News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jamie's Monastery v 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, October 11, 2014, 05:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I have played a couple of more years.

First I temporarily put 4 monks to work for a year. As I thought they produced about the same as if only one is working (28 books=7 each).

Than I improved the conditions (built one house directly next to the monastery and also an ugly little market close. Now I have had a production of 10 three years in a row. There is also enough raw materials, so I think that is so about the highest as you can get.

Connecting library with the books----- not a bad idea ......... BUT

Should we really put you precious books in the library with that roof? Seeing all that snow on the floor in winter I suppose it will be soaking when it rains in summer. ;)  :P

RedKetchup

so 28 books x 400G = 11200 G (trade value for 4 citizens.... isnt a bit too much ?) but also we cant build 4-5 of these, only 1 monastery ! What you think ?

edit : Bah maybe not. still ok as numbers
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 16, 2014, 09:53:31 AM
so 28 books x 400G = 11200 G (trade value for 4 citizens.... isnt a bit too much ?) but also we cant build 4-5 of these, only 1 monastery ! What you think ?

That´s right, but so does 4-5 brewers, if the conditions are good, and here you can built another 200 if you like.

I wouldn´t mind if the booksa are valuable.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on October 16, 2014, 09:49:31 AM
Should we really put you precious books in the library with that roof? Seeing all that snow on the floor in winter I suppose it will be soaking when it rains in summer. ;)  :P

all the buildings are the same, it s just cause ... you dont see inside the Luke's building ^^ all wooden house and all stone house have snow inside too ^^

Nilla

came to think about one thing we discussed before;

Maybe it is not so good to connect the limit for books (or seedlings) to food. I suppose the tradesmen than would think it is food and the resource tradesman will not take it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on October 16, 2014, 10:24:00 AM
came to think about one thing we discussed before;

Maybe it is not so good to connect the limit for books (or seedlings) to food. I suppose the tradesmen than would think it is food and the resource tradesman will not take it.
the limits have their own numbers/parameters.

even if i ve put 'tools' as limit, books arent a tool, they are textiles.
but about the limit, there isnt a 'textile limit' and i need to put something in the UI.... so... i ll put food and i ll just hide it. it will still  be a textile for the merchants.

slink

Make it use the clothing limit and let everyone go nude.   ;D

Alfreddie

Denis de la Rive

Just tried it today, and with two monks got 16 a year at first then 18, so it works nicely for me, after a few years I have 80 books in stock, I also saw traders showing up with them. If you link it to the library, then you should change both the production and the value, so we can buy them before we produce them, that way the library can be used earlier in the game. I think it works just fine this way, and dose not interfere with the paper, ink, and blueprints in fountain 1.54, keep it like this. If you want to balance the game some, you should review the production rate of saplings, that way books would become more valuable to buy things like seeds. What I can say is the mod work with all the good mods I use, can't say for the cheats, I don't use them. ;)

RedKetchup

Denis de la Rive

Now with 4 monks I get 46 books in a year! :)

assobanana76

if it were not for those covers leather ....
I'll not use it, unless with future updates, you introduce wine and herbs or spices ...
however very nice!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

michaelrym

I'd like to vote for decreased production and price.

I believe that back in the Middle Ages, it took a skilled monk about a year to produce a single book. If you cut production in your mod accordingly, then a single book should be worth quite a lot, 800 trade units feels about right.

But if you're going to have them churning out books at the present rate, the price should be cut to 200 units tops.

Bobbi

Consider the fact that you can only have one monastery, though. It is not as if you can spam them, you will still need to create some other trade of value for larger pops.

michaelrym

I think we may be losing focus here. This game is about survival. If one can produce a surplus for trade, fine. But the way the mods are going, the game's being turned into a money-making machine. And there isn't even any money in the game!

I have read elsewhere an argument that it is stupid to make ale from wheat because it is a 'money-losing' proposition, or some such nonsense. The only currency that exists in-game is time. If it costs less time to cultivate wheat than fruit, then why not make ale from wheat?

So what's the argument here? There can only be one monastery but we want to make tons of money from the books, so let's set the production high? That's pure greed talking.

Same goes for the new trading mod (Jamie's?). It essentially increases the trading value of basic goods. What's the point? It's not enough to make the little people thrive, you gotta make them rich, too - is that it?

Changes like that threaten to completely obliterate the original character of the game.