News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adding MODs to the RK CHOICE

Started by brads3, April 18, 2019, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i have noticed an issue. after 20yrs on a map,the thatch has died off and is not regrowing.there are plenty of flowers.at 1st i thought it was just the clear grass tool not showing the thatch. i sent the bannies to clear land that had not been touched before and they are not collecting any thatch. they did gather thatch early on. thatch is flagged as firewood and i did send the banies to pick firewood up over the years

i'll get time tomorrow to check on this more.

donwolfkonecny

I think thatch would get removed by Pine foresters gatherers, and it seems the trees themselves spread and replace my collectible items with non-collectible items. Could it be the thatch-producing trees have been replaced with Pine trees?

PS I wish there was a way to remove the Pine trees so they don't replace the collectible items. Is there an easy way to identify a vanilla pine from a Pine pine so I can remove them? I'm hoping that would leave the collectible items alone and plentiful.
I assume it's the case that a Pine item will only appear under a Pine tree, and not under a vanilla pine tree??? Cause the Pine items have spread on the map like a contagion.

brads3

in my current setup the pine mod is added to the bottom of the mod order.trees should be planted via the RK except where a pine mod forester works. i actualy left area that i had only cleared tres,stone,and ores from. so far firewood and everything else seems to still appear.just the thatch has disappeared. almost like the flowers have choked out the thatch.

what it sounds like is you have the pine mod above the RK. that woud cause the pine trees to be different and spawn pine or vanilla items and less of the RK.the gathering buttons woud be connected to the RK items.

hmm so it appears depending on mod order,all items load to the start of a map. then some die and do not regrow. not sure if RED changed it but the flowers were spawning the grass before.most of the berries spawn from the flowers also.

this could be fun.change mod order a see what happens. each test would have to run out several years.

donwolfkonecny

I thought RK said the trees spawn the thatch and the thatch spawn the flowers, not what you said about flowers spawning thatch.

No matter what patches and other order of mods, if I put RKEC above Pine Set then it crashes (I think it's when it saves). But if I put RK above Pine Mod and use charcoal patch, then it runs. Please post your mod order. Here is mine. Because I would like to use RKEC above Pine Set if what you say is true that would be perfecto.

RedKetchup

nothing spawn the grass. only itself replications, auto respawns. like trees. nothing spawn trees out its auto respawn timer.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

so i amn not totally crazy. thatch did work in earlier versions differently.what got me was going back to older maps,the thatch changed names from fodder-thatch to thatch. couldn't figure out which mod did that.

mod order? which 1,the current map or the tweaked fixed version? LOL

WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
ProperTime=1
Norseman=1
SafetyHole=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
banishedUImaps=1
RKECtownhall=1
NewPineFlora=1
SeasonFX=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
LivestockForTrade=1
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
LandscapeNordic (1)=1
CCFrontier=1
SmallTipi=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBStorageSet=1
EBSVBeach=1
EBSVBeachLarge=1
EBSVBeachDeco=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBStatueTrapper=1
EBStatuesOfHonour=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBIrrigation=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBWinery=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1

donwolfkonecny

I am not seeing Maritimes Pine Set in your list. Don't you need that to have the production line (Turpentine etc)? That is what crashes if placed above RKEC.

brads3

hmm half the list. bottom half-

ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
NomadSignComplete=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGothicFantasy=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidHouseBoat=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidMedievalGrace=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidOldTownPorts=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidRowHousing=1
KidGrowHuntFish=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
KidBodiamCastle=0
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
KidMist=1
LargePort=1
MarketBBQ=1
MarketSoup=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
ChooChoo=1
library=1
college=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
CityRoads=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
Charburner=1
BradsSmokingShed=1
Izba=1
FlyFishing=1
Hunting=1
NordicLogCabin=1
nordichouses=1
NordicSchool=1
NordicTannery=1
NordicHuntingCabin=1
DairyHut=1
Campfire=1
SmallWindmill=1
NordicWarehouse=1
RedCottage=1
TjurkoMill=1
CityButcher=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBlastFurnaceAdv=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSStoneHovels=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
GrowRoots=1
zSoapiary=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
zMash=1
WaterAndOtherDecorations=1
MarbleQuarry=1
Stable=1
Terraform=1
CCDocks=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
JinxieBittyRabbitHutch=1

Jinxiewinxie

I can see that if a mod exists, Brads3 more than likely has it installed XD

donwolfkonecny

My game is crashing with just these four mods enabled.
This always happens for me when RK is above Pine Set.
I don't know if the RKECTH mod is the same as yours, yours is named differently.

RedKetchup

thats for a certain bug crash of the townhall when clicking the townhall.

are you trying to start new maps each time or try to change in a saved ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

donwolfkonecny

Always a new game. Do I need to restart the machine after a crash? Sometimes I have to quit steam to get Banished to clear from memory.

Is that the same TH patch that brad is using?

Can anyone else load these four mods with RK above Pine Set and have it NOT crash???

Really I just wanted more stuff, more production chains, and I like his houses because they have so much detail. If there was something else with as much production chain I would use that...
I like the production chains in RKEC but want more!

brads3

would switch the townhall patch to the other version and try it again. otherwise there are 2 possabilities. 1 is steam does something to cause an issue since i don't use that.2 is you have a mod stuck in the registry. i woud open the game registry and delete all the mod lines. there are 2 sets.then reboot the mod order with the mod manager.or better yet, just load up the main 4 mods to test it.

donwolfkonecny

Where is the link to the "other version" of the townhall patch? I doubt this is the problem since I haven't gotten anywhere near building a townhall, it crashes within three minutes.

Also, I see I previously posted a list with "RCTownhall patch" in it but now I don't find that in my list, I only find RCEKTownhallNotCoal. I don't know how the name changed???

Do you have instructions for editing registry? I looked inside my registry and did not find any mod folders, only a line for the application.

brad could you run a three minute test using just the four mods? I wonder if one of your other mods is preventing the crash because I don't see how you could run it without crashing and mine crashes...but I don't have all the mods you do...

brads3

where did you get the townhall not coal patch? i could not find it to test.you say the game works with the pine below the RK and does not crash? are you enabling the new pine flora patch?  that is needed. the flora patch is what spawns the items.without it the pine mod was known to crash.

RK townhall patch
new flora
RK
pine mod

this works.  the pine can be used above the RK IF the new flora patch is above the pine mod.

1 thing to remember also is that not all items collected will show in the gathering menus.other items are collected than what those menus show.