News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Any thoughts on this ?

Started by RedKetchup, September 26, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Not as much, that way.  They look faded, which is realistic for wood shingles but makes it harder to pretend they are tiles.   ;)

RedKetchup

i would be ok for the black Paeng, there is the roof tile png, play with it , and find something better than the primacolors and i ll add it too :) with your black :) that you ll give me too in a seperate .png :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

yeah me too i kinda like the nice shinny colors :)

slink

Here's a bunch of roof tile candidates.  Oops, one too many.

RedKetchup

screenshot of what it gives @slink :) with your tiles :)

slink

Spanish tiles looks the best of the five.  I like the texture of Red Roof Tiles 1 and the color of Red Roof Tiles 2, but neither of them lines up correctly on the roof.  The Blue Roof Tiles look like they are made of metal, which I suppose is possible.  The hexagonal tiles are okay.  They line up correctly on the roof but lack texture and depth of color.

RedKetchup

personally i prefer my cartoon original tiles :)
in game, none of these gave any good impression. on those house, they seems like coming from another world. i know the house itself is cartoon like

rkelly17

My goodness, such possibilities! My natural inclination is to go with something like what @Paeng suggested, but I can see @slink's point that we have plenty of black roofs in Banished. As for the tile pictures, my memory of fachwerk (sp?) houses is that the roof tiles look more like the hexagon-red-slate or red roof tiles_2.  I also remember some that look like  Spanish_Tiles_Red_Fume. Here's a picture of a roof under repair which shows both weathered and new.

rkelly17

Actually, I like the Spanish style one best. Maybe the tiles can be a bit smaller?

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 28, 2014, 05:50:24 AMi think it s too much ... copper gold and silver metallic

tehehe... well yeah, the shininess needs to be dampened, so it doesn't look 'metallic'... but the small swatches have loads of 'highlights' - compare to Luke's textures, they are using much more base colors (without any 'highlights')... My quick and dirty experiment just tried to pull different roof colors closer into the color scheme of Banished...  ;)

I'm attaching two trials, one a warmer wood, the other a darkish grey, hopefully less stark than 'Banished Black'... but I fear that blue, green or red roofs are just not "me" (at least not for Banished), less so if they are made of ultra-modern materials... But hey, that's cool... takes all kinds - and I know you're just warming up  ;D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

irrelevant

I also prefer the more rustic look with more drab colors. I think with some variation possible that would make a very attractive town. If fear that the bright colors and the manufactured roofing mats will seem jarring and out of place when applied to more than just a few houses. I can't imagine a whole town made out of those. 

slink

Here is Spanish at one-quarter size.

irrelevant

@slink that's better.

Maybe there could be two versions of this dwelling mod; a colorful one for fun-loving folk, and a drab one for fuddy-duddies like me  ;)

RedKetchup

ok, so these spanish tiles, i do 1 house with it ? do i do more colors ?

slink

I'm happy with one house, but you can include some more colors, too.   :)

I see no reason why there can't be as many houses as fit on the F-cycler.