News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Feel so rusty IMO

Started by RedKetchup, February 07, 2015, 11:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on February 23, 2015, 03:31:48 AM
Question about buildings made of stone (e.g. cathedral): Is it possible to replace dirt around the building with stone road tiles that would be part of the model? It's not really pleasant to the eye seeing dirt around town hall, college, church,...

i usually keep the dirt 'inside' the building and try to make sure it doesnt go further than the foundations. you end up with grass instead.

2 things:

the moddler can tag the tiles to be able to make a road (dirt road or stone road) and it gives the same graphic as a road. but since it is a road.... citizens will go there like if it is a road.

2nd option
the moddler can put stone tiles all around building inside his graphic file. but it will never like the same stone road texture. you cannot reproduce the same effect and it will always look different.

like i said personally i like to have the dirt only inside. i cannot reprodure the same dirt effect neither. Only Luke, the developper, has that 'brush' probably a special photoshop brush he made.

but in the cathedral pictures.... i didnt made my footprint yet... i borrow the footprint from the actual church. i ll do mine when i ll be at that to do. next time i ll pickup my 3D program i will continue the houses.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Happy to see that you are back to modding @RedKetchup :D

Will you consider going back to steam (and Banished Info) for your new mods since there will be no more unauthorized copies made ? (you need to have the source code of a mod to upload it to the workshop now)

assobanana76

Quote from: Darkbibou on February 23, 2015, 04:46:35 AM
Happy to see that you are back to modding @RedKetchup :D

Will you consider going back to steam (and Banished Info) for your new mods since there will be no more unauthorized copies made ? (you need to have the source code of a mod to upload it to the workshop now)
they finally removed all double unauthorized copies?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

no they didnt.

Hi darkbibou. i thought about it at some point... and then i read some post on some of the illegal copies and .... i dunno. some are very mean.. i dont feel to put them back there :S
even some people think there is no copyright thing that exists for mods and they think they have right to do whatever they want...

i dunno maybe. till then..

world of banished has kinda ... the exclusivity :)

Darkbibou

There couldn't be anymore unauthorized copies now (I never get any for my latest mods).

Concerning old mods (ie. mods published before the latest Banished version), you can ask the steam support to remove the copies through the DMCA request form if you can prove that you are the original author.

I've written a tutorial about it: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/616199347848911716/?appid=242920

However, since you have removed the original copies of your mods from the workshop and Banished Info it would be a problem for the end users if you ask for a massive removal now (without reuploading the original copy) cause savegames will not work anymore after the removal (until the end users download your original version again).

Concerning mean people, you can't do anything about it except deleting offensive comments.

On another end you shouldn't have the same problems you had before about "copyrights" since your new mods have 100% handmade content :)

Anyway, glad you are back ^^

paralias

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 23, 2015, 03:40:44 AM
but in the cathedral pictures.... i didnt made my footprint yet... i borrow the footprint from the actual church. i ll do mine when i ll be at that to do. next time i ll pickup my 3D program i will continue the houses.

that means that your cathedral will have approximately the same size as a church? i would prefer a bigger one if its possible. it's a cathedral.. if we want a building for praying we have churches...here we're talking about a cathedral.. back then everyone starving to death and church bosses were building gigantic structures just to state they can do this (with the help of .... god ...of course) ;D

RedKetchup

yeah :) not as big as 1st picture but alot bigger and taller than actual church. ( a bit like 3rd picture )

Actual church : 8x12

Medieval Cathedral : 10x16
i can say... in game... it look so majestic !

Bobbi

I am confused. Are you saying that you did or did not create the Cathedral? Either way it is beautiful. How many citizens do you think you will make it hold?

Vulgarian

Quote from: irrelevant on February 14, 2015, 06:38:30 AMIt would be nice if there was some color variation between adjacent buildings, but I realize this would be difficult to manage, both from the standpoint of creating the mod, as well as from the standpoint of building them in game. The player would have to take care not to have different colors going up!

The roof colours on the original 2 story house are a nice touch. I only learned about that mod recently, so I've been using it like crazy. (Thank-you RedKetchup!)

Your post made me think of a variation which might help the model look more realistic. Instead of using "F" to toggle through roof colours, if each "face" had slight variations in the dimensions to appear less precise, that might give the impression of aging/sagging or a builder who was not the best at making every corner square and everything level. Some might view this as "cartoonish," but I think there's beauty in the imperfections.

[update]

Now that I've read through the thread and seen the progress, the screenshots are amazing. The only thing I can think of that would possibly make it better would be to vary the location of the stairs. (eg. facing  back or on the back of the house facing one side or the other)  Not that 216 variations isn't enough. :D Wow!

If you're looking for beta testers, I would be happy to try it. Or if not, I'll just wait until you release it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Vulgarian on February 23, 2015, 11:51:01 AM

If you're looking for beta testers, I would be happy to try it. Or if not, I'll just wait until you release it.

sure it is on page 6 of this post.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=766.msg12992#msg12992

Chon Waen

I'd love to see it *EVEN BIGGER!!!*
Like 12x18 or 12x20!
Requiring an absolutely obscene amount of stone, defaults 8 workers, and still takes a year to make!

irrelevant

Quote from: Chon Waen on February 23, 2015, 04:22:57 PM
I'd love to see it *EVEN BIGGER!!!*
Like 12x18 or 12x20!
Requiring an absolutely obscene amount of stone, defaults 8 workers, and still takes a year to make!

A year?! Twenty years. Fifty Years! A hundred years!! ;D

Chon Waen

Considering how long it took to build the real life cathedrals, you aren't too far off, but bannies die of old age in 20 years! Plus, I have no idea of how long you can stretch out an active building process.

irrelevant

Quote from: Chon Waen on February 23, 2015, 06:16:49 PM
Considering how long it took to build the real life cathedrals....
That's what I was thinking of. But you're right, Bannie's lives are shorter, so should construction times be.

Quote from: Chon Waen on February 23, 2015, 06:16:49 PM
I have no idea of how long you can stretch out an active building process.

I don't think there's any limit. It's a function of how many construction actions the building requires divided by the max number of builders allowed.

RedKetchup

8 bannies for 1-2 years ?

anyone knows how much the castle mods takes to build the castle (how much building units and material like stones ) ?