Discussion: Medieval Town 2.04.1.0.6 ==> available on Steam !!

Started by RedKetchup, December 22, 2015, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

What @Denis de la Rive  said.

Plus: I've always been a bit reluctant to trade coats and/or tools. This may be the long-term result of a disastrous tool shortage in one of my earliest (version 1.0!!!!) banished towns--I've just been ultra cautious about trading away necessities ever since. I find booze to be an ideal trade item. It is not a necessity and you get decent value for it. In NMT @RedKetchup has given us some nice booze options which I combine with CC options and get a nice little traffic going.

ArmchairEmperor

I am aware that these goods have other effects on my population. That wasn't what I was talking about.

Sure, a carbon steel tool will help me make my little chaps much more efficient, but it still sucks as a trading good and there's no point producing it for more than my own needs and then make iron tools for export. Which sucks, when I could sell the world so much better stuff (as I was trying to explain).

In the case of warm coats, it's much, much worse. If I use the Medieval Tailor, I incur a big loss in trade value .... which incidently doesn't happen when I use the standard tailor.

So I can make the same product with an "ugly" building that sits like an eyesore among my beautiful medieval buildings (Hyperbole - no offense to Luke ;) ) and turn a "profit" or use RedKetchup's pretty building and throw trade value down the drain. Trade value that I could use to get other luxuries. Nevermind the fact that, as I said before, a finished product will not trade for lkess than the sum of its materials.

I can have a big medieval town, but that still irks me a lot. (Especially the coats. :P )

And that's my problem.

P.S.: I do like to booze trade too ;)

RedKetchup

hello

QuoteIn the case of warm coats, it's much, much worse. If I use the Medieval Tailor, I incur a big loss in trade value .... which incidently doesn't happen when I use the standard tailor.

i ve read your posts and there is something i dont understand. you say vanilla tailor are ok but not the NMT tailor.

but it is the same !! this is exactly the same numbers, a copy paste !!
i know i added more option with cotton but...
the NMT and Vanilla tailor produce exactly the same amount of coat with the same amount of raw material !

so i dont understand.

-------------------------------
EDIT:

i ve attached a screenshot of the 2 files :
left one : NMT tailor
and the right one Vanilla tailor

leather coat in green,
wool coat in red,
warm coat in blue

as you can compare (where i underlined) the material and the number of item required.

these number are totally the same.

vanilla tailor takes 2 leather and 2 wool and create 1 to 2 warm coat with it
NMT Tailor takes also 2 leather and 2 wool and create 1 to 2 warm coat with these
(both depending if educated or not)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Turis

I guess someone forgot to take into account the education level of the tailor.

ArmchairEmperor

Thanks RK, for those numbers - I wouldn't have known where to find them in the code, since I have no modding experience. The vanilla tailor doesn't give those numbers ingame, it just says "leather + wool", so assumed it was one of each.

So, basically that means if the craftsman is uneducated you incur a loss, if the craftsman is educated you make a profit.

That actually makes sense.

Thanks for clearing that up - I feel much better now.

Btw, is it possible that there is some value missing for flour?

I have yet to see a trader offer it or acept it in trade. I put a couple of thousand units in my trading post before I noticed that. It's not really a problem, I'm just curious.

P.S.: Your concept of three-storied housing is a genius idea. I also love that NMT isn't cluttered up with too much stuff ... even though I wish you would have put in those city walls from NM Castle. ;) )

Murokmakto

Hello,

I am not able to install the mod. I am playing Banished on Steam. When I just replace the newmedievaltown.pkm in my WinData folder, nothing changes in my game. Then it is still version 1.01b. If I first unsubscribe to 1.01b, it doesnt show up in the game. It only shows up in my game (in the mod menu) if i rename it. Then I can activate it, but it doesnt show up in the game.
I triet every possibility I could think of but it either doesnt show up in the game, or it is still the old version when I try it.
I think it is due to the subscription. It always updates it back to 1.01b if I replace it in my Windata Folder.

Sorry to bother you with that, I never had such problems, I could easily install the new CC mod in exactly the same way. I dont know why but it doesnt work with NWM

Murokmakto

I did it a hundred times again and at the 100 and first try it worked, although I did nothing different. It seemed to be a bug with the steam subscriptions.

Thanks for the mod and keep up with it!

Turis

Unsubscribe from Steam mods and then download to the Windata folder.

RedKetchup

unsubscribe , start the game. close the game. and check if it is gonein your windata folder
then subscrib to the new one. start the game. check if enable in mods window

RedKetchup

gonna try to put on Steam somewhere next week. if i find the courage to do it ^^

hehe

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 21, 2016, 12:11:49 AM
gonna try to put on Steam somewhere next week. if i find the courage to do it ^^

hehe

Unfortunately you are still going to find a bunch of your mods with other people's names on them.  >:(

RedKetchup

I just added NMT 2.03.1.0.6 version on Steam Workshop

Update from 2.02 to 2.03.1.0.6 : re compiled with the last new version of the toolkit 1.0.6

(No other significative changes other than made with new toolkit.)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691102139

reddog11123

I am having a problem using lighthouse as my town hall. When nomads appear they are stuck on the other side of the map and just stand there. I am not using CC mod, just NMT and Small Row House's with yours loading first.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup