News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hungry food seeker won't take food from barn

Started by jeffmikl, February 11, 2016, 09:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffmikl

I noticed a sad situation today that seems wrong. After an influx of 125 Nomads, I began making new homes. I have accommodated about 100 but a few are starting to go hungry. I watched one of them walk to a barn with 400 beans, 200 onions, and 500 pears, stop at the door, then walk away without food and still hungry.  I have not noticed this ever before. Nomad or not, they should be taking available food.

Jeff

RedKetchup

because the food was already 'tag' or 'reserved' by some of the citizens. when a citizen which has an house and turn and go make grocery, the food is already 'given' to 'him' before the animation effect of him walking and returning house occurs. it is for preventing to have him arrived and his food has gone before he made it to it

i dont know what was all your quantities but with 400+200+500 = 1100 is just enough for 11 citizens.  probably 2 familly of 4 and 1 of 3 .... or any of those multiple.
each citizens needs 100 food per year.
when you accept 125 nomads, you need to have a good 12,500 in overstock (not in stock, but over)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

jeffmikl

I see your point and it does make sense, however, since this just happened I went back to rerun the game from my last save.  After the person came for food and went away hungry, only two others came to take food, leaving over half of the original amount of food. Even after 10 minutes at speed #2 there was still 300 beans. Anyway, I think that you are likely correct and that was the reason he died. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Jeff

salamander

Just a thought ... is it possible your bannie that walked away from the barn without food chose that moment to go idle?  Or, maybe he's just forgetful  :).