News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoiceEdition 1.3.1 Light

Started by Okiepat, September 05, 2019, 10:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiepat

I originally downloaded the full version but I was getting a lot of lag (crappy computer) so I downloaded the light version. The download has the correct name and when I extracted it, the new folder has the right name. However, when I put it into the WINDATA folder, it shows just RKEditorChoiceEdition for the name and when I logged into the game, it is the full version with the canals. Is this normal or did I screw something up? I removed it from everything and tried again but got the same result.

RedKetchup

the file is a .pkm maybe your download has been corrupted ? did you tried to redownload ? to re-unzip it ? tried to put its extension ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Okiepat

It's a .pkm file but the name changes when I extract it to the folder. The folder says it is the Light version but the .pkm file name doesn't. I am able to play it but I wasn't sure if it is the right one or if somehow the full version and light version got mixed together. Is there a way to tell or should I just delete the full version (not enabled but in the WINDATA folder) for now and see what happens?

RedKetchup

oh. all versions (Full, No_Music, Light, XtraLighthave, Grid..) have the same name: RKEditorChoiceEdition.pkm
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

that happens with different versions or upgrades to mods. always handy to keep a backup folder of mod files with them labeled.thisd saves overriding and deleteing the original. there are cases where an older version of a mod will work for you better than an upgraded version. once a mod is upgraded most times you can not recover the older version without having your own copy.

Okiepat

Thanks for the help and information. It's working great then! I started a new game after going through some of the older pictures here, hoping to incorporate some of the ideas I found. Still in the city planning stage:

brads3

does placing that many paused buildings hurt you? don't the workers try to clear the land and move supplies for them even when paused? i may pause 1 or 2 if i am short a material but never that many. my concern would be if the laborers are busy there, they won't be useful to gather food,herbs,or other items.

Okiepat

They don't work at a building until it is unpaused. This way you can do an initial layout and unpause things one or two at a time. Since I always build the school and one house first, I am always short of laborers in the beginning. By doing it this way, I can also clear the various build sites and then re-pause them either before or after the materials are brought, depending on my supplies at the time.

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on September 06, 2019, 02:32:00 PM
does placing that many paused buildings hurt you? don't the workers try to clear the land and move supplies for them even when paused? i may pause 1 or 2 if i am short a material but never that many. my concern would be if the laborers are busy there, they won't be useful to gather food,herbs,or other items.
The only thing it hurts is that you can lose trees and other things growing in the footprint if you leave the building paused for a long time. They will die and not get collected. But you can avoid that by unpausing the building long enough for your laborers to clear all the resources growing there, and then pause it again. It takes a bit of micro; if you don't pause soon enough, you can get laborers bringing in construction mats. What I always do is unpause them one at a time, watch them, and re-pause when all the resources have been harvested and are still sitting on the footprint. Someone will come along to collect them even if the building is paused.

Image 1: I often do this extensively, it works quite well. I wasn't doing micro here obviously, but these footprints were being built pretty quickly, in a couple-three years. Also I had enough stuff that I wasn't going to miss a few trees. ;)