News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Markets and Warehouses

Started by Oenanthe, July 31, 2015, 04:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilleen

Last night I decided to see what would happen to some grain that was delivered to one of the trading posts. I purchased 2000 units and watched where the traders distributed it to.

The first 500 went to a small barn not far away.
The second 500 went to a grain market about the same distance away.
The third 500 went to the same grain market.
The forth 500 went to a grain market on the other side of the river about 3 times as far away.

The first 500 vanished before the third was delivered and I don't know where it went after the barn. I am assuming another vendor picked it up.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

also depends on the whereabouts of the vendor.
If the vendor of the market furthest away was already nearby the small barn, it will grab it to fulfill the needs of his/her market/shop.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

A Nonny Moose

The randomizers in this game are pretty good, and fast too.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Tilleen

This morning for some reason a vendor dumped some coal into a stock pile that was, the furthest away from where the coal was being mined. There are plenty of empty ones between it and the coal mine and between the vendors home and this stock pile.

I forgot to look which market place the vendor came from.

It is bizarre.

chillzz

Quote from: Tilleen on September 23, 2015, 03:29:20 PM
This morning for some reason a vendor dumped some coal into a stock pile that was, the furthest away from where the coal was being mined. There are plenty of empty ones between it and the coal mine and between the vendors home and this stock pile.

I forgot to look which market place the vendor came from.

It is bizarre.
was it really a vendor? a vendor will actually grab from stockpile and dumb into market.
if it was a labourer it could have picked up the coal, then got another job assigned (clearing, cutting whatever) and will drop the coal of at the nearest pile next to the job assignment

Tilleen

Definitely a vendor, although to be fair the citizen may have changed jobs directly afterwards, had a cart and all.

I have seem many other citizens act as general laborers for some reason. I suppose they get bored. :-)

chillzz

Quote from: Tilleen on September 23, 2015, 04:38:13 PM
Definitely a vendor, although to be fair the citizen may have changed jobs directly afterwards, had a cart and all.
strange, because a vendor will always drop in market.

Quote from: Tilleen on September 23, 2015, 04:38:13 PM
I have seem many other citizens act as general laborers for some reason. I suppose they get bored. :-)
yes this is absolutely possible. farmer will do general labour when finished with farming.
i think all citizens with a dedicated task, will be a general labourer too, when certain targets (max firewood / max tools etc) are reached.
And then there is the random job and housing switch if something closer comes available.