News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gather our forces!

Started by kid1293, April 01, 2017, 10:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

I agree that the list while not crazy huge can contain up to about 10 - 15 wishes from the community?

We cannot expect he will do them all anyway, if any that is.
On the other hand if he is about done with Banished we not getting anything anyway, besides maybe a bug fix, so it does not matter if the list contains 3 or 15 items :)

Yes his port to Linux/Mac takes a long time but I think he is working on his newer engine too for the new game.

He seems to shuffle a bit from one project to the other at times he get bored with the one he is working on I read sometime.
That is where he can maybe still go over the code for Banished.

We will never know if he read the forums unless he tells us.

If he does he will see that we have a very nice and very talented community in all shapes and forms, like modders, testers, players, screenshot takers, and a very civil community I must say. While not trying to stand on a pedestal here but I doubt without the Modders and the community Banished would not be as successful as it still is currently.

Luke surely can be proud of his creation. Now it is up to him to keep it going.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 10, 2017, 03:15:40 PM
Quote from: kid1293 on April 10, 2017, 02:06:51 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 10, 2017, 09:36:06 AM
i wish there is a way to make water :(

Did you add RiverMaterial?

i dunno, a long time ago. i played with things that supposely added water to the map but dont remember exactly what it was

so what we want me to do with this river/rivermaterial ? assign it to a .png like foliage ? cause that i just tried : crash.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 10, 2017, 03:37:29 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 10, 2017, 03:15:40 PM
Quote from: kid1293 on April 10, 2017, 02:06:51 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 10, 2017, 09:36:06 AM
i wish there is a way to make water :(

Did you add RiverMaterial?

i dunno, a long time ago. i played with things that supposely added water to the map but dont remember exactly what it was

so what we want me to do with this river/rivermaterial ? assign it to a .png like foliage ? cause that i just tried : crash.

Too bad, that was all I could think of. But you certainly did a good job making those canals.

kid1293

Another attempt. Sent today (April 12)
If this does not work I do not know what to do!

Hi!

We, people at the World of Banished forum, have been wishing
for you to be more active and participate now and then.
It would mean the world if you could drop by sometime and maybe
straighten things out. We are often in the dark about functions
and calls we can make with the modkit.

For example - How do we use the modkit to add seeds, usually obtained from the trader?
We have thoughts about gathering seeds from wild plants for later cultivation.
Or for that matter a shop which specializes in seeds.

Is it at all possible to create areas of water (ponds, canals...)
with function and look like the water which is created at the start of a new map?

And, of course, more advanced functions which demands you to write new code.
Buildings consume goods to function.
More slots for building material.
One or two more clothing levels.
Better happiness system. Now it barely works.
A better storage with possibility to customize what/how much is stored in different barns/stockpiles.
A little like the trading post, but available to people.

Aesthetic improvement - Better zoom with possibility to tilt camera and watch skyline.
A horse and cart for that heavy load. (And eye-candy)

We don't have the money to bribe you. :)
And we will absolutely not bully you.
We can only beg.

Respectfully /Kid

Abandoned

Very nice letter @kid, hopefully it will get a reply.  You did leave out added sound.  I remember reading on Black Liquid forum a while back someone was looking into that, maybe @kralyerg , so maybe hope for that without Luke's help.  I thought of something else I will post under suggestions.  good job

tanypredator

Hello! I've thought about the same things for some time - since I've get back to Banished. Few things to say.
My main point is that all this 10 new limits are useless, as for me, without new needs.

1) What about just one more necessary food type - fats/oils? For the pure game it may be attributed to nuts, maybe fish and meat.

2) New house needs! I would suggest water as a necessary resource, like firewood. For some other things there are two problems - what exactly need they would fulfill? And how to implement them not making the beginning of the game too hard? I think it would be great if they just give some bonuses, for example, one to decrease food consumption (pottery, spices) and one to decrease fuel consumption (furniture, linen). I'm not sure though if that is possible and if that is the best variant.

3) One more material, that would vanish at summer (not at winter) but not move at wind - that way modders maybe could make people and animals to change clothes/fur.

4) And I double the request for explanation of animation, especially for blender users.

kid1293

So good to see you back Tany! Been missing you!

Personally I agree, there are way too many resources now. But we have made them,
now we have to live with them.
House needs, yes that would go well together with needs production buildings.
I don't think changing food/fuel consumption is possible in-game. That would require
some sort of script to work. Luke has not implemented any scripts.

And yes, I still experiment with animation now and then. :) No luck.

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on April 13, 2017, 01:44:20 AM
I don't think changing food/fuel consumption is possible in-game. That would require
some sort of script to work. Luke has not implemented any scripts.

Look, people can work without tools, though very slowly, better with tools, isn't it the right mechanics? Well, water can be made food type too, furniture can be made a construction material, but what about pottery? New specific use for it would be great. One more possible use - to increase house storage capacity.

kid1293

Just made a test with Blender. Imported figtree.fbx - exported figtree_edit.fbx.
I didn't do anything.
The size went from 53kb to 216kb! Blender certainly has a strange import/export of fbx.

edit - the exported fbx didn't compile.

tanypredator

I've tried it many times. It increases some stupid stuff in "Data-blocks" -> "actions" if I remember right. It has something to do with export parameters, there is a tab "animations" with several flags, but none of their combinations gave the same file size as the original model. And none of them worked.

kid1293

I can't afford 3DS Max. But someone with access to it could do the same test.
Import figtree.fbx -> export directly. Try to compile and see if it's error free.

I have a suspicion that Luke used his own parameters when building animations.
His way of treating a chicken does not look like anything else.

...even Kralyerg and ShockPuppet have trouble WITH 3DS Max.

tanypredator

As a matter of fact, I've got it (a chicken) to compile. It just looked and moved ugly, very ugly. I'll try to find this draft.

tanypredator

Well, here it is. It was just a quick experiment, so a texture is plain, but the model have turned into something monstrous.

I think my export parameters were not including "baked animation", but I'm not sure.

kid1293

Sorry, been away.
Just tested your bird. Hmmm, very ... alien. :)
Whatever. It is moving. More than I could make.
A good try and a bit on the way.

I'll check more when I'm not so occupied.
Got trouble with internet connection too... used to be good.

RedKetchup

personally i suspect Luke is doing his animations with Maya or SoftImage.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .