News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #5: Trading Empire

Started by solarscreen, July 14, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariesalias

I think I am going to forgo this challenge and try to focus on the Storybook one, instead. I don't think I can do both creditably right now. I will be watching and reading all the entries though! It'll be nice to be able to read along as the challenge progresses for a change! :D

Zephormite

Hoping to fill my trade ports this week, probably put a run through on at 10x to try and get as much ale made as possible and fill the ports to the maximum.
Not sure it will be that competitive though.

Looking forward to starting the Storybook one, just looking for a map that can fit my starting plot.

rkelly17

irrelevant

@solarscreen "The deadline is midnight UTC August 1st."

Does that mean the end of the day Friday or the end of the day Saturday?

Bobbi

Hello all,

I present my trading village, Prosper. I will be away for the weekend, leaving tomorrow for a four day mini vacation. Prosper has 60 trading posts, with room for a few more that will not get finished. Wool coats, firewood, and mutton are the primary exports. Good luck with the challenge! I will be back to see the results Monday night.

solarscreen

Quote from: irrelevant on July 31, 2014, 07:50:58 PM
@solarscreen "The deadline is midnight UTC August 1st."

Does that mean the end of the day Friday or the end of the day Saturday?

Today!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

irrelevant

Doh! I thought tomorrow was the first. :-[

@Bobbi , that is spectacular. I hope when you get back you'll tell us in general how you managed that!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Well, I made a bad decision back at the beginning of this challenge; I thought I would be ahead by using my vegetarian challenge town as my trading challenge town. As it turns out the needs of a big farming town are in conflict with the needs of a trading town like @Bobbi has shown us. In order to maximize my goods for trade, I shall have to take Rickettsville down a two-year dead end. After that I'll be reverting to a save from yesterday in order to keep the town moving forward towards pop 3000 (and 410 nomads!)  ;D

Even then, I have no chance of equaling what Bobbi has done with 20% the population. But I'll carry this through, posting results in a couple of hours.

rkelly17

Here is the save file for Antre as of 7:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time. I hope that gets me under the wire. Pictures, etc. are in the village blog section: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=281.0

irrelevant

I doubt whether anyone is interested in seeing any more pics of Rickettstown  ;) so I'll just post the TP inventory and the save file.

slink

Here is @rkelly17's TP inventory screenshot.  @RedKetchup and @Zephormite seem to have dropped out of the contest?  I tabulated the results for the three entries that I found, and the results are listed below.  My conclusion is that @rkelly17 wins the Ale Master, and @Bobbi takes the World Grocer prize.  Wealthy Industrialist is in question, in my mind.

The rules as I understand them:
1. World Grocer - Fruit, meat, vegetables, grain. 500 farmer contestants, build those depots!
2. Wealthy Industrialist - wood, stone, coal, tools, clothes
3. Ale Master - How many taverns and barrels can you build?

Value of each item is counted in this contest. If you can stockpile more warm coats or ale or other high value items, the better.

Now, which wood is "wood"?  Are iron, leather, and wool really disallowed?  Depending on what @solarscreen really meant, either @irrelevant or @Bobbi is the winner of Wealthy Industrialist.

Bobbi
Ale: 0

Mutton 285672x3
Corn 16000
Peach 15000
Cabbage 12200
Mushroom 1740

Total Weighted Food: 901956

Firewood 130500x4=522000 (allowable?)
Wool coat 67995x15=1019925
Log 5715x2=11430 (which wood is "wood"?)
Hide coat 200x15=3000
Stone 100x7=700
Wool 100x5=500 (allowable?)

Total with logs but no firewood: 1035055
Total with firewood instead of logs: 1545625
Total of all inedible: 1557555
==
irrelevant

Ale:36133

Bean 10074
Corn 7830
Mutton 2537x3
Venison 388x3

Total Weighted Food: 26679

Firewood 45685x4=182740 (allowable?)
Wool coat 43624x15=654360
Iron tool 26261x8=210088
Steel tool 9758x10=97580
Warm coat 6637x20=132740
Leather 126x10=1260 (allowable?)

Weighted Total Non-disputable: 1094768
Weighted Total All Inedible: 1278768
==
rkelly17
Total Ale: 36656

log 222
iron 59
stone 36

RedKetchup

the way i understood what solarscreen meant is : there is only one winner. another ting that makes me think also about that is : it s not a 'multi challenge' only a 'simple' challenge

QuoteForum Challenge #5: Trading Empire

what ever if you are the kind of player to be an ale master, or a master trader, or a world grocery master.... the goal is to get the highest value total stored in all your trading posts.

and also i understood also everything inside, even firewood, counts.

edit: yeah, ketchup is out. i didnt liked it so i gave up. i should have do my things as usual, stock all that in barns/stockpile, and there at the end, build all my TPs and ask them to empty all barns/stockpile of reserved ressources i would have made. but was too late.

edit2 : this is an example of a 'multi' challenge : Forum Multi-Challenge #2: Vegetarian Village <=== there is the word 'multi' in the title.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

To keep it simple:

World Grocer: All food items
Wealthy Industrialist: All non-food items
Ale Master: Barrels of ale  and most taverns - I may pick two winners here

Announcements to follow this weekend!  Enjoy a break and then come back to the Storybook challenge.

I will be reposting previous challenges as "newb" challenges for those who joined recently and give them a shot at trying the early challenges.

Mid-month a new challenge will be posted for everyone!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

Since you only have three contestants and Bobbi is the clear winner of everything but the ale, and has no ale, that awards a shared win to irrelevant and rkelly17 for the ale because they are the other two contestants and their ale count is similar.

*giggles softly*

Hey, you know that stuff called FiberFix that is sold for fixing pipes?  It's apparently not waterproof.  The pipe joining device called SharkBite works though, after you cut away the piece of pipe with the hole in it.  Ask me how I know, and have a beer.  I am drinking Stella Artois today.