News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Taverns > Woodcutter ?

Started by Trizeropz, June 25, 2015, 12:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

There is a guy who will beat the shit out of it. I saw his reddit post about his village. He is at 5,8k Population and have 2.1 million food o.O
The difference between his towns and for example @irrelevant  or my town is that he only uses taverns instead of taverns AND woodcutters.
In fact, taverns dont need place for storage but have a lower trading value. But i seems that the lower trading value from the ale is it worth because of the space it saves
If this is right, i will cry..
What do you guys think?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Banished/comments/3ao9pr/oldschool_banished_5k_pop_reached_year_75_next/
https://www.reddit.com/user/OnkelAqua

irrelevant

His big advantage over Sink Mill is that he has no farms. He doesn't have to worry about the food limit, and the fact that he doesn't have hundreds of farmers means that his job reassignment isn't conking out on him. With that advantage, I think it doesn't matter whether you are producing firewood, ale, or featherpillows.

Also, 109 TPs.

Trizeropz

So you would say it is because of the map with space for 109 TPs? Thats why he dont need crops and has also no problems with job assignment. I think if he go on like this he could reach 10k

A Nonny Moose

Did you notice how many orchards he has to support his booze trade?
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

irrelevant

Quote from: Trizeropz on June 25, 2015, 01:27:15 PM
So you would say it is because of the map with space for 109 TPs? Thats why he dont need crops and has also no problems with job assignment. I think if he go on like this he could reach 10k
Yes, I think so. For Sink Mill I spent 8 hours looking at map seeds, and picked the one I did because it had the most farmland, fewest streams, and beans + grain seeds. I didn't spend much time looking at TP space cause my plan for 5000 didn't require scads of TPs, and I wanted to build a balanced town. But he has a good strategy for high pop without food production, and he picked a good map.

If you want to spend hours looking at maps, you can probably find what you need. ;D

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on June 25, 2015, 01:27:30 PM
Did you notice how many orchards he has to support his booze trade?
Yes, but his orchards have ceased producing because of the food limit.

Nilla

Why do you mean breweries has a lower trading value? I mean that if you buy food it's higher, for other stuff about the same.

It's no advantage that ale isn't stored. If you have many breweries, partly far away from the ports the traders haven't time to get it all collected. OK 109 TP are 2180 traders. That's a lot, but if he want 10000 inhabitants, he will need a lot of breweries as well. If he has a good computer and has the luck to be spared from bugs, it might be possible.

irrelevant

He has 856 brewers, lol. I think that may be more than he needs  ;)

Also, something about that map looks odd to me. The lakes are too small. I think he has used some giant, ultra-flat, map mod. There is not one little hill in his town.

http://imgur.com/a/K1C5U#0

RedKetchup

right no hills at all. easy with such maps, that can add a + 5k pop on a large
or he used the flatten tool
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Trizeropz

Oh, i didnt see that. Im colorblind so i cant the the difference between hills and flatland. Yeah without hills its easy. Phew!....  I really thought he would go to 10k without mods. That would be goddamn insane.

I dont know if im right but firewood has a value of 4 and ale just 3 or am i wrong?
Even if both would have 4 i think ale is more effecient. @Nilla  yeah they need to go to The tavern instead of the stockpile. But if you place a stockpile near every 4-8 woodcutter(what you should do) They dont need to go much longer to a tavern

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Trizeropz

Nahh i was talking about what you get more:)
Example: I buy 1000 logs, chop it to firewood and sell the 3000 firewood i got. So i multiplicated it with 3. Same with taverns. But i dont know how exactly the tavern do this. How many for and how much ale it gets out of..
And with this system i wanna know which is more worth with all aspects like , size of the building, storage, how long they need to walk....
also i read somewere that you can store more ale than firewood in a tp

Nilla

1 log worth 2 gives 4 firewood worth 12 (food) or 16 (other). Profit: each wood (16-2)/4=3,5 or (12-2)/4=2,5  (educated workers)

3 fruit worth 1 gives 1 ale worth 8. Profit each ale 8-3=5

The productivity of the woodcutter is higher,  for a decent maybe 600 for the woodcutter and 400 for brewer.

That means:

1. Firewood (not foodmerchant) 2100 each year
2. Ale 2000 each year
3. Firewood to foodmerchant 1500 each year

A Nonny Moose

I am not sure any of these stats are useful for enjoyment of the game, but it is nice to see some of them.  Overall, though, please remember this is supposed to be a leisure time pursuit, not a stress point.

Trizeropz

Thanks @Nilla thats what i meant, but i wanna test if the not-needed-storage from tavern compensates the lower trading value. The size of the footprint is the same.

@A Nonny Moose, i knew someone would said that. Yeah most people dont like to play like this. But i love it. I think winning is fun. I will always try somehow to be the best^^ Sounds stupid but its true

The actual stress is at the start of a game :D

A Nonny Moose

@Trizeropz : Whatever floats your boat.  This program isn't one you can really win, since it doesn't have any winning goal.  One of the reasons I like it is that it is really interminable as long as you put up with it.  At worst you can lose by having all your bannies die on you.

I don't know if you've ever tried other games of this type, but I've been a SimCity 4 Deluxe player since it came out, and it has the same sort of simulation that just goes on forever.