News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Linen Production - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, May 30, 2016, 04:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

OK, I changed "int _seedChance" of flax to 25 and of oats to 60, and what I saw? Very few oats and large amount of flax! So it really seams to be that this parameter works vice versa, though it is hard to believe. But now I know how to balance their number. Just some more testing needed.

tanypredator

@kid1293, thank you very much! So maybe my guess about "int _seedChance" is not right. Then I'll test new parameters for 2-3 years to check for changes.

kid1293

25 and 60. OK
I can run a few years too.

tanypredator

I'm going to set 40 and 40 for my next test. I don't want the gatherer to get only 92 oats per year :)

Tilleen

It may be that the parameter is 1 in x, so 1 in 25 is more likely than 1 in 60.

Tom Sawyer

I think @Tilleen is right. It's 1 of 25 or whatever. In the same way Luke defines chances of other things in the game (tornado, sickness etc.).

Actually I suggest to cancel the "wild flax" and to make a crop plant. But if you want the wild flax, you could take the setting of the other wild plants for a stable amount. Disable the reseeding function. It's not needed and complicates the problem.

The amount of wool on a 10x10 sheep pasture is 24. So you are right, but i think there is no maturing. In this relation your idea to make 40 clothes from a flax field would be well balanced in my opinion. Because the sheep produce a lot of food in addition.

tanypredator

kid1293

Tilleen and Tom is right.
It's the inverse of the value.
first I had seedChance to 5 and ran 5 years - a lot of flax and oats
the seedChance to 85 and ran 5 years - much less of both
There were variations but you can clearly see the difference.

I used the same map-seed for both runs.

Including screenshots in zip-file

Edit: Keep the wild flax and rename source files to 'Wild Flax' - then you're
free to do what you want without collision with any other.

tanypredator

@kid1293, thank you!

Quote from: kid1293 on June 02, 2016, 02:34:21 AM
Edit: Keep the wild flax and rename source files to 'Wild Flax' - then you're
free to do what you want without collision with any other.

That is almost what I was going to do :)

liberty152

Ok I have an idea for you. How about a small game hunter?

tanypredator

@liberty152, @kid1293 has already made one :)

But after I finish with my plants, I'm going to try adding new animals (certainly birds as wood grouse, then maybe hares and foxes if I could understand making animation). And for them I'll make small hunters :)

liberty152

tanypredator

@liberty152, oh! That is my bad english :-[ I thought "small game hunter" means "small building for a hunter that is in game".

liberty152

No I mean a hunting shack for small animals such as rabbits, pheasants, geese or wild turkeys and  squirrels.

tanypredator

This is a big work (except maybe some bird made from chickens), I want to make that, but not soon.