Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

A corner tavern and a corner hospital would be great. Instead of just one storey they could both be 2 or 3 storeys high.

RedKetchup

tavern yeah, hospital not sure. having hospital in a corner of 2 major roads.... would be devastating ^^

Tilleen

All the hospitals I have seen take several blocks. Admittedly they are modern. :-)

RedKetchup

btw, i m back to optimize my models ^^ this is why i am quiet  :P

i need to have them all completly 100% finished for implementing next big feature :)

Bobbi

Quotetavern yeah, hospital not sure. having hospital in a corner of 2 major roads.... would be devastating ^^

I tend to agree on the hospital, although with Bobbi's Special Doctor House modification maybe not too bad. I still tend to build hospital a little bit out of the way, though. Not at a major intersection. LOVE the idea of a corner tavern, however.
Question on the hostel corner buildings: are they built to a slightly different scale than the houses, or is that just my imagination?

RedKetchup

yes , the houses are 5 per 6 tile depth , so since it connect another road with houses 5 per 6 tile depth, it need to be 6 per 6 to match both sides

elemental

Who's to say the hospital would have to go on a major intersection?

I suggested it because it's a fairly big building and it could easily fill up a corner by itself, and also I think it would be great to see more corner buildings. There just aren't enough of them in the game.

Whether it's a corner building or a free-standing building I'd love to see a nicer looking hospital. I don't really like the vanilla one that much.

Bobbi

Quoteyes , the houses are 5 per 6 tile depth , so since it connect another road with houses 5 per 6 tile depth, it need to be 6 per 6 to match both sides
I actually meant the height of the building.

QuoteWhether it's a corner building or a free-standing building I'd love to see a nicer looking hospital. I don't really like the vanilla one that much.
Agree

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on October 13, 2015, 03:58:49 PM
Quoteyes , the houses are 5 per 6 tile depth , so since it connect another road with houses 5 per 6 tile depth, it need to be 6 per 6 to match both sides
I actually meant the height of the building.

QuoteWhether it's a corner building or a free-standing building I'd love to see a nicer looking hospital. I don't really like the vanilla one that much.
Agree

oh it is possible. when ill be there to optimize... i will take account of your feedbacck:)

about hospital... i see.

DesoPL

Yeah new model for hospital could be good. And an corner house, but not like hostel which is working the same like is working. As an normal house i mean.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

tonight i still worked on those 3 story house optimizations ^^

a new problem i ve got, i didnt expected hehe : doing some 3d windows for 2nd floor => the roof of 1st floor were passing through the new windows ^^ (since the windows are more in the back inside the house  :-X , but i fixed the problem by pulling the windows more toward outside)
they dont have much 3D effect to compare 1st floors , but still good.

Turis

Will you add your own version of a single family townhouse with two or three floors like CC has?

Quite frankly, I'm from Santiago de compostela, Spain, and would like to see some buildings from my town in Banished, at least, residences with low red-tiled roofs and white walls. Most of the shops and bars in my town are not bigger than a modern living room with their stuff completely covering the walls from the ceiings to the floor.

Another thing, have you thought of using an internal passageway to connect all stories of your multilevel buildings together?

RedKetchup

i didnt plan to add houses without the Overlap Technology ™  i think adding a 2-3 story house for only 1 family is useless and a lost of space.
i always wished to make some house with an internal passage for road under but i never could do it yet