News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trizeropz: +9000 Population Town

Started by Trizeropz, March 18, 2015, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Almost makes me want to fire up Sink Mill and see how far I can push it in a year or two. ;)

edit:  Last night I tracked down my last savefile for Sink Mill and loaded it, just to see if there was more I could do with the town.

I had forgotten

just

how

pain

ful

ly

slow

it

runs.

;D

Trizeropz

haha yeah:D im at 5,8k people. no nomads for me:(. If i get nomad now it would be 5800*0,14=812 Nomads
6600 Total:D but they dont coming:(

RedKetchup

i think it was when you ve got 4.5k... you gave up too early, and should have tried to keep it healthy ^^
now it is kinda done.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I thought of one thing after i turned off the computer last night;

Have you thought about the consequences off having so many spare homes that you have? At your last screenshot there are 3066 homes and only 1732 families! More than 1300 houses too much.

What are the consequences? A lot of couples split up. OK, they still work as family, babies are born as if they lived together BUT......
Each house need firewood.

Let's count, with some assumptions;
In half the homes live separated couples (might be more, I have noticed that if they can, they will separate, might be less if many spare homes are located far away from working places). You have a mixture of wooden and stonehouses. Say that a wooden house need 40 and a stonehouse 25 firewood each year. Take away 650 wooden houses, where separated couples live and force them together. That means you don´t need 650*40 ~ 25 000 firewood each year. 25 000 firewood gives you 75 000 - 100 000 food, dependant on to which merchant you sell and that would have given you some more years.

Trizeropz

yes @RedKetchup  . thats it! i give up at 4k people and just built houses and ignored all other economy than food. i demolished tavern, tailor, churches and even some blacksmith. i really didnt expect i will grow that fast and could do 6k. i will now load an earlier save maybe a save with 3,5-4k people and do it healthier with more optimizing woodcutter and other stuff.

@Nilla  what you said is true. i knew that some couple split up and live alone, and i knew that they need more firewood. but at the time i started this i had 130k logs and 130k firewood. i thought "nothing can destroy this perfect economy:D" and i thought i just do a baby boom for next 4-5 years and would die anyway.
the problem is, if i built so many less houses that they dont split up, i would waste potential with family growth. so i wont change that, the only thing i change is to build more stone houses instead of wooden and just take wooden houses if my economy force me to do it.

1.reduce stockpiles, built to much, they waste space for fishermen, houses or a better placed woodcutter
2.reduce woodcutter and optimize the distance between hous-stockpile-workplace
3.avoid death ends. happened 5 times and everytime i lost 30-40 people.
4.storage barns near fishermens. i totally failed this last time and found fishermen at the little river with 20 fish/year. very bad planned.
5.hospitals apart of houses and markets to avoid spreading of diseases. lost 50 people at my last big disease
6.reduce size of crops and set 1 worker instead of 2. more space can used effective. current situation i have 15*7 crops with 2 workers. and in the mountain zones i loose to much squares due to this size of crops.
7.replaced houses to get space for more fishermens at little river. got 17 more now.
8.more bridges. some paths are way to long.
9.main roads with stone. dont have this everywhere.
10.i will destroy the churches instant to get space for crops and houses. i dont think they are worth it for that much space and just 200/church. -17 churches

this was my first ideas to improve my 6k town.

oh and i dont know where i saw it but someone placed a single herbalist in a 3-4k people town. i will do this to if i reach 6k. the placeholder is already set^^
have fun:)

edit: some screenshots from improvement of the whole map coming later

Nilla

Quotethe problem is, if i built so many less houses that they dont split up, i would waste potential with family growth. so i wont change that, the only thing i change is to build more stone houses instead of wooden and just take wooden houses if my economy force me to do it.

If you keep the number of houses just a little bit lower than the number of families all the time, you don't get many split families and you don't waste many new babies. I used that tactic in my fast game; about 4800 inhabitants in 30 years. And I think that is about as fast you can get.

But if you are comfortable with your many houses; build them! There are more than one way to build successfully with Banished. In any case; stone houses is a good idea.

Trizeropz

houses lower than families? you sure?:o

Nilla

I'm sure! Not much, just a few. My experience is that if you build too many,you have the split problem. You can prepare,  bring building materials and than stop the construction if you want to have them ready fast. My upper limit is the same as the number of families, willingly I never build one house more.

irrelevant

This is also what I do when I'm building houses. To grow fast keep the number of houses close to the number of families without going over.

chillzz

Quote from: Nilla on April 06, 2015, 11:42:38 AM
I'm sure! Not much, just a few. My experience is that if you build too many,you have the split problem. You can prepare,  bring building materials and than stop the construction if you want to have them ready fast. My upper limit is the same as the number of families, willingly I never build one house more.

almost always same number as families.. actually  i count adult citizens / 2
sometimes i build 1 or 2 more houses for the females turning adult.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Trizeropz

@Nilla about 4800 inhabitants in 30 years?:0 Wow!
where do i find this? is it blogged here?
Okay i am 500 houses over at the moment and i need many houses somewhere else. so i will demolish lots of houses. and place just a few at points were i need more. try to have  houses and families same.

my optimization working fine. i just could need some more laborer to demolish and build. but economy is very fine:)

Nilla

It was a crazy special game with a lot of mods. I blogged it here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=671.0

Trizeropz

shit, that is insane:0
okay okay i decided to demolish much more houses now. because if i destroy more i get more space for crops:D
the space i get from the demolished taverns will 50% used for graveyards and other for schools n houses. i also placed 2 more markets to have every house on the whole map inside an market radius. should improve some hearts and happiness. i hope without taverns and churches i nevertheless get 4 stars cause of markets graveyards and some wells.
im at year 106 with 4k people and 700k food now

btw thanks to all. without your help i wouldnt have more than 2000 now^^
have fun:)

Trizeropz

i recognized the problem that i already have a 'split problem'. due to my play style with too much houses i have many many houses with just 1 person in it. and it seems that i need 300 more houses than families because of this. yesterday evening my total population went down after demolishing 20-30 houses:0 there was still 250 houses more than families.. i only can fix this if i throw out the 1 person houses regularly.

Year 7 with 4,2K population and 780k Food. Much more than my try before:)

Nilla

If you want to get rid of these single persons and make more houses available:

Fake demolish the house where only one adult live. (Fake demolish = demolish and immediately undo). If it's one person from a couple that once have split, they will move in together again and the house is available for someone else.