News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Ruins Village Starting Condition

Started by Cajun Beauty, March 06, 2023, 07:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cajun Beauty

I have been looking for and wanting a starting condition that starts your Bannies out in an abandoned Ruins village/town and they have to rebuild the ruins in order to reclaim the village. Also would be great to add some lore as to how the village went into ruins and became abandoned. I am suggesting supernatural phenomenon took over the village and homes became haunted and drove the villagers out of their homes and towns. It would be superb to find remnants of said activities all over the map too. Matching homes and buildings would be nice too so we could expand this story out over the whole map if we wanted. I would be over the moon if I can add this kind of play to my Banished game!! I haven't found this starting condition anywhere.

kid1293

Abandoned

Kid's Ghost Town is a good one.  Also You can make your own using Kid Abandoned Places: it has ruined and restored houses.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=378

I have started several maps and stories in the blogs using those mods, for example see Rocky Mountain Mines story 88:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=4250.0

Cajun Beauty

Quote from: kid1293 on March 06, 2023, 09:04:35 PM
Hello @Cajun Beauty

All I can think of is this one.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=460

It has a start scenario. Maybe not the one you want.
I am thinking more on the lines of buildings that are more worn down, basically just the shells of the buildings. I keep seeing some loading screens in Banished that from what I have been told is more like burned down buildings instead of ruins, but would love some ruins versions of something like that. Not sure if anyone have seen the loading screens I am talking referencing. I tried attaching a screenshot of the loading screen, but I got an error. I managed to figure out how to get that image in my original post.

Abandoned

Here in this picture is one of the ruins in Kid Abandoned Places - resources can be scavenged from it or it can be removed and replaced with a house.  There are other ruins in the mod to choose from.

Cajun Beauty

Quote from: Abandoned on March 07, 2023, 03:36:53 PM
Here in this picture is one of the ruins in Kid Abandoned Places - resources can be scavenged from it or it can be removed and replaced with a house.  There are other ruins in the mod to choose from.

I am really trying to get the very specific look of the builds in the screenshot I added to the original post. And as far as I know so far a mod for that doesn't exist yet. I would like for it to be an actual starting condition I can add to my game and hopefully be friendly with MM9 since I play with that mod alot. But compatibility isn't necessary though. I just want to do a playthrough and a story with this specific looking starting condition.

Jinxiewinxie

Can you place down a few houses and start a fire before you begin playing?

Cajun Beauty

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on March 10, 2023, 07:11:00 AM
Can you place down a few houses and start a fire before you begin playing?

How do I start a fire? And then for me it would feel like I am cheating my way through a challenge.

Abandoned

@Cajun Beauty   The picture you have shown from the game opening scenes is a picture of vanilla building in various build stages.  You can make this yourself just the way you want it to be with whatever buildings you want. see here:

The building on the right are all vanilla, the column on left are Kid Abandoned Places free to build ruins. This took 3 seasons to do.

Here is how:  Save Often

1) choose mods and the start condition you want to use - in test I used Kid Family Start with 8 families.

2) make at least half the laborers builders

3) use Kid Abandoned Places - place 8 ruined livable free-to build houses off to the side

4) clear land and gather wild foods

5) Now start placing footprint of buildings you want - a few at a time- keep windows for building open (there is pin) - build each to the point you want it to look like - there are 2 or 3 building stages before complete.  At that point pause the construction of that building and move on to another until you have starting map as you want it to look. 

6)  Now - remove those first 8 houses to get homeless starting families.  Paused constructions can just be unpaused to finish the buildings and continue building the town.  Kid AP ruins if used can be scavenged for materials or removed from map.

I will be using this start in some future map and story.

Abandoned

Was this information helpful?    A Thank-you or a Thanks anyways for you time and information would be polite.

Cajun Beauty

Quote from: Abandoned on March 11, 2023, 08:46:45 PM
Was this information helpful?    A Thank-you or a Thanks anyways for you time and information would be polite.

It was sort of helpful. I just wish I knew how to make my own starting condition so I can get exactly what I need for my next story. Thanks everyone for the suggestions though. Sorry for the late reply.