News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

The Old Bakery

Started by embx61, September 08, 2015, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

What site did you get the mod from?

I've looked around and noticed that the nicer mods on TurboSquid can be expensive, but there is still a selection of cheaper mods that may be appealing to you.

Blender Swap has a good selection of free mods -- some of the creators simply would like their name mentioned if the mod is used by others.

Sketchup 3d warehouse is another good site for free mods -- a person would have to be very had to please if you couldn't find something suitable there.

RedKetchup

where you buy them ? which site ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 11, 2015, 08:05:06 PM
where you buy them ? which site ?

www.renderosity.com

Go to marketplace and type for example Medieval in the search box.
You can also search on vendor, the vendor of the meshes I bought from there is Dante78.
He has about 25 meshes on sale.

Some meshes are very high poly because they are modeled with lots of detail and for way more close ups then Banished allows (Without hacks), so need some work to get the poly's down.
That is why I rebuild the Farm Stand 75% from scratch as 1 pole for the structure was like 122 poly's  :o

I like to add that the meshes are meant with Poser in mind but all come with obj files. All is UVW mapped and textured.
So technically only need rescaling and add the points and building stages but the pkm gonna be huge without some good rework.
But with all that rework I pick up some good experience on the way  :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Gordon Dry

Thank you for using eggs in the apple pie!

I suggest every bakery should use eggs in cakes and pies.  ;D

How to get rid off them?
TP? The value is not high enough and the trader is always busy on carrying eggs and a few eggs again and then some eggs...

I have just enough feathers for my down coat tailor and the bedding maker but I got 5000 eggs in stock now...

RedKetchup

bah personally i would like to buy some just for ... the textures. i ve put lately on some 1024x1024 very nice texture which i can cut parts and resize to 128 or even 64 . since they came high resolution, the sample are extremly precise and look real. sometime you can find them free but they are resized very ugly and pixelized

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 11, 2015, 09:28:03 AMi will maybe put a link to paypal for donation

Yeah, that is the least you need to do... and paypal is very easy to use once it is set up.

Write a little what the money is used for (new models, server costs, etc.) and you may be surprised.

Asking for small (voluntary!) donations is nothing evil or undesirable - it's in the best interest of a passionate community that you are able to get some additional ingredients, and to support that with a little pocket money here and there... 2, 3, 5 bucks, whatever - small change also makes a heap sooner or later.

Another way I have seen this done -
* show a picture of a model (or poll a choice)
* quote the price(s)
* tell them that work will begin when a model was voted for and enough donations have trickled in.

Just keep things transparent and people will not have any problem with it...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

haha yay ! I just received my first paypal donation !
;D

but so sorry @embx61  to have ninja your awesome thread  :-X

embx61

Grats on your first donation Red  :D

No worry about 'ninja' the thread, useful information is shared and that is what this forum is all about .

I agree with Paeng that asking donations is not bad or evil at all.

embx61

Quote from: Gordon Dry on September 11, 2015, 11:22:36 PM
Thank you for using eggs in the apple pie!

I suggest every bakery should use eggs in cakes and pies.  ;D

How to get rid off them?
TP? The value is not high enough and the trader is always busy on carrying eggs and a few eggs again and then some eggs...

I have just enough feathers for my down coat tailor and the bedding maker but I got 5000 eggs in stock now...

It was my wife who suggested to me to use eggs as one of the ingredients for Cake and Pies so I thanked her in your name  ;) :)

RedKetchup

it was a good suggestion :) and your wife too :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 12, 2015, 07:02:48 AMI just received my first paypal donation!

;D
Now you just need to spread the link...  ::)

Quoteninja your awesome thread

Occasional thread hijacking is the salt in the posting soup...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on September 12, 2015, 11:13:30 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on September 12, 2015, 07:02:48 AMI just received my first paypal donation!

;D
Now you just need to spread the link...  ::)

the code for the button cant be placed on this forum, it doesnt accept the html code :( so i had to put it on a web site i used for picture storage ^^
i made a new page and put some text , explanations and the html code for the button.

seems to work :) but i ll know more when i received something ^^ i will need to put this link on every mods i made :)
Donations

RedKetchup

it works ! works fine !!
Thanks you so much :)

Kimbolton

I love that old bakery!!! Thank you very much!