News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized market buildings

Started by Bobbi, October 02, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

rkelly17

Woo Hoo! It worked! Showed up in the menu. I'll try the latest version, too.

The football game was a nail biter! Grandson's team won on the 2nd last play of the game.

slink

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 09, 2014, 02:34:47 PM
Woo Hoo! It worked! Showed up in the menu. I'll try the latest version, too.

The football game was a nail biter! Grandson's team won on the 2nd last play of the game.

Good on him for the win!   :D

slink

Here are four color options.  The dark brown is the one that came with the building.  I didn't like that one, so I tried making it a lighter shade of brown.  That is still depressingly dark, but not so much.  The other two colors are the one that is in the current version 1, and the one that was in the version 0 that no one could load except me.  I've attached screenshots of the buildings in the four colors.  Comments are welcome.

Bobbi

Option 3, I think. Thanks for all the hard work. They will be awesome when you are done!

Bobbi

I downloaded the most recent version into my current game. Did not conflict (so far) with any other mods, including Elfecutioners smaller vendors building. Game saved with no problems. You must be anticipating a lot of vegetarians, produce store is the biggest one, meat market the smallest.  ;D

slink

I wonder why it conflicts with someone else's markets?  He must be using the same name for one or more of the buildings.  I suppose I'll have to download his mod and poke around in it.   ???

Edit:
Aha.  I didn't need to poke around in it.  He's got a general store, and although I call mine a general market where everyone else can read it, it's called a general store inside.  I can fix that.  *smirk*

Bobbi

I said it DIDN'T seem to have any conflict with Elf's mod. But I only played with it a minute. Did somebody else report a conflict?

irrelevant

Yes, #3 or #4; the others are so dark. I like these buildings, a nice sleek feel.

slink

My bad, @Bobbi, I thought I read "except for".  I guess I was expecting a conflict and so I read that there was one.  Duh.  Doesn't matter, it's a simple enough thing to change, to make sure no one ever conflicts with my buildings.   ;)

Fellow Villager

this is a terrific mod slink. if I can suggest something, I think that you can make market specific for blacksmith, and one for tailor.....but these are detail...
love u :-D

however, the only conflict i can see is with specialized storage mod...

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 09, 2014, 04:04:36 PM
Here are four color options.  The dark brown is the one that came with the building.  I didn't like that one, so I tried making it a lighter shade of brown.  That is still depressingly dark, but not so much.  The other two colors are the one that is in the current version 1, and the one that was in the version 0 that no one could load except me.  I've attached screenshots of the buildings in the four colors.  Comments are welcome.

I am a fan of lighter versions as those look most like the wooden buildings already in the game.

Quote from: Bobbi on October 09, 2014, 06:13:52 PM
I said it DIDN'T seem to have any conflict with Elf's mod. But I only played with it a minute. Did somebody else report a conflict?

I'm using Elf's "Smaller Buildings" alongside @slink's and no problems. Admittedly, I didn't get in much playing time yesterday, but no crashes or glitches here. I have two town squares laid out which I should be able to finish building today and can post pictures later.

Now I'm going to be a real pest and cause @slink to want to reach out through the internet and choke the life out of me.  ::)  @slink, what would you think of combining the fruit and vegetables (and maybe grain) into one building? I love the buildings and the flexibility in design they provide, but the current number takes up a lot of room around the square and requires a lot of stockpiled building materials to build and a lot of workers to staff. Maybe four stores in total? Feel free to tell me exactly where I can shove this "helpful suggestion" should you so desire.  :)

Bobbi

I thought the whole point was to have more buildings for our main streets/town squares? I loves buildings.

rkelly17

Quote from: Bobbi on October 10, 2014, 06:16:46 AM
I thought the whole point was to have more buildings for our main streets/town squares? I loves buildings.

Well, of course, but everything in moderation. Plus I have to leave room for whatever the library/school/?  building @RedKetchup is working on. And I like "beer gardens" (that's going to be my next brilliant mod sugestion) and then there is . . . .

slink

I can add some more combinations, if everyone is happiest with the vaguely redwood color.  I've been thrashing around trying to introduce a second color option and so far neither way has succeeded.  *gazes thoughtfully off into the distance*  I think I know why the one method is failing.  It is not meant for multiple skins but rather for multiple meshes.  What I don't understand is why adding the word "blue" to the file names under models causes the compiler to revert to asking for a file by the name of the skin that was exported with the mesh from 3ds MAX.  I'm not using that file with the red copy of the mod, and it works fine.  In any event, the blue color was supposed to be passed off as faded whitewash.  It is really too blue for that, which is probably why I like it.  My own house is pale blue.  I don't feel they have the ability to make blue pigmented house coatings.  Whitewash and clay colors such as red are about at their level of technology, in my opinion.