Main Menu

Will be back ! Suggestions made* !

Started by RedKetchup, November 03, 2016, 03:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

I am a hoarder :)  I also haven't deleted a lot of ones that I should have by now. 
When the mods I use are updated for 107 I'll systematically go through and remove all the ones I don't have enabled. :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

TheOtherMicheal

I have 201 items in my WinData folder with only 6 of them being .sub from Steam.
I had to start Banished to check and I may have miscounted but I have 161 mods active in my game.
Yes, 161 mods enabled.
Yes I do really use all 161 in a game,it takes a lot of time to build up the map to make use of all of them but they all get used somewhere.
No I didn't do this at build 1.0.7, I have been using this many mods since build 1.0.6.
Yes I have a gaming rig.
Yes it still takes a few minutes for the game to load and a few minutes extra for a save game to load.

So what does any of that really mean?
The game is robust enough to handle a lot of mods but your computer might not be. I still have some CTDs when using Quit to leave a game and I think this is from the RAM clearing all that info but trying to do it too fast.
If there are a lot of individual game packages being made because modders need to split up their mods, I'm sure I will reach the limit of how many mods can be actively used and at that point I will have to seriously consider using MegaMod to cut back on the number of individual mod units I have installed.

But for now, I believe anyone with a fairly new computer and who is running less than 60 active mods is probably safe to install a lot of mod packages.

RedKetchup

ROFL : i cant believe there are so many mods made so far  :P lol

i ve  put 6 horses in the decoration toolbar :)

i need your thoughts on : are their height and their size ok ?
i have the impression they are not enough ... width

brads3

michael,i thought i was bad with over 75 active mods. i would like to see your list sometime.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: brads3 on February 16, 2017, 08:08:48 PM
michael,i thought i was bad with over 75 active mods. i would like to see your list sometime.
I can do that but It'll make more sense with screenshots of my mod menu because some of the pkm files are named slightly different to the names displayed in the mod menu.
Soooo, it'll take me a little bit of time to get all that and it won't happen just yet, I have to go to work in 20 minutes!

But I am thinking that it may be useful for modders and players to see a list of mods that do work together (as long as the load order is good) and just how many you can use together.
With that thought in mind I'll do it as a separate thread, including my system specs as well to put it into some context, rather than clutter up this thread.

brads3

sounds good. i didn;t mean you had to rush at all.

QueryEverything

@RedKetchup they look great.
The ones that are in the stable, maybe have one or 2 sit further out, so their nose are outside of the shelter, so we're not looking "in" to them?

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

you dont think they are too thin ?

about the ones in the stable... i only put the cover over it... it is not coming in a 3D.

QueryEverything

Maybe a little fatter :)  But, I like them either way.

Ahhh ...  just your cover over them, very creative :D

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 16, 2017, 06:58:30 PMi cant believe there are so many mods made so far

Last time I counted there were about 280... not counting KKKK (60+?) or Steam (no idea)... all together we probably approach the 400 mark... specially the way things are going lately  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on February 17, 2017, 05:35:22 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on February 16, 2017, 06:58:30 PMi cant believe there are so many mods made so far

Last time I counted there were about 280... not counting KKKK (60+?) or Steam (no idea)... all together we probably approach the 400 mark... specially the way things are going lately  ;)

mwahahaha

@Paeng THE Master !!

RedKetchup

i posted some of* my 1.0.7 done :)

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?board=49.0

Enjoy !

grammycat

Paeng-probably stupid question on my part, but what is KKKK? 

RedKetchup

i just finished the horses and i made also some seperated water for the horses.

EDIT : Training Camp part 1,2, and 3 posted :)