Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Feel so rusty IMO

Started by RedKetchup, February 07, 2015, 11:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

mmmmhhh ...
yes .. maybe too .. commercial.. less medieval ..  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 15, 2015, 04:44:15 PM
space required : 4x6 with the road ( the wood house and the stone house have 4x5 with the road ) so 1x tile more depth
you need 1x6 to the right for 2nd floor, and 1x6 to the left for the 3rd floor. nothing will obligate you to build those 2nd and 3rd floor !

also but keep in mind you stack 3 level of houses in those same tiles, which is HUGE!
I'm not very strong in mathematics .. but 4x6 + (2 * 1x6) does 6x6?  :-\
the ground floor apartment is as big as a vanilla wooden house 4x4 + 1x4 street?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

yeah but in 6x6 including road you have 3 houses and 3 family (equivalent in space of just 2)
to add a story lvl you have no choice to take 1x full row. you cant take just 1x1 tile or take tiles already allowed to the 1st floor

i know i am probably the only moddler that try to NOT nerf the game at max and giving everything free and help people to cheat ^^

but i can check about that 1 extra 1x tile depth
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

no! that's perfect !!
my next city will be composed of 12x12 blocks as that of the markets (there will be four diagonally! beautiful!)
then 6x6 is really perfect !!  ;D

a little less "color 2nd floor" 4x5 .. but I'll try to compose blocks with those! putting down it individual stalls and firewood stockpile!  ;)

rkelly17

Love the awnings! Go for it!

And as for the size, since you get three families with four kids, that is a very economical use of space.

paralias

maybe you could use these awnings at the first floor if you convert it to a shop .For the houses i think with a different color, maybe like linen (matches the theme and the color of the houses) would be nice or even a wooden one

Bobbi

I like the blue striped awnings, but they do look kind of "shoppy". Also not sure how medieval awnings are. I tried to look up medieval awnings, but most came up on tents. They are pretty and colorful, so if you want to use them, go for it. Call me wishy washy.

RedKetchup

yeah thats what i thought, it makes 'shoppy'. make i should make some 'shopping' as 1st floor ? lol

paralias

make the corner one shop.. just a thought

RedKetchup

Chon Waen

With 4 of these fully built in a 12x12 block, you are going to either be left with a 2x12 strip in the middle or if rotated 90 deg from each other you will have a pinwheel arraingement with a 2x2 in the center and 4 1x5 spokes

Chon Waen

And as far as 1st floor shops go:
I love the idea for both shops and for small markets
I would suggest a couple limitations for better game balance.
Small markets have an inventory capacity about 1/9 that of the full market (assuming 4x4 market floorspace) 1-2 vendors.
Pub(brewery) and small tailors should have work time doubled per cycle to compensate for about half the floorspace and the fact that they only have one worker each on the full-sized version.
A small herbalist shop (apothecary) should only have 1 worker and 1/2 radius. 

Again, just my two-bits.
I leave the heavy lifting to you!

RedKetchup

there are some good constructive ideas in that :)

i think for sure, for the corner model.... i will probably do some "shopping" :)

presently, since the first full model is rdy, i am scattering and break the floors into 3 graphic files (1x .fbx per floor) and doing their building process (build_001 and build_002) and their own sheet. (.rsc)

assobanana76

Quote from: Chon Waen on February 16, 2015, 04:57:44 PM
With 4 of these fully built in a 12x12 block, you are going to either be left with a 2x12 strip in the middle or if rotated 90 deg from each other you will have a pinwheel arraingement with a 2x2 in the center and 4 1x5 spokes
I do not follow your reasoning.   ???
6 + 6 = 12  ::)
means that two buildings (3 floors) 6x6 completely fill a block of 12x12.

assobanana76

the idea of the shop on the ground floor of a building is an idea that I rammed in every forum and always was told that you can not do with this modkit ..
so I decided to join the Red mod with that of Black Liquid building a 2nd floor and putting a single stall on the ground floor!
and then I noticed that behind the stand there was a strip of firewood stockpile and so it looks perfect!