News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEC Fire bundles

Started by galensgranny, October 04, 2019, 03:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I  finally am playing a game with RKEC full as the main mod and with all it's starting changes.  At first I didn't care for all that grass/thatch, but thought I'd give it a try.

I see I can make fire bundles that serve the same purpose as firewood.  That is good since there is so much thatch all over the place.  I also see that the wood chopper can make fire bundles.  That is fine.  But, it is a large building, not suited for smaller village sections/outposts.   Does there a exist a wood chopper that can make fire bundles from the thatch that is a smaller size?
Also, is there a worker building that has a worker to clear the thatch, instead of having to manually do it with laborers?  Maybe some sort of lawnmower worker?  ;)     

brads3

the fodder does die off after a few years. it wont regrow but the flowers will.unless you build the fodder hut to grow and harvest it. if you use KID's Forest Outpost nat div version mod,houses can use the thatch without it being bundled.use this above the RKEC.

galensgranny

Thanks for the info, brads.  I am glad the grass/thatch/fodder (whatever it is called) dies off and does not come back.  It's too much.  Though, in real life, people would have to clear grasses and weeds, and not just rocks and trees, before building.