News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Town Hall no longer available in new game

Started by Maidenspear, June 01, 2015, 07:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidenspear

I've taken all the mods out, and just tried a new start with vanilla game, no luck. I don't know what I did to cause this.  Has anyone had this happen before?

A Nonny Moose

Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

RedKetchup

how you did that ?

simply by taking out all mods from folder ?
did you unchecked them all before taking them out ?
or are still there in the folder but just unchecked ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maidenspear

the game version is 104

i didn't take the mods out of the folder, i just unchecked them all to test if the TH would come back into a new game.  I have saved games that the town hall still works in.  i'm not sure what the heck could have happened.

Do you think taking the mods out of the windata folder would help?

RedKetchup

ok, i found often that mods that stay in the folder even if not in use it can interfere.

since they all unchecked, go to your folder and create a folder there, and click & drag and put all you mods inside (make sure to not move the game data files^^)
then start the game and check in mod section. should be none.
then exit the game, dont start nothing.

restart the game again, start a new city. and then check if your townhall is there
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maidenspear

well, i did what you suggested, but townhall is still greyed out.  Do i need to be a certain population to build that, or is my game totally messed up now?

rkelly17

The TH should be available from the very beginning. You may need to reinstall the game.

irrelevant

There are two "Town Hall" buttons. Are you getting them confused?

One is on the "Tools and Reports" bar (F2), to access the town hall statistics after you have built your town hall. This button is greyed out if you haven't yet built a town hall.

The other is on the "Town Services" bar (F6), this one is used to build the town hall.

Maidenspear

omg, i'm such an idiot! I was looking on the worker bar and not the city one....good grief .... boy talk about short term memory loss.

Thanks very much for helping me get that straightened out.  Now i'll just put all my mods back in and get back into the game :)

irrelevant

A Nonny Moose

Glad you have recovered.  Sometimes standing among the trees it is hard to see the forest.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

rkelly17

Quote from: Maidenspear on June 01, 2015, 09:29:51 AM
omg, i'm such an idiot! I was looking on the worker bar and not the city one....good grief .... boy talk about short term memory loss.

Thanks very much for helping me get that straightened out.  Now i'll just put all my mods back in and get back into the game :)

Glad you're good to go--and believe me, we've all done worse. I'm pretty sure I have, though I'm having trouble remembering . . . .  ;D