Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idle Work Team

Quote from: Darkbibou on April 11, 2015, 08:35:57 AM
Quote from: purringcat on April 10, 2015, 09:46:10 AM
Really love your mod.    It gives a nice boost to starting meat and animal skins.    I used to skip the hunter because his stats were so low.   
Also fun to see the animals wandering around the town.   When the animals disappear from the map (in the hunter's circle), does that mean
they're hunted to extinction?       

I'm glad that you like it :)

Animal moves so they can leave the hunting area of a given hunting cabin.

It does not necessarily mean that they have all been killed.

Quote from: 740483071 on April 11, 2015, 02:47:34 AM
Really love your mod,I want to get the TreeOfLifeStingTable.rsc file from you so that I can translate it into Chinese to let more Chinese people use your MOD!

I will send you a download link by private message :)

Thank you for your help.I have translated it and added it into my new "translation" mod.We look forward to your other new mods.

chillzz

@Darkbibou of course i could translate WIP in Dutch too, like i did with the redketchup mods.

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Darkbibou

Quote from: chillzz on April 13, 2015, 04:32:07 PM
@Darkbibou of course i could translate WIP in Dutch too, like i did with the redketchup mods.

Ok, I'll send you the link too :)

Darkbibou

chillzz

@Darkbibou i've completed the dutch translation, only thing missing is the package string table for your mod description.

And i've noticed something :
at start of the game, citizens will eat the 'wild' fruits and meats, but as game progresses and you have orchards and pastures, citizens will prefer food from orchards/pastures above the wild variety.  I've got barns full of 'wild' food they will not take.

nor would a production building that takes fruit or meat as resource use the wild foods.. this of course is logical, since it's actually is a different kind of food.

RedKetchup

when they go to a barn, they go to the closest one, and if there is 1 variety of food inside that one... they will take 1 kind onle, they wont make errants at all the barns to get more variety. this is why markets are the 'food variety mixer' so when a citizen go pick up food they take 10x 10 food instead of just 1x 100 :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

well, the town has many many markets and stores now, (orginal game, elfecutioner and @RedKetchup new medieval ;) with max workers per market/store ) and even then the 'wild' varieties stay at huge numbers (build up from previous years) when they rather pick the other ones picked from fields/orchards/pastures.

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on April 22, 2015, 04:13:37 PM
well, the town has many many markets and stores now, (orginal game, elfecutioner and @RedKetchup new medieval ;) with max workers per market/store ) and even then the 'wild' varieties stay at huge numbers (build up from previous years) when they rather pick the other ones picked from fields/orchards/pastures.

you arent over producing those wild food ? do you have a screenshot of a market ? and maybe 5-6 house inventory sample ?

chillzz

sure, was already doing some screenshots.. will add those in a minute :)

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 22, 2015, 04:17:00 PM
you arent over producing those wild food ? do you have a screenshot of a market ? and maybe 5-6 house inventory sample ?
Actually ~ 116000 food production per year, for 1060 citizens...
mixed gatherer, hunter, orchard, field, pasture.

4 gathering huts, 4 hunter cabins ('original' [ToL] in this case, not the new medieval ones)

so i don't think it's over production of 'Wild' foods.

in this picture you see the medieval fruit vendor, having stocked both regular as wild varieties.
houses do have wild varieties, but less then others. 
i.e. Apple was 28 vs Wild apple 5 from 1 market run. when i pressed screenshot only 13 apples left, while still 3 wild apples.

maybe it's coincidence and they'll pick everything equally... but since i don't have taverns running for alcohol the apples are all used for food. production of orchard apple is 3/4x the amount of wild apples.. yet i've got more wild apples left then regular.

RedKetchup

i ve checked all your screenshots... i think the numbers are ok. maybe the drop rates and killing are maybe high for the number of building you have, but i still have the impression that your citizens are eating them. keep an eye on the houses inventory if they pick up some and when they eat, if these wild go down :)

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 22, 2015, 05:54:53 PM
i ve checked all your screenshots... i think the numbers are ok. maybe the drop rates and killing are maybe high for the number of building you have, but i still have the impression that your citizens are eating them. keep an eye on the houses inventory if they pick up some and when they eat, if these wild go down :)
yes that is my assumption as well, since in the early game i only had 'wild' foods.. and they are eaten like crazy ;)
the city has now 1440 citizens and food is dropping steadily.. now they pick up more 'wild'  too, because all the others are gone.

but it looks like the bannies have slight preference for different kind of foods when available.
i've got fish stocked 9999 in tradeport for barter against other food.. because they hardly touch it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on April 22, 2015, 06:29:53 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 22, 2015, 05:54:53 PM
yes that is my assumption as well, since in the early game i only had 'wild' foods.. and they are eaten like crazy ;)
the city has now 1440 citizens and food is dropping steadily.. now they pick up more 'wild'  too, because all the others are gone.

but it looks like the bannies have slight preference for different kind of foods when available.
i've got fish stocked 9999 in tradeport for barter against other food.. because they hardly touch it.

if they can have some prefenrence... it can be a flag thing... i dont see picking a fruit over another fruit cause they like it more apple... i dont see

Darkbibou

@chillzz:

Here is the description string for version 1.0:

QuoteThis mod allows all livestocks to live in the wild and all types of fruit trees to grow in clusters on the map.

Concerning your consumption problem:

I don't know if there is a way to tell the citizen to consume a specific resource instead of another, I never looked into it ^^

RedKetchup

there is not any way to consume a specific resource instead of another