News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Linen Production - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, May 30, 2016, 04:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liberty152

You do great work. I'm excited to see all you come up with.

tanypredator

DesoPL

I maked one adintional test.

I puted again mod up the CC and wild flax is grows but not many and when Winter comes, is vanishes like crops on fields.

tanypredator

@DesoPL, I made it to vanish, because it would be strange to have flowers at winter. They must grow again at spring, but that usually occurs at late spring. Still I have had more than enough in my tests. How few were the flowers? Have you gathered them?

DesoPL

Once per spring season, they gathered 54 flax, but later 20 - 30.

tanypredator

@DesoPL, thank you for testing. It was intended that 1 gatherer would gather about 80-100 flax per year, and I've even decreased it slightly in the current "New Flora" mod. So 20-30 per spring is ok (there must be much more at the end of summer), or do you mean that it was per year?

I'm close to finish with my wild roses, then I am going to update "Linen Production". So I can take into account your suggestions.

tanypredator

I'm sorry, @DesoPL, I've found my mistake. I'm not familiar with Fahrenheit, and flax were too cold-loving - they didn't grow at about 30 degrees C. Also I'll try to make them more abundunt - maybe that will improve the situation with second year and further, when the amount of plants decreases 2-fold. In my last test I had 120 and 80 at first year and only 50 and 70 in second.

DesoPL

Is fine but i encountered wierd bug? I mean not sure if is bug.

I got both new flora and linen production mods activated, they work both fine or not?

tanypredator

@DesoPL, I don't think they will work together. New flora contains linen, and it uses the same trees to spawn plants. I'm testing a new version of new flora now (to include wild roses), it will include corrected linen too.

liberty152

does this update have all 3 of your mods?

tanypredator

@liberty152, yes it will have all 3 (I haven't uploaded it yet). And I think that this combination I'll leave as a separate file (but include new plants in the main New flora), because other plants must be compatible between each other.

In my test yesterday I had very few plants, so testing will take some time to adjust their amount and yield.

kid1293

Hi! :)

Are you going to have separate gatherers for each plant?

tanypredator

@kid1293, I am glad that you asked that, I just wanted to ask for advice. At the moment there are separate buildings, but it cannot go further that way. I have to make them separately to upload separate mods, but not in the pack. But I'm not sure how exactly it should be. One building for everything (probably except for flax)? One building for all new wild foods? Or how?

Also I think about includind the functions of Cold Realism and Busy Laborers into at least one version of New Flora, but this version would be not compatible with many other mods.

kid1293

@tanypredator - It's your choice.

Have flax on it's own.

How many wild food do you plan?
If more than 4 maybe you can group them
and have 'specialized' gatherers.  :-\
(berries / grain and so on...)

I don't know anything about Cold Realism.
Sounds like something @Tom Sawyer can
give you advice on.

Do you have the source for Busy Laborers ?
If not, you have to check in mod list and the
small button with  _  on it.

This pictures tells about his resources but
I don't know what he has written.
Maybe you can figure out a way to copy/rename
game resource files and avoid a collision ?
A lot of files but you know it's possible.

Most of his code seems to have his own resource-
files so you just name yours different.