News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on August 21, 2018, 05:44:22 PM

I will allow only 1 of them on a map as the poly count is about 19K and it is a sort of wonder.

for a wonder that we put only 1 in a game it is always ok even if you go to 50k
in CC or MM if you put 2x3 Open sky (CC) quarry at 20k each side by side, you were ending up with 120,000 poly in a very small part of your map.
(mine have 10k)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Thanks Red,

Will look at it tonight.
I agree, as long as not trees, bushes with high poly it should be fine. :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Tom Sawyer

These ships look great @embx61. At the moment I can't see how to implement them except as a decoration. Some time ago I tried to replace the trader boat but failed. As far as I know the CC team also tried it and could not get it to work because of missing animation things. I will look at the model, maybe I get another idea. Thank you for thinking about the north mod!

rkelly17

@embx61, I mean the Statue of Liberty really has to attract nomads, doesn't she? Especially tired and poor nomads? Beyond that you could include some sort of happiness circle to simulate a tourist attraction.

embx61

As I am not a master at the UI, as Discrepancy is, I finally had the Immigration UI after lots of trial and error in a added tab in the Statue UI.

But then the workers who give out the tickets did not work anymore.
My hat of to Discrepancy that he figures all that UI stuff out. It drives me nuts.

It seems that integrating a Consume Produce building with Immigration does not work.
Looks like the well where combining the put out fire part of the well with a water worker what gathers water does not work together.

So I have to make a choice which it will be. Tickets like Red's theater, or immigration.

RedKetchup

yeah there are things that doesnt work well together

Tom Sawyer

@embx61, I would give the statue the immigration function plus a large passive radius for spirit, maybe even covering the whole map without showing the circle. That should work together and it would not totally replace alcohol chains and also not churches which still have the priest bonus. Happiness only if tickets are stored there, sounds a bit strange to me. And with a huge amount of required copper it could be a great end game goal, especially on Colonial Charter maps. Just what comes to my mind.. :)

embx61

@Tom Sawyer

Indeed a possibility too. I need indeed to add copper to my mod as the original is build with copper plates, Iron, and stone for the pedestal.

rkelly17

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 26, 2018, 12:19:22 AM
it could be a great end game goal, especially on Colonial Charter maps.

This gives me an idea. I remember when @RedKetchup first did his cathedral building it as a long-term project which was under construction for several game years. Having an "end game" project that takes a lot of materials and a long time to build could be a lot of fun. In addition to the Statue of Liberty you could do other big decorative projects in former colonies like the Peace Tower in Ottawa or Cristo Redentor in Rio. A player could select one to cap off a settlement.

embx61

Following the Chess Sinquefield Cup so things are a bit slower.
This is the statue and now need to make the build stages and AO.

I decided to take nomads and give a spirit happiness with a 80 radius.
Also need to get copper in the game as raw material and it should be ready for release.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on August 27, 2018, 05:26:19 PM

Also need to get copper in the game as raw material and it should be ready for release.

all copper files

embx61

Thanks Red.

I pulled them all ready from the Editor Choice Beta 12 Sources but all together is a bit easier as I had to look through a lot of stringtables/spritesheets to find all the links :)
I have to update a few mods so they contain the copper ore and copper as well.

Then the Iron Smelter I will rename to Foundry in the string table as it will also produces copper from the ore so iron smelter not really fit anymore.
Add custom5 as a limit in the UI as well.

taniu

@embx61  :D :DDThank you for the wonderful mods EBVillage Beach Set, Beach Large, Beach Decoration, Ice Cream Cert .- I'm in the process of testing all new mods - I'm based on the mods RKCH1.0 Li ght - I have a question related to the mod "EB Willage Beach Large -
1 . for this mod you can add - Smoking cart - to fry fish - just like "Smoking Shed - @ Tom Sawyer
2. fishfishing generally with help - on the pier - I have a fishery @ kid1293. Here we fish on the pier - cool thing - banish would be happy
3. Can you enlarge the market range - because I can put the beaches on a river or a lake - there is a small service range and the village is always away
4. add a beats - as a fishery or an decoration @ Necora
Dock Fishery CC - attached to the pier - does not work
I still have one question - there is no tool to eliminate the beach housing - you can only liquidate the market and the housing is empty. - Loss of space? I am sending a sample of my idea  - you may like my idea and add something to the beach set I would be very happy - you know what I mean to finish this beautiful beach by adding a few details  .Cheers!

embx61

1) I shall later look for a smoking fish cart. Need to be ghosted to put on the footprint but the outside sideways where the two market carts are the bannies cannot go so placing them there the bannies will not walk through them. If I make them buildable (Just like the Ice Cream Carts) they can be placed just upfront by the beach.
2) Cannot do, a building can only have one purpose.
3) I can in a update make the radius a bit bigger.
4) The boats in the picture are probably ghosted? I have to find some meshes of small boats but you should be able to use the boats from other modders.
The boats need to be buildable to allow fishing I think and this means the boats need a walkway to the coast or the bannies will not reach it.
Kids house boats are a example of this.

No, this is because the bannies cannot walk on the last tile of the end of the side ways.
That part is ghosted a bit as it extends a bit out of footprint.

You mean if you demolish the beach? If so this is by design as if I allow the destruction without a destroy mesh you end up with a big nasty hole what only can be fixed with a flatten tool.
I think some "wasted" space after demo a certain building is not that bad so once in a while.
It is IMHO part of the game to think where to put certain buildings :)
It is part of the game as the vanilla mine and quarry are designed like that by Luke.

brads3

EB do the bannies walk on the boardwalk pier section? i think TANIU ius looking for a way to extend that to a fishing pier.he could add to it but i don't think the bannies will walk past the railing.