News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tiny thoughts

Started by kid1293, August 22, 2016, 10:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

@Gatherer; you might be right and who knows what, really happened out there in the wild forests?

I couldn't leave it; i had to test a lot of different food. Has it an effect on the happiness?

I can say. Yes, it has, small but significant!....... or maybe not? It depends........This is interesting.

Longexp11

It took some time. I rebuilt some things; made a large tradingport, to be able to buy more food, I ordered all kind of food costing 1 or 2 from every merchant and I built a small market. I stored all food in the trading port until I had 10-12 imported foods, together with my own; more than12 different. After I put them all on the market, a very small improvement of happiness could be seen.

Look at the event log! Not rather nice if you want to study small improvements.

Longexp12

One mother dies. All her children were very unhappy, the husband not! I have seen this before.  Luckily, I made a safe, before I released all the food from the trading port.

Longexp13

Once again the same result. Same small improvement. This time I looked a bit more careful on the menus. It's Normanni, my coatless young man (not that young anymore) . His happines has increased from, 2 to 3 stars. This is the change we can see. I think it's all there is. Those who are already happy, doesn't care.  After I've waited some time, to see if it was just a one time improvement (it was) or if it would continue to improve (unfortunately not), I started my brewery.

My gatherers pick a lot of berries so I made cider. Nothing happend, absolutely nothing at all. Honestly i wasn't very surprised. I've seen it before. Breweries have no effect on happiness.

Longexp14

Now I wanted to test, if the improvement stays, after they only get a few things to eat again. So, I closed my gatherers and sent everyone to fish salmon. I had some irritating wheat in my stores, that I wanted to get rid of. Yes! I have a brewery, even if it doesn't matter, let's make some more alcohol, than it's faster gone.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Again there was this small but significant improvement of happines. Again it was Normanni. He seems to fancy weissbier much more than cider from berries. (I use the White Swan from @kid1293, I guess, there is some coded label that doesn't recognize cider as happymaking alcohol.)  Unfortunately I had no more wheat to make more alcohol, so I don't know if this was a one time improvement or if he will recover more.

So I must reverse what I´ve always said about the breweries; that they have no effect on happiness. On normal, happy people I will say, they have not and I have never seen a person unhappy because familymembers have died who gets happier from alcohol, but in this case; if you are unhappy because you never had a coat (!); alcohol helps, many kind of food helps, too, what else? But how often do we have people unhappy of this reson?

I will try more tomorrow.

Denis de la Rive

I looked at my current town, and found a few unhappy people, 3 stars, (town display at 5), all single survivors aged over 60.

Subject Bobbin, male 72, laborer, lives alone, clothing and steel tool. Had 3 types of food in home at start. Followed him until he died age 78, he collected food twice, (got 7 or more types), ate 4 times at least, visited the herbalist once, increased health from 4,5 to 5. He did not use any luxuries, (I have more that 4 types, and he lives near a tavern). His happiness dropped over time to two, one, and finally ,5 stars, with a growing amount of idling. Food did not change this at all, the only factor I noticed is that my graveyards are full, so this seems to be the major factor, I will run him again, after plopping a graveyard and see.  ???

Nilla

Yes, you are right; deaths/graveyards is the only thing, that influences happiness in a normal game.

kid1293

Here's another tiny thought.
I liked the idea of being able to grow herbs, but I did not like
the BlackLiquid's model of herbs.
I used the vanilla herbs, they are not super on a farmfield,
but they fit the game rather well.

@Discrepancy - I don't care if people get happy or not from
your mulled mead. :) Here's a way to keep a good production
of it. And it is a small start to some monastic order.  ???

staustelladam

Thanks kid1293 - I do like your small buildings and production sites, thanks for all your efforts.

A.

kid1293

Another small, funny thing - Cactus!
Check in download - Garden Shed, for source.

Tom Sawyer

kid1293

Hi Tom!
Yes, I don't know why I'm stuck in that area and time.
I have plans for some more buildings. Mexican style actually.
The risk I take when thinking.  ;D

Good to see you!
And Hi! to Nilla too. Hope you are safe and well.

Edit after sleeping: Maybe not Mexican, more ... alien.  ??? :o ;D

Gatherer

Tiberium Blossom Trees...
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Spaced out.
What exactly is Tiberium?

I can think of many uses of cactus, not all legal  8)
but Command and Conquer?
(that's what I got when I Googled)

brads3

kid did u bump your head?? he was referring to the game COMMAND CONQUER.

kid1293

OK @brads3 , my head is rather lumpy after living thru these times.

I put up a cactus - Gatherer answered with something from Command and Conquer.

I don't see the connection.  ???

...maybe too lumpy.  ::)

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on October 06, 2016, 02:42:38 PM
Edit after sleeping: Maybe not Mexican, more ... alien??? :o ;D

Quote from: kid1293 on October 08, 2016, 12:10:11 AM
I put up a cactus - Gatherer answered with something from Command and Conquer.

I don't see the connection.  ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberium

Tiberium blossom trees are trees infested with Tiberium that spawn Tiberium spores. When I saw that cactus and your thought of making something alien I immediately got that reference.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Well, my fault, I thought it was edible.  :o ???  ;D

Just joking. That alien reference slipped my mind but I understand.

kid1293

What do you get if you mix Mexican playfulness, some Rowhouses,
RedKetchup's overlapping technology and maybe a few cactus?

Answer is coming!