News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Whats about a new wonderful... Townhall ?

Started by RedKetchup, August 13, 2016, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so after to have spent 2-3 hrs on trying to match the digging started from the front, each side, and get to the back and the rear of the house....
and trying to make it good looking....

i decided to change my mind on something important : the digging and the height of the building vs the ground.
all the trouble come from it seems the ground level in front and the ground level in the back of the house and the courtyard are not at same level in reality, like if the building has been built on a little slop; like 1 meter difference between the front courtyard and the back courtyard.

i know i would never be able to do the same, i decided for my 2nd option : put the rear of the building and put the basement windows at ground level
so now i need to modify the entrance and the way the stairs at the entrance are leading to the building.

the most part i ll do each step of the stairways a bit higher than previous. i need to get almost 1 meter height covered. i know it will change the look of the entrance but i have kinda not the choice to do. that digging is too painful.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

it would give that.

(i ll have to figure out where i go with these 2 front wall each side ^^ they were preventing people to fall down 1 meter ^^ i will  maybe or delete those or make it go up to rear wall :P)

RedKetchup

or 3rd option. which maybe the best in fact ........ probably the best looking.

no basement at all. as it was but no digging to show the basement.
that way i can also save all the polygons to have draw all the basement and all its windows. saving also the stairs leading to the back balcony which i still had to do.

at you to judge , people !!

RedKetchup

just to post a picture of where i ve gone with the digging so far , i had to add another row maybe 2 to free the back balcony and do its stairs.

(i took that picture cause i found it funny to see the little kid spying what was going on in the basement of the white house ^^)

RedKetchup

so i dunno. i will let you comment for half to 1 day and see what you think. i ll go play CivV ^^

Gatherer

My opinion:
1. Keep the basement windows.
2. Keep the wall but make it sloped on the sides of the two smaller stairs so that the rest of the wall in front is at 1/3 of its original height.
3. Put the wall all round the building and have it link up with the balcony at the back.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

The basement really look nice, if you look at the house only, but I can understand your trouble. It is a "hole" at the house and I suppose it will be hard to get the surroundings to look as nice as the house deserves. So maybe it´s better to take the basement away.

josito

Incredible progress! Really like the second option, gives the house some superiority.

Kimbolton

I can't decide! :)

I guess option two if it lets you keep the windows on the basement but maybe option 3 is better. I'm sure you will make the right call!

RedKetchup

so if i understood well... 1 need to keep the basement windows if possible  :P

so i tried to do what Gatherer said .... go with the walls up to the rear balcony.
i wasnt sure where you asked me to put the stairs....

but i did this.

Edit: the 2 last screens are for showing where a road all aroung the building will arrive.

Nilla

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on August 18, 2016, 05:49:02 AM
Wonderful solution!  :)

yeah i am happy finally :)

i just added a bit of code so it attracts citizens :)
( same code as the "well" )

kid1293

Gatherer

Love the solution Mr. Red. Not exactly what I had in mind with the stairs but it works and looks nice.

Question: Are you planning to add a fence between the columns at the back balcony?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.