stuff for a rainy day, or to move logs and such things more centrally. Of course, they'll probably just take logs from nearby markets/stockpiles into the new warehouse instead, but some is bound to come from outlying areas :D

slink

I don't think they will take from markets.  I believe that only the vendors at a market can move things out of that market.

irrelevant

@slink Not sure about that, I have the impression that traders can take from markets, although it has been awhile since I formed this impression so it may be inaccurate. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the stockers are based on traders.

slink

Vendors and traders both push wheelbarrows, so they what they were each doing would not readily be apparent.  We need a "different wheelbarrows" mod now, for our research.   ;D

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on October 05, 2014, 10:34:26 AM
@slink Not sure about that, I have the impression that traders can take from markets, although it has been awhile since I formed this impression so it may be inaccurate. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the stockers are based on traders.

Quote from: slink on October 05, 2014, 10:30:26 AM
I don't think they will take from markets.  I believe that only the vendors at a market can move things out of that market.

I'm pretty sure that my traders take firewood from the nearest market when it is closer than the nearest stockpile. Otherwise how would they get goods to trade if there are none in barn or stockpile? At least, the numbers in the M go down as the numbers in the TP go up and how fast that happens seems related to the number of traders I have at work, not the number of vendors.

I could be wrong, of course.

slink

I thought that mine couldn't get any goods to trade when there were none available outside the markets.  Things are pretty tight under those circumstances, though, and I didn't pay much attention other than to tell my traders to stop grabbing the newly produced goods because my people needed them.

I could be wrong, too.   :)

rkelly17

I did a bit of research. I was working on a newish town that was ready to build its first trading post, so I followed the two traders I hired. Here they are raiding their local market for all of its firewood. The poor vendor had to make a rather long journey to restock.