News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Better Fields mod - Still useable?

Started by MarkAnthony, September 01, 2019, 10:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Hi.

The other day @irrelevant pointed out that Slink's version of No More Seeds was not working anymore and @Nilla pointed us to @RedKetchup 's version of it.

My question is about whether or not the Better Fields mod is working any more. When I first started playing Banished I tried the Better Fields mod but whether or not it worked or not I haven't a clue - I just don't recall paying attention to it. Then when I started playing my games with RKEC Red told me that I didn't need the Better Fields mod anymore because his orchards and crops were comparable to it so I stopped using it when playing RKEC games.

I actually stopped using the Better Fields mod altogether but only because I was in the habit of not "checking it" (to enabled) when using ModMan.  Well the other day when I was playing my Necora's Maritimes game some of the places on the map had spots where I wanted to plant a crop field but couldn't due to the slopes of the hillside. This was the initial purpose of the Better Fields mod right, to allow you to build crop fields and pastures on sloped hills? So I started a new game and enabled the Better Fields mod this time and well... I still wasn't able to build on a sloped hill. So does the Better Fields mod just not work anymore?

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

JM

There are several "better fields" mods.
I use this one and it works fine:
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/83-Better-Fields-v3

Fields may be placed on any area where a villager can walk; this includes small slopes.

MarkAnthony

Hi @JM, thanks but that is the version I am using.

Now to me, that screenshot I showed doesn't seem very steep at all but maybe it is? What do you think? And by the way, I did have Better Fields v3 loaded above most of the mods in my mod order in case you will ask that of me next.

RedKetchup

but there is a certain limit you can go up.... and if not, you can bug it out because crops have a important corner and if it is set where citizens cannot walk (too high in the mountain) it will bug. since crops doesnt have a visual indication where is that corner.... and we pass our time to rotate(F)... we never can tell where is your corner

it is same about the pastures : if you put the animal shelter on top... it will bug out.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Hmm, okay thanks for the explanation Red. I guess I will reload Better Fields v3 and try it again in a different game.