News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Quatre Bras: incorporating mods

Started by irrelevant, October 14, 2014, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahnogard

But it looks awesome and I'm sure your Bannies are thankful for it. That counts, right? :)

irrelevant

Well of course it does. I was just surprised at the cost in resources and management. As it should be, in fact. ;)

irrelevant

Summer 32

Expanding farms. I am still firmly convinced that farms are the best source for food, the best compromise of use of land and labor.

Manufacturing district. Ale, wool coats, and iron tools for trade. Apple and chestnut orchards.

Milk district. Probably time for more pastures and another creamery.

snapster

Do you not find the color of those roofs off-putting?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

snapster

They really rub me the wrong way. Seem quite unrealistic.

By the way, do you have any examples of spreadsheets people make related to this game that serve some purpose? Do you play with spreadsheets? Do you keep notes on the game?

irrelevant

A couple of the colors I probably won't use again, in this town I'm just trying things out. The other 4 work for me just fine.

I don't really like using spreadsheets with games, make it seem too much like work  ;)

In the beginning I keep track of things by keeping various buildings' panels open. After I get a town hall, that gives me pretty much what I need to know.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 26, 2014, 09:03:23 PM
very very nice. a good place to live :)
Thanks @RedKetchup! Good to see you still poking your head in here  ;)

snapster

1) So it lets you choose the colors? That's actually nice.
2) So are you one of those people who figured things out or have you just remembered some of the information you've been giving me from elsewhere? I guess it doesn't necessarily take spreadsheets to figure certain things out. Could possibly be more efficient and do things with a few data points even.

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 27, 2014, 07:00:40 AM
1) So it lets you choose the colors? That's actually nice.
2) So are you one of those people who figured things out or have you just remembered some of the information you've been giving me from elsewhere? I guess it doesn't necessarily take spreadsheets to figure certain things out. Could possibly be more efficient and do things with a few data points even.
Yes, when you are putting the house down you can cycle through the options by pressing "F"

I figured out a lot of this stuff myself; the rest I learned by asking questions here, and confirmed through observation. I try not to spread hearsay; if I haven't observed something myself, I'll say so.

irrelevant

Year 36

North End farms and dairy

Port and manufacturing

Oldtown Farms. Still just the one market after 36 years! @slinks small markets are so useful.

South End foresters and future farm expansion.

Mahnogard

Very nice! I'm going to have to try out Slink's market buildings on the next one. I've enjoyed watching how you're utilizing them. Elfecutioner's farm stand and general store are working well in my current town, but I want to try Slink's also. It's amazing how freeing it is to break away from building around markets.

Nilla

Quote from: Mahnogard on October 27, 2014, 09:23:07 PM
Very nice! I'm going to have to try out Slink's market buildings on the next one. I've enjoyed watching how you're utilizing them. Elfecutioner's farm stand and general store are working well in my current town, but I want to try Slink's also. It's amazing how freeing it is to break away from building around markets.

Yes, do that, I have made some experiments with them, too. Really good!

By the way, I am fond of Elfectioner´s general store, too.

And @irrelevant I am eased to see that you haven't abandon your many barns. ;) It is very comforting to recognize you and your nice way of building, even with a lot of new things.
Have you tried the rootceller and the grainsilo?

irrelevant

@Nilla I'll never give up my barns,  ;) not in my farm grids anyway. They also are needed near TPs.

I do have a root cellar, but I put it in a poor location; no one ever puts anything in it. Last time I checked it contained 22 mushrooms.  ::) I'll build another near my farms.

I haven't tried a grain silo yet, I was waiting on @RedKetchup to build a bakery so I could make a grain district (koff-koff; ahem!)  ;)

I have a couple of @RedKetchup warehouses; these are so nice! Take lots of the pressure off the stockpiles and barns near the TPs. I have many 1000s of food (which are not part of the general inventory, so I actually have 50-75% more food than is shown on the town summary panel) socked away in them for a rainy day.

And of course @slink's  specialized markets make the distribution system as a whole so much more efficient!

irrelevant

Fishers are OP. I have 3 fishing docks in a town pop 413 producing 7000 annually; between houses, barns, markets, TPs, and warehouses, I have 40,000 fish banked in year 36. It stinks! ;D