News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bannies in space - WIP

Started by kid1293, October 15, 2021, 03:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristahfer

How about some sort of converter...
Put this or that in and out comes something else.
Major crafting center in one large dome, or connected domes.
It could be a major addition to a city center area.
Up to five items for various items.
Combinations could be fun.

kid1293

Yes, I think of something like a converter. Like magic  ;)

The problem is to come up with models. Not too far from what I already have.
I think I can make more but I need a little time. I will take it slow this weekend.

One thing could be to disable the trader...

Gatherer

Can we talk about firewood? How about a factory to produce batteries for heating the houses?

Starting woodcutters could give little so colonists would be forced to switch to batteries instead. Perhaps the converter idea could come handy here. Mineral extractor could produce more than one item and one of them would be used in making the batteries.

Just a thought. :)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Quote from: Gatherer on October 30, 2021, 03:30:51 PM
Can we talk about firewood? How about a factory to produce batteries for heating the houses?

Starting woodcutters could give little so colonists would be forced to switch to batteries instead. Perhaps the converter idea could come handy here. Mineral extractor could produce more than one item and one of them would be used in making the batteries.

Just a thought. :)

Well now. I like the idea, but I am not sure I want to add batteries as fuel.
It could be worth a try to reduce deforestation.
If this works out, we get building materials and fuel from the soil.
Endless production.  It is tempting.

More voices?

I also want input on the building requirements. Now I have wood, wood alloy, and glass
in most buildings. Maybe I should skip wood, and only use wood with the Extractor?

kid1293

Say thanks to @Abandoned for solving the trader problem.  :) :)
I was against it at first, but I saw no other possibility.

Here you have the Mothership. Either landed or crashed, as ghosted deco.
It is big enough to cover part of the river entrance. The trader looks like
he is coming from the Mothership.

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on October 30, 2021, 11:23:17 PMI also want input on the building requirements. Now I have wood, wood alloy, and glass
in most buildings. Maybe I should skip wood, and only use wood with the Extractor?

Planetbase game uses bioplastic as one of building materials. It is produced from starch.

Other materials could be: titanium/titanium alloy, graphene, silicon

You could also retexture the round greenhouse from the Fairy Tale mod. I think it would fit perfectly in a space colony setting.
Fiat panis.

kid1293

Never mind the Planetbase game, but starch... It makes me think.
I could use grass fibers as an alternative to wood.
Input grass and some soil - output Wood Alloy?
I could have both as an input to be safe.

I am thinking about greenhouses. Actually one of my first thoughts.
I have an idea, but the greenhouses will be huge.

I have made so much. I will be short of space (sorry for the joke) :)
There is a limit to how large mods I can upload.
I have already divided the mod in two. Start and Houses.
The Start will have start conditions, trees, terrain, and clothes.
Maybe I will add a climate like NoSnow.

If things will be too much, I make a separate deco. Could save a few MB.

This is big. Basically, everything has to be built new.

More coffee ;D

Abandoned

:) Mother Ship or supply ship looks good, I like it.  A second one could be placed at the other end of the river for the return trip.

What about iron processed into steel for building material - I always think metal when I think space.

Another thought, maybe consider a space ship that is a boarding house (free-to-build) and a flag that is the nomad attractor.  It will take awhile to process materials and build housing.

When I think space, I think two climates - far out in space too cold or too hot closer to the sun.  All snow, no snow

kid1293

galensgranny

The trader is fabulous!  Great idea!
Regarding building materials, I didn't notice stone on your lists, Kid.  There would be rocks around.

taniu

@kid1293  ;D ;D ;D Mother ship - super, I send  messages if something matches your project - I will be happy, but if not -then nothing will happen too Ok - I wrote a little ;D :-[
I was thinking a bit about greenhouses, I found various information about the establishment of a greenhouse in space or on the Moon, Mars. - I am sending various photos - maybe you can match something ????
greenhouse name - bio-sphere, bio-farm, hydro-farm, orbital greenhouse, greenhouse facilities, agricultural caps, etc.? other names?
greenhouse - 1.lighting - sun rays? solar panels? artificial light - LED illuminators?
2.Hydroponics - no soil, replacing bark, cotton wool, burnt clay - conditioner, - nutritional microelements, minerals, etc.
biofilters, - by means of which it is possible to process biodegradable waste into ready-to-use fertilizer for plant cultivation
curiosity
3. MOSS - AS A NATURAL SOURCE OF ELECTRICITY
Swiss designer Fabienne Felder has worked with Paolo Bombelli and Ross Dennis of the University of Cambridge to develop a way to use plants as "biological solar panels".

Connection method - 2 things:
Aquaponics
Aquaponics refers to any system that combines conventional aquaculture (rearing aquatic animals such as snails, fish, crayfish and shrimps in tanks) with hydroponics (growing plants in water) in a symbiotic environment. Regards

kid1293

Thanks @taniu
I decided to take a break now. I have been at this around the clock.

One thing I see clearly in your pictures - Many buildings are made from
the same material. I have chosen to have some variations and colors.

It will maybe not be a real space mod. Banished has too many limitations.
But at least it is a fantasy mod with a space theme.

kid1293

Hi again!

A good coffee break and I have thought about what
@Abandoned @Gatherer and @taniu said...

Here is the result. It is major work on this!
Absolutely a spacier feeling :)

I will see if I can get other buildings to connect. They are not built with that in mind.
Many buildings work best separately.

taniu

@kid1293  ;D ;D ;D Wow !!! Cool - You're great - If these are greenhouses - they came out fantastic, can you add to these greenhouses - a water greenhouse with fish or - with seafood ???? I know Banished is limited - but it's still a great game, and you are its wizard.  I been considering a body of water - water extraction or some other form of water recovery by filtering? Name - STALINA.? :-[ ;) Regards

Gatherer

Love the way it looks! Definitely correct aproach imo.
Fiat panis.