News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Any thoughts on this ?

Started by RedKetchup, September 26, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Think I liked the original house the best, with same colours, but with the 'industrial' chimney removed. The grey chimney colour was fine, but I'm not so hot on all these fancy coloured roofs. Don't think it fits all that well into the Banished art style.

slink

You mean Early Primitive Depressed?   ;D

Pangaea

slink

I guess it depends on what you want to do with the houses.  Some people want more variety in the present set of buildings.  Others, such as I, want to create a different culture such as the shore of the Mediterranean.  There's no reason we can't all have what we want, eventually.   :)

Pangaea

Different themes would be great. Just now I was looking for 3d models, trying to find more house alternatives, and came across some classical Chinese houses. A Chinese theme would be great too.

However, when sticking to the default-ish game, I'd like the new buildings to fit into what is already there, and I don't think flashy coloured houses really fit. A bit more variety in the game would be nice, also colour-wise, but going 'extreme' isn't necessarily the best solution. This is the great thing with modding though. Given time, everybody's wishes will be satisfied.

slink

Here is a house which is closer to my mental image.  It is @RedKetchup's model with stucco walls and the Spanish red tile roof.  I think it looks pretty nice, myself.   :)

RedKetchup

not bad. i wish to see it .... less.... right out from an Ikea store :) so shinny , not even a little dirt :) ^^

joking :)

of course i cant do 200-300 diff of these but i can be willing to add more hehe :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

*grinning*  The housewife scrubs the outside walls every morning, and her husband scrubs the roof tiles on the weekends.  Oh wait, they both work non-stop.  Oh well.

Here's the stucco.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on September 28, 2014, 02:01:17 PM
Here is a house which is closer to my mental image.  It is @RedKetchup's model with stucco walls and the Spanish red tile roof.  I think it looks pretty nice, myself.   :)

Ooh, ooh. I want. I want.

(You have to imagine the above in a Three Stooges voice.)

assobanana76

Quote from: slink on September 28, 2014, 02:01:17 PM
great!!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Pangaea

That house does look great. More diversity is good, particularly lighter versions of the houses already in the game. The stone houses are so dark. The actual stones in the game aren't nearly that dark, so I don't understand why Luke chose to make them so dark.

20/20 hindsight though...

slink

There are at least three shades of rock used in the buildings (stone house has one, town hall etal have two more, and possibly the hostel may have a fourth), as well as three types of boards (rough on most buildings, smoothed on the tavern, and painted on the schoolhouse), and at least four types of roofs (the chapel and the tavern each have unique roofs).  That's why it doesn't seem to me to be so important to make every new building match the original ones, because the question that arises is "which original building?"

Bobbi

Did all the indecision about what everyone likes best stop the little houses in their tracks?

Bobbi