News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized market buildings

Started by Bobbi, October 02, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

Quote from: irrelevant on October 08, 2014, 05:48:35 AM
@assobanana76 if you want free range farm animals, you can build a pasture, put some animals in it, and then delete the pasture. They won't wander around, but they will stand around grazing and doing nothing else.
really???
are u jocking me???
I ask this to 3 month!!!
really??? animals free in my vegan village????
isn't possible!!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: slink on October 08, 2014, 05:46:19 AM
No animals were released in the process of making this mod.   ;D

I think I might be able to get six buildings together today, but no promises.  I am going to remake the one building with different proportions and give it different skins.  If they all look good, it will be finished.  I hope.   ;)
LOL  ;D ;D ;D
and what about the dog??
six new buildings?? can't wait!!!
great!!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Mahnogard

@assobanana76 if you want free range farm animals, you can build a pasture, put some animals in it, and then delete the pasture. They won't wander around, but they will stand around grazing and doing nothing else.

And then can you build where they are? So with proper planning I could have a town square full of cows?

That is awesome. I am so doing this.

irrelevant

They won't necessarily end up where you want them to be, and they won't reproduce and will eventually die out, but sure.

Bobbi

Ohhh that's sad, they die? Still, good for screen shots

irrelevant

slink

Deleted in favor of a new, uglier but smaller, version 0 below.

Pangaea

There was an odd occurance in my game. A cow was seen roaming around free in the south-west part of the map, and suddenly she had gotten a calf (is that the right word?). The calf ended up walking across the entire map to the pastured area in the NE, but the mother was still standing around. Have forgotten to check it out again the last few years, but I assume she is dead now. Very odd, though. I've never seen anything like that before.

Pangaea

Quote from: slink on October 08, 2014, 11:43:54 AM
This file is too large to upload here, for some reason.  It is a 0th version of the mod.  Please give me feedback on the physical dimensions, internal capacity, and color of the buildings.  Thanks.   :)

Oh crap just copy and paste it!

ftp://www.drislink.com/storage/SJGL_Small Markets_0.zip

I don't see any new building choices?

Loaded it up in the modkit, saw nothing, so made sure the mod was selected and restarted it again (with /onlypkg) to make sure the menus is built right (there are still issues with it in the last patch too, as yesterday I had 4 crash-enducing non-buttons). But there was nothing after the restart either. Tried R and F with the normal market in case there was something done there, but no sight of any new buildings :(

Edit: Tried it in the normal game too, but I see no new building choices in any of the toolbars there either.

slink

It's under storage buildings, last button.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 08, 2014, 01:41:21 PM
It's under storage buildings, last button.

It isn't showing up there for me in first try. I'll go at it again.

I have Elfecutioner's (sp?) general store/farm stand as well as @RedKetchup's warehouse and grain silo loaded, so maybe they take up the space. I'll check without them and report back.

slink

rkelly17

No luck. Darn!

By the way I have 1.0.4 Build 141003 on Steam.

Thank you for all the work you've done on this. I've been trying to learn 3D modeling and the learning curve is unbelievable.

slink

Tell me about it.  The least little mistake in how I handle the file and I have to revert to an older OBJ save because it stops working in the game.  I'm not even sure entirely what causes it except that keeping it in the default file type (MAX) is a sure kiss of death, at least in the 2015 version of the editor.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to make the intermediate building types display (foundation and partial progress), and I haven't had any success.  I see in @RedKetchup's little house files that he doesn't seem to have gotten it to work either.  I built meshes for the two stages, named them appropriately, and substituted them in the rsc files.  They compiled properly, but the models don't display and the game locks up when the building is completed.  Obviously the two new parts are not beneficial in the way I have them.

RedKetchup

strange i heard my name again ^^
thats what took my out of my sleep ^^

what i do to make build01 and build02 ?

once i completed my building and nothing more to do with it, no more move , no more scale, not adding a piece of wood.

then i do my buildXX

i make sure than i am not in any editing mode, and i place myself in mode create. very important. you need to make 2 copy (clone) of your building, moving them at your screen ONLY but not in the game. i select my building (again make sure you are in create mode, not modify) i right click to call the submenu and i choose clone. i select 'copy' (NOT instance) and i call it build01 and a new building is created right ontop of the main mesh building. i do a right click and i choose 'move' and i move it from the original building. i usually put it 2 line futher on the plan. and then on this build01 building i do a right click and i clone again and i call it build02 and i move it between the build01 and mesh.

if you did correctly, at your screen should have 3 buildings all seperate, in the game you have 3 building exactly ontop of each other.
and i start to demolish build01 to the foundations. and build02 midway.

let met know if i need to do another youtube video :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .