Main Menu

Small Town Row Houses 1.20

Started by kid1293, February 21, 2016, 08:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

:) :) :)

Look in download section...

calli74

Got it, and love it, loaded it into a saved game and have the health clinic and a few house built so far, it's working great.

MightyCucumber

Awesome mod man! Adds so much diversity to the already wide array of variations we can use in our Banished villages. Loving every detail of it!

Noticed on minor bug though - it conflicts with an older mod, Japanese Rowhouses. Maybe you could adress this issue in a later update (one of the three housing options is disabled if your mod is first in the loading order)? ;)

Keep it up, I really like your mods!

kid1293

Really thanks! :)

I have adressed the japanese mod conflict somewhere else
and I said that it probably is a naming conflict.
We both use 'rowhouse' somewhere and the first loaded
gets priority.

I can take a peek at my code, but don't get your hopes up,
I don't know what he/she has written so it is just a shot
in the dark.

BTW. Where can I get the japanese mod?
I know it's on Steam but I got my game from GOG so I
don't have a Steam account.
Can anyone send a link to that mod?

kid1293

Got it!
And fixed!

Check download page at alternate links!  ;)

Tom Sawyer

This is exactly the style of houses, a small community of banished people would build in pre-industrial times. Fits very well into the theme of the game. Perhaps the buildings are a bit too small scaled in relation to humans and other buildings. But no matter. I like the thatched roofs. Now we need a resource (reeds) growing on the banks and can be harvested. The banks also look so bare. Or straw as an additional raw material from cornfields. Both are historic roofing depending on the landscape.

Thank you for these beautiful houses.

MightyCucumber

Thanks for the quick bugfix! :P

I really can't wait to see more mods from you, great job! 8)

kid1293

@Tom Sawyer : Doesn't CC have reeds?
I agree that they could do a requirement to harvest reeds to build houses.
But then again, straw thatched and reed covered roofs are probably early
in the game. Noone wants to sacrifice a worker to collect reeds.  ???

@MightyCucumber : Thank you for encouragement, but all I need is perspective
on what I want to do next. Some wanted forest buildings so I'm looking into that.

:)

kid1293

A picture says more, no?

I will get to Fisherman later but first I want to know
what sort of trader I should have (or several)

My first impression was a seeds trader. Small house, early in the game.
...but I could use a food trader too.
I don't want to have a trader for building material since the house is so small.

Tell me!

Turis

With the dock being so small, I would say small items like food, tools, leather, etc. only. I don't think it should handle bulk materials like logs, stone and iron, and animals too as I don't see it has space for them. Perhaps, you could redesign the dock with a small fence area instead of the house to handle a couple of animals, and another design to handle bulk materials. Also, set the storage capacities of the dock accordingly to its size. That's my opinion.

kid1293

@Turis - Just my thoughts. I already thought of removing the house to
make room for livestock. Maybe it will work.
And I can remove the house and clutter up the whole space with crates
and barrels for building materials.

Yes, it's small, I realize that but I reused a rowhouse model and it felt
natural to have it that way.

Turis

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with its size. I find it interesting the idea of placing all the different docks in a row. :)

The Pilgrim

I disagree with Turis.  I think the house model will be what makes the dock fit into the set.  The set is particularly well suited for early game and the amount of trade done early on is pretty minimal, so i don't think a lower capacity would be inappropriate.  The only thing that I might change would be to add a animal paddock off to the side on a version that specializes in farm supplies and maybe a storage area on one that specializes in materials.

Gordon Dry

No matter what, they should all accept gold guilders, because in CC settlers find them roaming the forests from time to time.

So also in early game it's possible to pay with them...

Turis

As always, there's someone who misunderstand my comments. I'm talking about designing two other docks in addition of the one with the house. Did I say anything about discarding it? Well, no, I haven't. ::)