News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA : New Medieval Castle : Beta v 0.1 - Walls

Started by RedKetchup, April 21, 2015, 07:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

my model is awesome cause it is like the old one... but fresh and shinny new build with some different textures to match NMT but...

it really wont make it. but i have good ideas coming soon :) to match canals and being in center of the town :) and same for a new fishy buildings :)

i ve put the hand in some awesome deviant art / pictures, these look, so awesome, that it is pushing me to rebuild everything :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

so i made 2 more test to confirm :

i moved the boat_001 around to see if it really control it :)
A: YES

then i tried to turn in around at 90 degres rotation :)
A: YES, it rotate the boat.

so who on the earth could even guess a such dummy when nowhere on internet it doesnt mention it at all ?
A: I guess ME :P

warcraft raid tonight, but after all night, i'm gonna play a bit with canals and port/fishing docks.

chillzz

assobanana76

I had said!
I knew you'd be able to finish!
very nice work!!
it's a shame that you can not use the same texture of the moving river!
It will mean that we will imagine that in that space the water is stopped, or slowed down, for lack of current ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on May 12, 2015, 12:20:10 AM
I had said!
very nice work!!
It will mean that we will imagine that in that space the water is stopped, or slowed down, for lack of current ..

yeah cause the dev is a bit noob and didnt been able to imagine what the moddler who love to do. ^^

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 12, 2015, 03:13:25 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on May 12, 2015, 12:20:10 AM
I had said!
very nice work!!

yeah cause the dev is a bit noob and didnt been able to imagine what the moddler who love to do. ^^
perhaps you can clear up some blueness?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

mwahaha  ;D

i am a god ! lol

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 12, 2015, 10:44:47 AM
mwahaha  ;D

i am a god ! lol

Beautiful canal, but maybe it's time for an intervention?  ;D

noobee

Wow. That looks marvelous. I assume the water level is much lower then the in-game one, did you try it with you trading post already?

RedKetchup

Quote from: noobee on May 12, 2015, 11:47:03 AM
Wow. That looks marvelous. I assume the water level is much lower then the in-game one, did you try it with you trading post already?

yeah water is lower than river and lake, for a perspective effect, we need to see a good high wall behind those docks and behind people standing there.
about TP i will retry probably tommorow when i ll do a new design and hopefully i will find out how to make mechants willing to go for it ^^

but for the moment :

A very New Area of fishing is BORN!!!

just need to add a couple of items linked to fishing like maybe nets... a rope with some fishies hanging... something like :)

michbret

Hello Redketchup,

I am amazed. You are really good (and fast!) at modelling.

Some time ago I just made a suggestion about moat or canal around your nice walls (douves) and you have built a new world from this idea. Wonderful work since you also solved the water level problem (with some help from Kralyerg if I followed everything).

The only very little problem I see with your work is only aesthetic. As far as I can understand, Luke has used some greyish texture for the water and, I assume, particles effects.

This creates some transition in colour and in effect between the legacy river waters and you canal waters. According to your screen captures, your water have also a small tiling look (carrelage).

Solving the transition created by particles effect is probably very difficult. But basic texture (color) is probably easier.
Did you look after some texture that could smooth the transition between standard in game water and your nice system of inland waters.

For example, http://texturelib.com/#!/category/?path=/Textures/water/water is giving free of right several textures whose greyish look could better match the basic in-game water look.

That's just a suggestion and I have no idea about how the game would render this.

By the way, many thanks for your excellent work. I am really enjoying it each time I play Banished.

Merci

Michel

chillzz

Not even gone for a day and @RedKetchup presents new beta 0.7a AND moats with a pier/scaffold  on which they can fish! Amazing!

Bobbi

These are so cool.  8) Will this be a new fishing dock, or is it just animation of people fishing?

RedKetchup

it is a real fishing dock. and the production efficiency is based on the amount of deepwater around, i mean amount of canal pieces around  ;D

of course i only allow 2 fisherman per dock which will make it total less productive than a real one on a lake but... i still saw a 600-900 production per year.

if you build the dock alone in a hole by itself in a plain.... each fisherman grab 1 fish per attempt each. asap you start to add more pieces around like pair of straight each side.... it add 1 more fish per cast. typically it seems they get like 5 or 6 or 8 fishes per cast when inside a full lenght of a canal inside their radius

the radius has been lowered to fit the design but if production isnt enough efficient, i can add more radius :)

EDIT: just added a rack with some fishies hanging :) oh and a sign post :)