News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@rkelly17 Yes, that has happened to me over and over. Get patient 0 to the hospital without anyone else being infected, and then the idlers become ill. >:(

Placement of hospitals has become something that I feel like I must put way too much thought into.

Nilla

I have started to put hospitals behind pastures, seems to keep the idlers from going there and still the sick ones can go through the pasture. Since I do this, I havn´t have one serious outbreak of any decease. (maybe a coincidence but maybe not).
Although......
it is a wonder that the sick people are healed at that noise from chicken and sheep!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

RedKetchup

heheeh ah children !!

if it happends to finally use the bobbi doctor house.... remember you ll need to remove your old hospital and rebuild it ^^

Nilla

Not much idling at hospitals behind pastures (unless you are a cow (the lady with the violet skirt is the doctor getting outside for a short smoke or something)

The pasture-model is not absolutely fool-proof, I saw a child idling outside, and than going into the hospital as people were sick! Probably visiting mum in the hospital ;)

irrelevant

Late Spring 66 - pop 3667

Houses finally caught up with families. Really painful building anything now. Builders have horrible long commutes. Trying to decide whether to go through the frustration of attempting to develop this last bit of wilderness.

Had to turn down my video settings to low, otherwise the lag was unbearable.

Somehow going to have to build another 100-200 houses to get to 5000 though.

Gonna be wooden houses from here on out. Got plenty of stone, but it takes considerably less labor for wooden. No lack of firewood anyway.

irrelevant

Autumn 67 - pop 3822

776,000 food! never had that much, ever. Buying every apple and pecan that comes my way, I'm sure I'll need them.

When my most recent batch of farms (45 of them, pretty much all at once) came online, I was very concerned because many of the farmers were coming in from far away, despite the fact that I had started them working and assigned the farmers in early winter the previous year. That first harvest was pretty bad, such that if it had continued that way I'd be lucky to reach 4000, let alone 5000. But the next year the farmers sorted themselves out, and this year they all pretty much are living quite near their fields.

The builders, now, are another matter. When you assign a builder it seems pretty clear that you get whatever laborer is next in the queue, regardless of where he is at the time, or of where he lives. And builders, it seems, never get reassigned unless you stop the projects and fire all the builders; then start them all back up again, and get another random crew that may or may not be any better. I have tried many different ways to try to work around this, all to no avail.

Which is why I'm very excited about my new undertaking, to build a market, a few farms, and some houses and barns on this final frontier plot here. /s  ::) No producers this time (well, a chopper, I suppose), just a market, storage, farms, and homes. Pretty sure I'm going to need whatever farm production I can get here, at least a dozen farms closer to the river will need to be urbanized.

Screen 2 - But the next year the farmers sorted themselves out, and this year they all pretty much are living quite near their fields. Hm, well, when the frost hits it's easy enough to see where this is not the case. There are maybe a dozen fields like this (in other words, 3% 4%); it's odd, these are well-established fields, 10-20 years old. Beats me. If I figure anything out, I'll update.

irrelevant

Screen 1 thru 3 - Now, laborers? I got no problem with laborers. :D

Screen 4 - Late Winter - Pause everything, to make sure any farmers have a chance to go home and stock their pantries before planting.

Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of 120s I've got here. Eleven 120s, and some oddballs. By the time I build a market and a couple rows of houses'n'barns I'll have 8-10 120-tile farms here.

Screen 5 - First two traders of the new year, boatloads like this make me happy.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Indeed I do.  ;D I'll make it, maybe even while it's still September, but probably not while it's still summer.

I really can't comprehend how you did that so quickly. You are a machine. I hate to think how many hours I have in this town.

Pangaea

Holy smokes. My eyes are bleeding after seeing how many blacksmiths, tailors and brewers you have  :o

Interesting about the farmers though. Weird that they glitch out like that. On builders, I've noticed that on these newer builds, they tend to move house very quickly when there are jobs to do, or rather I guess, whoever is closest are changed to builders, probably to reduce the chance of the walking death that occurred before. This then means that farmers can get moved farther away from the fields, I've seen this happen a few times in my save, but that can't be the case with that guy I would think.

With such sizes though... perhaps there is a limit in the game to how many re-shuffles it can do simultaneously, to reduce lag? If farmers happen to be far down on that list, that may be one explanation.

irrelevant

Quote from: Pangaea on September 18, 2014, 07:58:11 PM
Holy smokes. My eyes are bleeding after seeing how many blacksmiths, tailors and brewers you have  :o

Basically a tailor and a blacksmith on every market, plus a few extras near markets/stockpiles close to the traders. Brewers you can put two on most markets, and 4-6 on the ones close to the TPs (assuming you are buying fruit). You do need to invest heavily in vendors if you do this (and therefore, in housing near the markets).

Quote from: Pangaea on September 18, 2014, 07:58:11 PM
Interesting about the farmers though. Weird that they glitch out like that.
I think that the farmers just are not re-assigned as frequently as the other professions are. This causes some problems when you have many farms and are creating many more.

Quote from: Pangaea on September 18, 2014, 07:58:11 PMOn builders, I've noticed that on these newer builds, they tend to move house very quickly when there are jobs to do, or rather I guess, whoever is closest are changed to builders, probably to reduce the chance of the walking death that occurred before. This then means that farmers can get moved farther away from the fields, I've seen this happen a few times in my save, but that can't be the case with that guy I would think.

With such sizes though... perhaps there is a limit in the game to how many re-shuffles it can do simultaneously, to reduce lag? If farmers happen to be far down on that list, that may be one explanation.

Builders are a mystery to me. They do very well, up to a point; after that point (whatever it may be) they are wretched. I think it is a combination of the size of the map, how much pop there is, how many laborers, how many projects, how near the projects are to the edge of the map. As these factors become less favorable, construction times increase dramatically, as most of the builders' time is spent commuting.

Pangaea

Fair point on the builders, it could well be that this village is simply too big with too many people for the game to handle very well.

On markets, though, do you have loads of them, with overlapping circles?

It's good to see these numbers, as we small-time builders can see where the benchmark is :D

irrelevant

Markets are like the circulatory system that keeps the lifeblood flowing to the muscles and organs. Just don't skimp on vendors. Most of these near the river have 18-24. The ones further out have fewer, 9-12, a few with six.

Trading posts are similar, if you rely on importing say, logs, fruit, nuts, iron, and wool, as I am here. Most of my TPs are maxxed out at 20 traders each.