News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

The bannies walk in the middle of the side boards and that little part where the side steps are so they can go down on the beach.
The last part at the water side is ghosted so bannies cannot go there.

If the bannies are not guided with _ and # they will hop up and down the boards and the beach.
This the reason Kid not made the fort walls walkable as they need to be three tiles wide because both the outside and inside need to be # which means that the bannies cannot go there.
If it is _ it means the bannies can go there but if there is a wall and a bannie walks up to the wall he will jump on the wall.

So this:
#_#     <------ Wall three tiles wide. Outsides bannies cannot go.
___      <------ Wall three tiles wide but bannies see it as they can walk there but because of the floor they hop on the wall and on the other side hop down.

The sides of the boards are like this #_# and only at the side steps it is #__ so they can access the steps to the beach.
It is only one tile but the steps are almost 2 tiles because bannies are cutting corners so will also hop if I made the steps only 1 tile wide.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

yup this game has a 2D pathing, it doesnt know nothing about what is an height. it only know west-east and north-south. if the tile next would be as high as Jupiter... they wound be teleported as high.
so we need to put some #'s which supposely mean forbitten.

i say supposely, because very often, citizens ignore it if it suitable for them ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Tomorrow I will upload new versions of EB Village, Village Resources, Village Food, Village Storage, Village Services which include toolbar change, and the Copper  and Copper ore materials which are needed for the upcoming Statue of Liberty.
Thanks Red for the Copper Sources.

The statue of liberty is almost finished and probably can be released tomorrow too.
No immigration as the real fire need a worker and that messes with immigration.
With no worker the fire was showing floating in the air at the build stages and if I set bool _addOnCreate = false the fire never went on even after finishing the statue unless I added a worker.
So it need a trigger mechanism is my guess.

But as long as a fire worker keep the torch of the statue lit the bannies will gain spirit happiness within a radius of 100.
The statue will not be really cheap and only 1 can be build.

Like 22 wood, 80 stone, 54 Iron, and 94 copper with 250 build cycles.

galensgranny

embx61

Thanks @galensgranny

Uploaded new versions of EB Village, EB Village Resources Production, EB Village Services, EB Village Food Production, EB Village Storage, EB Village production, and Unified Mod.
Most changes are just a toolbar change and Copper Ore and Copper are added to the EB Village and EB Village Resources Production.
The Unified Mod contains now everything I made so far except for the overrides.

Uploaded the Statue of Liberty.
The statue have a radius of 100 and will provide spirit happiness as long as the torch is kept lit by a Fire Worker.
Not really cheap to build but I think not ridiculous expensive either :)
I can always change build cost if feedback is given.

Now I will continue with the clay/pottery chain and a fish cart.

If players play with the beach/deco beach mods make sure the beach mods themselves or any mod with update/release date of September 1 2018 or later which include the village entertainment toolbar changes are at the top of the mod list to avoid broken icons.

taniu

@embx61 :DThank you for adding a cart with fish. I read your statements and other moderators and I know that it is difficult to add something to such a wonderful beach, but I still try to join the beach with other mods. I'm sending screenshots to see if you can add anything? E.g. I added mod @DS  - are at the pier level . Can you eliminate the railing and create a fishing stand on one side? or put boats at the end of the water and fish from the boat? Can you add a piece of platform  the side and stairs and create a fishing stand?
I'm worried that if I build the beach badly, I can not remove it - you wrote that a giant hole will be created, maybe you will come up with something? I'm not as smart as you are - I have only ideas. I apologize in advance for the problem, but I love Banished, I am attracted to such wonderful new mods. Cheers!

taniu

@embx61 :D As you can see it still tests but it does not go too well with the beach, actually people are strangely jumping from the pier to the water and vice versa Cheers!

Abandoned

oh, bad idea to have fishermen and fish hooks where people are barefoot and swimming.  Fishing lines catch on weeds and break, leaving hooks behind.  :(

embx61

Yes. the last part is a bit ghosted and I not know the path of that DS piece.A building can only have one thing to do.

It is a market so adding fishing in the same mesh is not possible.
I have to make a piece what extends but then the (part of) railing need to go. If some not want to build the fishing pier they are missing the railing so have to make two versions just for the railing or make ghosted railing what means a button just for a piece of railing which bannies will not recognize as a railing so if take one step further end up in the water.
Same with boats, the bannies need a path to the boats or they will never reach it so the fishermen do nothing more then idling.

A fishing pier from the side is also difficult because the bannies are not allowed on the outer edges of the pier.
I had to do this to avoid the hopping up and down as the ground is not flattened so the pier will be way higher close to the water then the ground.

Ghosting can do some nice things but the problem is that bannies avoid ghosted stuff. For the bannies the piece is not even there (Hence the name ghosted) so they walk through it and also not recognize a floor object in a ghosted piece so fall through.

I understand that a piece what is demolished and left behind is not everyones thing but a hole is what you get if not replaced by a destroy mesh.
I understand also that for some players the survival part and the vision of Luke are not important but on the other hand I also think we as players and modders alike should not wander too much away from the vision of Banished. Players who want to cramp everything in a small space can choose not to use the beach as a small market cart does the same thing on a maybe 2x3 footprint.

The beach is designed for the visual aspect so players choose to lose some space to have a beach they can decorate at will.

A hole and the water plane edges are visible too so even if the hole itself not look to bad the cut off water plane surely does. So only a flatten tool can fix that hole and even flatten tools are not work precisely and there is no way back if players screw up so have to save before messing with the flatten tool. On the water edges the flatten tool not can make the nice slopes as seen on the river banks but will always be almost straight sharp edges.

I really don't care and can ask more players to add their vision on it. If most players prefer it can make a update without the destroy mesh if players prefer that so they can fill that hole up with a flatten tool.

Gatherer

We people as a species are so greedy. More, more, more...want, want, want... OK, fine. What are we prepared to do for it? Absolutely nothing. Just give!!!

Why should everything be made compatible? It is a beach where bannies can relax and enjoy some sunshine, ice cream and swimming.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

embx61

I loaded the mesh and changed some stuff a bit to see if I could add a small fish dock.
Here it is. The Beach footprint is now 15x23 instead of 14x22 because I had to get rid of the ghosted part.

I allow only one fisherman on that little dock because of not much room for the create points.
If I create more create points then 2 they overlap and sometimes the game drops them on the shore next to the beach if the others are still not picked up I noticed.
Then the bannie who is on the way to pick it up just go through the side railing and hops on the shore  ::)

Now make a little ghosted railing for those who not want the fishing dock so they can close the end part off.
Then some cleanup, build stage and AO maps and I will upload a new version of the Large Beach with the modular fishing dock included.
Although the beach is under Town services --- Entertainment what have nothing to do with fishing I will do the buttons for the fishing dock and ghosted railing next to the beach buttons so it stays all together.

A picture says more then words so here it is.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_02_09_18_11_19_40.jpeg
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Abandoned

Does this change only affect the large beach? I hope

embx61

Yes, only the large beach because the small beach have no side boards which go all the way to the water. (Lucky me) LOL
But it is modular. Even when the docks are included in the upcoming version players not have to build them and so the beach is just as it was before.

The only thing is I had to remove the end cap railings so bannies can access the fishing dock but I included a ghosted railing piece where players who not want the fishing dock can close the side board ends off.

The mod is also still rather small and only some kilobytes are added to the total.

Abandoned

embx61

Just uploaded version 17003 of the Large Village Beach.
A 2x3 Modular fishing Dock is added at a request from taniu. 1 Fisherman can catch between 5 to 7 fish.
I also added a ghosted end railing which can be placed at the ends of the side walks if no fish dock is build.
The fishing dock can be placed on both sides at the ends of the side walks so two are possible.
I also increased the radius circle from 34 to 44.

The fish dock and ghosted railing button are just next to the Beach buttons under EB Village Town Services --- Village Entertainment.

Should be save compatible but not sure a build one will update the mesh changes and because the beach will be a destroy mesh if demolished it is maybe better to wait for a new map before updating.