News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK EC church and game slowdown due to fodder

Started by galensgranny, October 05, 2019, 10:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

@RedKetchup , in your description for the church that is in the basic vanilla toolbar, you wrote that it gives health happiness.  Is that correct, or is it really spirit happiness?
I am having a problem with playing RKEC due to the spawning fodder/grass.  It makes my game slow to a crawl. On speed 10, it is like the Bannies are on speed 2.  That makes the game almost unplayable due to everything taking so long, and it is no fun.  When I use another starting condition mod, such as Kid's Fairy Tale, there is no longer any fodder/grass but still all your RKEC buildings, and game runs at a correct speed. 

Is it possible to have a patch to not have the fodder/grass spawn on it's own?

RedKetchup

not sure if a patch can be made without being a full mod.

i am sorry if you are lagging and not like to play below 10x. just use another map generator mod on top :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

the church is same as it was, just the model has changed. the chapels are just a smaller version.

galensgranny

I don't play at 10 speed, except for a few seconds occasionally.   I was trying to make a point that the game goes so very slow.  Much more slow than normal.  On one speed, it is like minus 8, slower than a normal one speed.   I guess my computer just can't cope with your mod with the fodder spawn. 

The church usually gives spirit happiness.  Your description says the church gives health happiness.  So I was wondering  if you made a change and intended the church to have health happiness. 

brads3

does your speed pick up after the fodder dies off in about 5yrs?

galensgranny

I didn't wait five years, brads, since everything was taking so very long. Painfully, slow even at the highest speed.   Maybe I will try an experiment and set up a few buildings, then go do some housework for an hour or two and see what happens.

brads3

if you play in windowed mode,and minimize banished,speed will pick up.if you are used to a slower speed,changing it to 10x should have worked as well.don't minimize it long thou,the game will take off on you. have you played with the graphic settings for the game?you might find changing shadows or something helps. then if speed does increase after the fodder dies, you can reset the settings.

galensgranny

iI already have it in windowed mode and have most shadows off. I'll turn all of them off.  I'll try minimizing the game when I have the Bannies directed to clear area.  Thanks for the tips.

In a few years I'll get a new computer with more power for modern games, but that won't be for long time.  I need to save up for a new roof first.

wiscoke

Do you play on big maps. I have the lag too, but I always play on big maps because I want a big flat piece to build on. I delete everything which falls out of the area I want to build my town. It helps a lot. No more trees, no more fodder and flowers. No trees, means no simulation for gatherers food.

elana

I play on small maps - usually at speed 10, with lots of pauses.  Never had the problem with slowing due to the plant life.   Windowed = yes.   One possible workaround for your situation MIGHT be to have your banshees build crop fields, etc. over the offending spawning flora.   One does not have to work the field, it will still stop other growths.
Do as you would be done by

galensgranny

I turned Shadow Resolution to low, and made it "none" for Shadow Quality and Resolution.  Those things made a big difference! The speed is now close to normal.   :D   The birch trees look weird, but that's OK.
I have been playing on a medium map, but so far, never filled it all.  Maybe I will try small maps.
Thanks for all the suggestions.  Now I can play RK EC 1.31 smoothly.
Would it be my graphics card that makes the limitations?

Abandoned

@galensgranny I had lag with RKEC full version especially when moving camera over the trees. My laptop gave off a lot of heat, I limited play time.  Have you tried RKEC light version?  If problem is computer, maybe light version will work better.

galensgranny

Abandoned,  I was thinking of using a different version of RK EC, but so far with all the shadows off, it is plays fine.  Though, I do not get the beautiful look of all the trees and other items.  Maybe after I get a town started, I will change the shadows and resolution for a while to see it looking nicer.

I am on a PC. Maybe it is getting hot, but I never checked the casing. But, what you said about your laptop overheating is what happened to many people on another game I play.  So I think there is something to do with graphics/animations making computers work harder, and those off us with older computers, (not that I think 7 or so years is old), now have outdated computers. 

RedKetchup

galensgranny

I was thinking of getting a new video card for my computer, but it is not likely worth it, since my computer is Windows 7 (which will soon not be supported by Microsoft,) and also is no longer very powerful compared to newer computers.  Meanwhile, with shadows off, the game play is good.

@RedKetchup , about the church in the regular toolbar; You wrote on this forum in the description for your mod that the church gives health happiness.  Is that correct?  Usually the churches give spirit happiness.