News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Garden Walls: Utility for 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, March 10, 2017, 02:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asthehind

Thanks for the replies! And may I take the opportunity to thank-you RedKetchup - your medieval towns mod really makes the game of Banished for me! I never play without it. :3 Regarding all your questions - it's late here so I can't post screens or check my mod load order till tomorrow. However I can tell you that I'm running the lite version of Natural Diversity, the one that just changes the appearance of the herbs/wild foods and does no more. (I tried the full version on a different save and kept getting crashing issues so I disabled it and downloaded the lite version.) I'm trying a hard start for the first time, and the only storage buildings I have are storage piles (default kinds) the starting wagon and the new miscellaneous storage building that came with the mod. I didn't see any hay piles after the harvest. I'm not sure how to check which version of Banished I'm running, but I have it through Steam and it's set to keep it up to date. In fact it's running some kind of update as I type. I shall answer the rest of your questions tomorrow.

QueryEverything

Thanks for the update @asthehind
On the load screen of Banished, in the menu screen, if you look to the black bottom border there is yellow writing.
You will see the game details there. :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

thanks for the reply @asthehind  :)

first thing to do is re download and make sure you have the latest version of Natural Diversity Lite. (the first version of it full/lite had a conflict with my grass/fodder but should been fixed in later version) (the Lite version should not have a conflict)

in your steam launcher right click on your "banished" game and at the bottom of the menu you should see properties, click properties.
go on last tab named "BETA" and open the little box and "select : Beta - beta test for version 1.0.7"
and click close. at the bottom of your launcher you should see a download happening
and when done 1/1 retry your game.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

asthehind

OK, news everyone! It turns out I was running 1.0.6, so I downloaded the 0.7 beta. On trying to load my save, I got a message about Medieval Towns version having changed (??) and loading the save crashed the game. So I started a new testing game but silly me forgot to choose mods before starting it, so I checked in game. For some reason the Medieval Towns version had rolled back to a previous version, 1.1b. So I quit the game, unsubscribed from that version in Steam and resusbscribed to the newest version. It did a little download in Steam. For some reason though 1.1b is still shown in the mod menu, but it says 'updating mod' at the top. I'm currently waiting to see if that does anything, it seems to be taking its time!

asthehind

Right. To cut a long and boring story short, I broke it! I tried the 1.0.7 beta, but as I couldn't get Medieval Town 2.0 working right I decided to roll back to the previous version. That's where it went wrong... So I uninstalled and reinstalled Banished as it was completely borked and wouldn't load at all and said 'content file locked'.
So new question - will this mod work with 1.0.6, or am I out of luck?

RedKetchup

yes NMT 2.0 works with banished 1.0.7 . the only thing is if you have CC also in same time , it will bug the clay/bricks/rooftile/pottery chain. and that bug wont crash you but would make the kiln and pottery shop inoperant (citizen go back and forth with material and cant put it inside the building so it return to the stockpile and restart the process)

but NMT 2.0 works fine without crash.

if you are making your change with banished 1.0.7 stop to subscrib to mods with steam workshop and go in the download section here. you seems to have enough knowledge to handle those " go to folders and do copy/pastes" operations :)

asthehind

That's interesting, the kilns work fine with CC in 1.0.6! I think for now I'll stick with that version. Is it worth trying Garden Walls again, or does it require 1.0.7?

RedKetchup

Quote from: asthehind on April 24, 2017, 06:31:48 PM
That's interesting, the kilns work fine with CC in 1.0.6! I think for now I'll stick with that version. Is it worth trying Garden Walls again, or does it require 1.0.7?

of course kilns work fine with 1.0.6 they are made for it. i talked about your questions : medieval town with 1.0.7
i tried to explain kilns , with CC on top, in 1.0.7 will have a bug. if you dont have CC, or CC is below in the mod order : you will have absolutely no problem.

let me know if i need to explain more.

Karlieb

Thanks for this mod and for sharing your resource files. I've been playing around, trying to get a seasonal kind of thing going. I wanted to make it so that the grass died every winter and the flowers spawned the grass in the spring and then died but I couldn't tinker that one out. So now I have the flowers all blooming in the summer and then dying over winter. Now if I can find a happy balance with the grass, I'll be happy. :) You have created something beautiful!

Please excuse the quality of my first ever animated .gif. And the shifting of the camera as I fought with my mouse.

Early Spring through early Autumn.

RedKetchup

wow that really, really incredible !!!!!
i made the mod, yes i tested a little bit, but i never saw it like this !!!

thanks you for sharing !!

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

Oh my ....  @Karlieb that is just ...  superb!!!

@RedKetchup maybe ask her if you could use that .gif in your main post & download post - that is amazing! 

Truly beautiful @Karlieb :)

Please, let it have it's own thread too, not everyone may say it in this thread.  :) 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Karlieb

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 09, 2017, 05:51:30 AM
Oh my ....  @Karlieb that is just ...  superb!!!

@RedKetchup maybe ask her if you could use that .gif in your main post & download post - that is amazing! 

Truly beautiful @Karlieb :)

Please, let it have it's own thread too, not everyone may say it in this thread.  :) 

I forget my name looks like KAR-LEE-BEE instead of the intended KAR-LEEB (I'm a guy ;) ).

It's perfectly fine for @RedKetchup  to use the picture but it is a modded version (just the growth.crs to make everything non-immortal, the grass reseed and the flowers to only bloom when the temperature is 77F or above) of his work, so not 100% representative of the mod itself.

Thanks very much for the compliments, but I'm not sure this is worthy of it's own topic (and I'm also afraid some would ask for my modifications which I'd not feel comfortable giving out because it's RK's work, not mine). Which forum group should I post it in if I decide to post this as its own topic?

I just like to tinker so thanks again, @RedKetchup, for posting your raw material files.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Karlieb on May 09, 2017, 12:26:13 PM
I just like to tinker so thanks again, @RedKetchup, for posting your raw material files.

welcome :)

but the flowers, itself, are immortal. the grass are not, living about 2/3 of a tree life.
dont be fool by the winter... they only go hide beneath the snow :D in winter and show back up at spring :)

Abandoned

@RedKetchup it would be safe to assume that I can not use this absolutely fantastic looking mod with 106, correct?

It has really gotten difficult and time consuming trying to get information on completed mods, so much in threads that probably should be in suggestions and ideas section. 

thank you  :)