:P ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Mahnogard

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 04, 2014, 08:13:55 AM
all these work for just 1 exciting use and thats all ? IMO

:D

After that first time, it's more exciting to use them than to watch them being built. Seeing as how my towns these days feature loads of RedKetchup Construction Technologies (tm) (including Graphic Overlap Technology (tm)) and Slink's High-Efficiency Marketplace Innovations (tm), I appreciate all of your hard work very, very much. :)

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 04, 2014, 08:13:55 AM
all these work for just 1 exciting use and thats all ? IMO

One exciting use followed by hundreds of normal uses.

rkelly17

I downloaded the double stone bridges immediately and just had to try them out. I have wanted this Cosacks first did a stone bridge and I really appreciate the work @slink is doing to make it happen. This is a report to help move the process along and I hope she finds it helpful even when I inject a bit of humor.

It turns out, @slink, that you may have created a miracle! Let me explain.

First off, an admission. In my first attempt I got the pieces backwards.  :-[ See the first picture.

In the course of doing that, though, I discovered the miracle: The bridge works even before it is built! The next picture is of people crossing the as yet nonexistent bridge to deliver materials to, wait for it, the other side of the bridge! In the third picture one of the laborers has decided not to cross back on the miracle bridge but to go downstream a ways and walk back under water.

So, I demolished the backwards bridge and laid it out correctly.  :)  This time the laborers just walked across under water to make their deliveries (see fourth picture). Once the bridge was finished the people crossing the bridge became able to pass through stone! The fifth picture shows a laborer setting out to gather stone (these suckers take a lot of stone--which is, I suppose, appropriate). You can see that he has already passed from the bridge floor down to river bottom but his pick is still flying across the bridge (it rejoined him the instant after the picture).

People behaved differently on the two sides. On the side labeled "right side" (which is on the left when looking from South toward North) the people stayed on top the first bit (up to the point where you see the flying pick) and then dropped to the river bottom. They walked along until about the same distance from the opposite end and then popped back up. On the side labeled "left side" they went down to the bottom at either end and popped back up in the middle segment. The last few pictures show this.

As I said, I hope these pictures are helpful in figuring out what is going on. The bridge is shaping up to be exactly what I hoped for. I'm going to use it even if it remains engulfed in the supernatural.  ;D

slink

*giggles*  Well, I am happy to present version 1, then.  It will be posted in a few moments.  It has a decking piece as well as the two sides, and if you prefer you can build the bridge entirely of decking.  I think it actually looks better that way, but I left the "sides" for people who want a handrail however it may look at the ends.

irrelevant

Everyone needs a hand(rail) to hold on to. ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 04, 2014, 10:49:52 AM
*giggles*  Well, I am happy to present version 1, then.  It will be posted in a few moments.  It has a decking piece as well as the two sides, and if you prefer you can build the bridge entirely of decking.  I think it actually looks better that way, but I left the "sides" for people who want a handrail however it may look at the ends.

Personally, I'm all for handrails myself.

Downloaded version 1, but I can't get it to appear on roads/bridges/tunnels menu either in saved game to which I've added it or to a new game. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what.

slink

Not your fault.  I changed the name of the mod at the last minute, and didn't take the changes down far enough.  I wish there was a way to tell when a change on the command line is sufficient and when program secretly uses a string from inside another file.  Anyway, it is fixed now.  Forgive me for not changing the version number.   ;)

Darkbibou

@slink : do you plan to make an independent mod for every part of the original fountain mod ? Do you need help (I can't help on 3D models though) ?

Fellow Villager

considering the situation of this mod, this is the best solution....make indipendent every part of the mod

slink

I am gradually breaking out parts of it, yes.  Graphics is the part I find the most difficult, however.   ;)

Fellow Villager

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 04, 2014, 01:03:39 PM
Not your fault.  I changed the name of the mod at the last minute, and didn't take the changes down far enough.  I wish there was a way to tell when a change on the command line is sufficient and when program secretly uses a string from inside another file.  Anyway, it is fixed now.  Forgive me for not changing the version number.   ;)

No problem. Think of me as an especially challenged beta tester.  ;D

slink

And you can think of me as a modder with senior moments.   ;D

rkelly17

I built one of the bridges from the latest--using the two guard rail sides. You'll be happy to know that the bridge hasn't lost all of its miraculous powers. Though the laborers no longer fly across the river to deliver materials, they have retained the ability to walk deer-like under water to deliver materials. I built the bridge out of the normal traffic flow for the moment (to test it), so I can't report on supernatural crossing behavior. I ran into a longish "more houses than families" situation when all the second generation died off at once, so expansion has been stalled. As the next generation graduates I'll build across the river and see what happens.

By the way, I had a huge surplus of honey, so I built one of your breweries to brew mead and it is working great. The TP screen does report the mead as "ale" but puts it in the alphabetical slot where "mead" would appear, between the L's and the N's. "M'ale"?