News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zak4862

I just change the standalone versions I am using and I also put your new houses in the game. Everything works perfect here.  8)

embx61

Good to hear and thanks for letting me know :)

If there are any issues just tell me.
Beside some quick testing with Debug I hardly play the game so small errors like string table/sprites can slip through the cracks.
Sometimes I find them by accident but I have to rely on players who play a longer time to catch mistakes.

Damn, I really wish Luke fixed that Debug or tell us how maybe we can fix it ourselves so the custom flags can be added through Debug.
I had to build some houses to see if the build stages worked properly and had to build some chains to get the materials like Lumber, Brick, and Glass.  >:(  ::)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Just uploaded some standalone mods.

I also made at those houses with overhang roof of the Stone houses set that a road can go under there.
Save compatible.

zak4862

Help! Today I replaced "Village Workshop 17001" with updated version 17002. So i am producing lumber and everything is okay.
Then I am starting to produce glass. Everything is okay from the begining. Craftsman brings in 100 sand and 6 coal. But when he start to working on glass
game crash. I checked 3 times and it is always at the same moment - when he is starting to working on glass game crash.
Please when you will have time take a look. Thank you.  :(
       Regards zak 4862

P.S. Mods which I am using and they need glass: Your new stone houses, your church and RK NMT3.1 MultiFloors houses version 4

RedKetchup

did you set a .fbx for glass that has the pile0, pile1 and pile2 models, embx ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I have no crash and it made glass when I was testing for the stone houses.

All the pile meshes are there for Lumber, Glass, Clay, and Sand.

Zak, did version 17001 not crash?

zak4862

Hi embx61!
I dont know. With version 17001 I produced only lumber,then you uploaded version 17002 and I changed them. Unfortunately, I deleted the 17001 version
at once. I also tried to change the load order, but the result is always the same. When the craftsman started to work game crashes.
If by any chance you still have the first version, please upload it - I will try it also. Its really strange. In previous game I had no problems with your
glassworks mod and I was using the same mods like in this game. I will also try to disable all three mods which require glass and then enable them one by one.
If I dont find a solution I will start a new game with the old glassworks.  :(
          Regards zak 4862

P.S.  No problems with producing lumber and bricks.But with glass unfortunately nothing works.
        As I said, the craftsman take the sand and coal (you can see that) and then precisely when he starting to work game crashes.
        I will put in the game also old glassworks and see what will happen. If that works I will demolish workshop. If I fail, then I will start a new game.

zak4862

Hi again embx61!
First of all, I owe you an apology for all the problems that I inadvertently caused. Among all the mods I use is also Kralyergs "Slightly Ridiculous Storage" for
double storage capacity. After four hours of combining, I finally found out if I give all the mods that need glass above "Kralyergs Storage mod" everything works
normally with no crashes.
   So again - I am very sorry for all unnecessary problems that I inadvertently caused. I'm very embarrassed and I'm really sorry - my mistake.
          Regards   zak 4862  :-[ :-X :)

P.S. Do you have any idea why this happens only with glass and not with lumber and bricks?.

embx61

I have no idea why it happens if one of the mods which using glass is blow the storage mod from kralyerg.
Because the crash happens right after the coal and sand are delivered I am not sure if the storage Mod is to blame.

I see if I can find that storage mod and do a test.

zak4862

Quote from: embx61 on October 30, 2018, 08:52:09 AM
I have no idea why it happens if one of the mods which using glass is blow the storage mod from kralyerg.
Because the crash happens right after the coal and sand are delivered I am not sure if the storage Mod is to blame.

I see if I can find that storage mod and do a test.

I Put all the mods which are in need for glass above the storage mod, but I left the workshop below. For now everything works good.

brads3

EB,lately i think we need a list of how items are coded. then that list be used by all modders. the issues lately seem to be where 2 people code an item 2 different ways. like lumber is lumber and used to build houses. but if it is coded by 1 modder and then another modder codes the same item somewhat differently the game gets confused. honey is food but KID coded it 1 way in most mods and did something different to another.not all his mods produce the same honey.i found ways to adjust mod order to solve that 1.

most of the issues other players seem to be finding lately sounds like it is subtle differences from 1 mod to another.it won't solve all issues but more uniformity in how items are coded might prevent some.these mods take so much to code that it is easy to see how you would change a few words or linesmaybe something that you all can copy and paste into new mods would help.

since that sounds like i am being critical which i am not intending,i will say i am impressed that we don't have more issues. am very astonished that old modded markerts and storage barns function so well and store so many items even with the 1.07 upgrade. 

embx61

The Glass I used is from the Glassworks mod. Not sure but think Red using my meshes. It is just a wooden box and get stored on stockpiles. Custom5 (Construction)
The Brick and Lumber I got from Red's sources so are identical and also Custom5.

Kid I think has no glass and brick and I think used the same Lumber as Red for the saw mill so is compatible with Red and my Mods.

Some modders not share their stuff in the Laboratory, that is perfectly okay because they not have too, but it makes comparing the code to look for conflicts quite difficult.
CC Has Glass but I do not know what mesh/code they use. I think it is a sort of greenish stuff on the stockpiles.
If Necora has Glass I do not know.
Discrepancy have also Glass I think but not sure what sources he use.
Tom I think have no Glass in the North.

But beside that, the meshes(?) and code differences really should not make the game crash.
Depending on load order the game change maybe graphics/sprites and the values but should not crash.

Game will crash if the glass for example is coded by one modder to be stored in a barn while by another modder on a stock pile.
Because most likely the modder which has a flag so it can be stored in a barn not have the stockpile code so it will crash.

I had that with the salt way over a year back.

I think the Glass is not a storage issue as the game crashes according to Zak after the Sand and Coal is delivered to the Workshop.
It seem like the moment the glass is (being) made there is something happening what crashed the game.
I am sure it not the mod in itself as I made glass while about all my other where active too.

I think it is a issue between mods which have glass as resource, but which one?
If I know all the mods Zak uses what uses glass I can test by elimination.

Either a clash between the meshes of different Glass by modders. I am pretty sure it is not the sprite/stringtable and values set in the RawMaterialGlass Template Files.

No, your not sound critical and indeed some stuff is different between modders and can cause issues.
But it is not directly the modders fault. We passed the period about everything had to be compatible with CC so modders take their own course.

If players choose to be masochistic and still load about every mod there is together it WILL give conflicts.
Many maybe just annoying stuff so players cannot use every building but sometimes a crash too can happen.

I am in awe you try to get many mods loaded at the same time so not see it as being critical at you.
I would not even try it :)

RedKetchup

QuoteIt seem like the moment the glass is (being) made there is something happening what crashed the game.

not having the pile0, pile1, pile2 graphic and need it will crash the game asap the resource has been created, not when it is delivered at stockpile. i know, i ve got the same problem with my dock seafood: pearls. i ve put a temporary mesh when created, i gave the herb basket (same for the crab, oysters, shrimps....) and as soon the pearl was created, it crashed.

maybe the .fbx has it, but does the .rsc has it ?

ModelDescription model
{
MeshGroup _meshes
[
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Resources\EBGlassMesh.rsc" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh
  [
"Models\Resources\EBGlassPile0Mesh.rsc",
"Models\Resources\EBGlassPile1Mesh.rsc",
"Models\Resources\EBGlassPile2Mesh.rsc"
  ]
}
]

int _displayIndex = 0;
int _subIndex = 0;
bool _randomIndex = false;
}

my mesh is from EB mods. but the other mods? the other people RawMaterialGlass.rsc ? maybe they miss the 2nd group of meshes.
EDIT: And if happends my texture is different than EB use, it has no impact in mods, yes looks different, but cannot cause a crash.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I have the pile meshes and the code for it in the Template File too :)

I double checked but I was pretty sure it was there or my game would have been crashed too and it did not.
It just makes and stores the glass.
I learned my lesson after that Salt thing way over a year ago.

Yes, that is my thinking too Red, that is why I told about the Barn and so some glass resources maybe not have the pile meshes or the code part for it.

You use my mesh but with a different glass texture? I maybe going for that too.
I always found the box odd but at the time I could not come up with something else for glass and did not wanted to bother CC crew yet again to ask for meshes as they were busy with the CC update so opted for the box the glass is in to protect it but is a way over the top :)

brads3

to put so many mods together takes a lot of give and take as well as trial and error.there is no way to use all in 1. not any modder's failt. many times it is a subtle change in a line of coding that can decide if a mod will work.

what is weird since the 1.07 upgrade is the 3way mod conflicts. you use A,B,and mod C you crash or cause issues. test with A and B,A and C,etc  and no conflict or crash. hard to find.never seen those before.

i am surprised the pile meshes would cause a crash or building not to function. i would think the game would take the top most mod's mesh and use that. i do know the game will use 2 of the same items to the inventory.i always figure it is something worded different to the coding.like double eggs or 2 flax listed in inventory.