News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized market buildings

Started by Bobbi, October 02, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

In my program the house is facing the back, in the file that I downloaded.  That is exactly how it is in the download.  I have not edited anything.

I converted the polygons to an editable mesh, and then followed your instructions exactly.

The result was the same.  A huge store on one end.

Thank you for trying.  It's my bedtime now.

RedKetchup

i tried to make a youtube video of what i am doing, unfortunatly we cant see my mouse pointer and the submenu when you do right click. but if you check closely you can follow. also put in 720p for better video, youtube tends to down alot about quality

i started with your .fbx as you sent me (renamed GeneralStore2.FBX)

the [ youtube ]  [ / youtube ] add button is not working properly :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vXJJtx4A4
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Perhaps it has something to do with recording software, but sometimes I see a 'glow' around the cursor in various videos, like in this one for example (completely random video, I don't speak Spanish, but it has the feature): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bXEM-oiozo

slink

I downloaded the video but until I can get it to start on one end in the editor, there isn't any hope of my making it work.

RedKetchup

what you mean ?

take the fbx you sent me, put your .max save in the recycle bin ^^
and do same thing as me.

and if you cant do it..... i ll send you my fbx :)

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 07, 2014, 10:15:38 AM
what you mean ?

take the fbx you sent me, put your .max save in the recycle bin ^^
and do same thing as me.

and if you cant do it..... i ll send you my fbx :)

I mean that, as I have said twice before, the FBX file from the zip file, as I downloaded it from the 3-D model website, loads into my copy of 3ds MAX in the position that I posted a picture of here:

I thank you for your offer of doing it for me, but as you correctly said earlier, if you do it for me I will not know how to do it correctly next time.  I want to do it correctly this time, but there is no way I can do exactly as you did when I am not starting where you started.  It doesn't matter what I do to the model, with vertices rotation on a mesh or with the toolbar rotation on polygons.  It still looks exactly the same in the game, which is not how it ever looked in my editor.

RedKetchup

;D

took me almost 2 good months to learn how to use this 3d program, i am sure you ll do it in less than 25% long than me :)
how 3ds see things, and how the game see things... are 2 different things :)

but you fbx you gave me... it s yours ! it is not mine. it is part of your work.
you will also have to learn to export sometime just for re-importing. it is part of the process to make it BanishedGame compatible :)
99% of case, you cant do it without it :)

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 07, 2014, 10:51:17 AM
;D

took me almost 2 good months to learn how to use this 3d program, i am sure you ll do it in less than 25% long than me :)
how 3ds see things, and how the game see things... are 2 different things :)

How do I load the FBX file into the editor so it displays for me in the editor as it does in the game?

RedKetchup

i edited my previous reply.

you clean your 3ds by choosing : "Reset" in the menu. (new doesnt reset everything, reset does)

and then you go in 'import' and go pickup your .fbx

RedKetchup

also sometimes you will load something made by someone else and it will be in 4-5 parts, even if you group it and call mesh ... it wont be compatible with the game. you ll need to do all your edit, and when really rdy to put it in the game and check : you will need to export it as .OBJ and then reset your 3ds. and after you go back re-import your OBJ but with a check box checked : load as a single mesh' and everything will change and make it compatible with the game

that thing i just told you, changed completely how it worked for me, it was like : ALLELUIA !! everything started to flow as a charm :)
this is a big secret :) it took me a full month to discover it after weeks of frustrations ^^

slink

Here are my steps. I reset before the first step.

RedKetchup

this fbx is not the one you gave me. it has 106kb and the one you gave me has 57kb.

slink

No, but it is the one I started with.  It is before I did all of the "wrong" things to which you alluded.

After another reset, I imported one of my saves from last night.  There it sits, looking normal.  In the game it sits on one end.

No matter what I do to any version of the file, it still sits on one end in the game.  And yes, I am copying over the saved and changed file to my modding directory, erasing the bin directory under SmallMarkets, and recompiling before testing.

Pangaea

Perhaps not relevant here as you're using custom files, but I like to use a .bat file with /onlypkg when testing out compiles mods with the modkit, as then the modkit won't load files from resources but only use the pkms and pkgs.

RedKetchup

but.........

maybe it s something about "2015" version ? something they did in that upgraded version and probably not a good thing ?

i have 2014 :P