News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

This problem has been dogging me the last couple of towns. Workers idling, or acting as laborers when they have professional work to do.

Here you see all four of my vendors idling while the market is at 63%. When they finish idling, one of them might resume working as a vendor, while the others will go off into the forest and pick up after the gatherers.

The tailor has plenty to do. But he prefers being off in the forest gathering resources with the slacking vendors. I've never noticed anything like this until the last couple of towns.

irrelevant

He's doing this to spite me. He's standing right in front of his job, idling. >:(

irrelevant

Someone else became tailor. It says she's working, but she's just standing there, has been for some time.

She went home to get something to eat. Now she's just standing there in front of her house, "working".

irrelevant

And now something new. The new tailor went inside her shop to do her work, and instantly became homeless. Her home is at upper left, with her husband Ally the farmer. Their child also is now homeless. Something weird is going on at the tailor shop. But at least she working! ;)

But when she leaves to go do anything, like get something to eat, after that she will just go someplace and idle.

irrelevant

Now this person is trapped inside the tailor shop. I had fake demolished it, he went inside to pick up the inventory, and now he can't get back out.

irrelevant

I for real demolished the tailor, and now I'm building it again. Here you can see the builders inside the building, working on it. This is not right, they are supposed to be out front on the roadway apron. There is something wrong with this building. I wonder whether there is a similar issue with the market.

I'm done with this for now, I'm going to go outside and stack firewood (IRL). ;)

MarkAnthony

Your Tailor issues is something I get to look forward to as well I suppose. I'm still waiting on a Trader to bring me Glass and Lumber. I've had quite a few Livestock Traders; bought Chickens and Sheep, Wheat Seeds from the Seed Trader, some Tin Ore actually and some more Tools and Textiles/Fabrics. On year 22 now... biding my time.

Don't need IRL firewood in August in Arizona. Come on down, the heat is horrible!  :P
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

Thought I'd try building the tailor in a different location. No luck, the builders are building in the wrong spot here too. Maybe I'll just sell all the leather and textiles, and buy coats instead.

@MarkAnthony tempting, I hate winter so much.

MarkAnthony

I noticed your Tailor appears to be butt up against another building, have you tried spacing it out? I know there are two doors in front and like you are probably expecting they are likely to get stuck inside again once it's built completely. Maybe I don't know. Try building one that has plenty of space all around it if you haven't already.

I'm still dealing with my Blacksmith issues. My fourth Blacksmith does nothing, whatsoever. He crashed me for the second time on being built. I loaded an auto-save from just before that. After the building was built, I left it alone for almost a whole year. Then I tried assigning him. That seemed to work, he didn't crash me that time but he never does anything. He never gets materials no matter what job recipe I ask him to do. I got plenty of materials close by but he ignores them.

If I click on the button to find the worker, sure... he's listed as "working" or "picking up resources" but it sure isn't for his job building. And in case you are wondering, it's been several years now since I asked any Laborers to do any collecting or gathering so he isn't stuck in that kind of cycle.

This fourth Blacksmith has done squat for the last four/five years now - I think it's been that long; sure feels like it.

irrelevant

It isn't next to a building, there's a road in between. The first one was the same.

irrelevant

Built a town hall instead.

@RedKetchup maybe too many juniper berries? ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 25, 2019, 12:25:08 PM
Just got my second fatal exception error for the game. The first crash happened immediately after my third Blacksmith was built and I just went to assign it a worker. This second crash also happened on the Blacksmith after I built the fourth one. This time I was able to assign it a worker but then eight seconds later the crash happened.

definitively, i will need to call the entire blacksmith file. Allowing other mods to go mess something, it is inacceptable ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 25, 2019, 05:48:25 PM

definitively, i will need to call the entire blacksmith file. Allowing other mods to go mess something, it is inacceptable ^^
Not sure if you are upset or if this was directed at me or not but I am not using any other mods other than UI mods for toolbars and music. My ModMan profile is listed in your Mod thread.

Hey Irrelevant, do you know if a trader will ever bring Iron Bars? I'm short 8 for building the Town Hall. I got everything else built in game except for the Mine, Tavern and Town Hall.  The text description for the Mine says it will mine Iron and Coal but I never tried building it yet because I thought maybe Red removed all Iron from the game and that was just left-over text.

EDIT: I guess I will just try and build a Mine and see if Iron still comes from there.

EDIT AGAIN: Yeah, we can mine Iron from the Mine still. It's only taken 32 years but I'm finally going to get my Town Hall built! Woot!  :P Just need 7 more Iron bars!

RedKetchup

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 25, 2019, 06:57:20 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on August 25, 2019, 05:48:25 PM

Not sure if you are upset or if this was directed at me or not

haha not upset at all ^^
i written a double pair of ^^ as smily. it represent someone is crying cause he is laughing ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Good to know Red, thanks.   ;D

Okay, so I finally got my Town Hall, took 33 years actually! What a tremendously painful wait for me that was!

From the looks of it I actually didn't do that bad; I'm slightly ahead on homes but that's because while the last few hammer strikes were hitting the Town Hall I just had a few old age die offs.  If you look in my Status window in the bottom left you will see I am quite below on my food surplus. I didn't have a population spurt or anything... nahh...just... another... Tornado! Woohoo!   ::) It took out a couple of Storage Barns and a group of Crop Fields.

I'm hangin' in there though.  Only thing I have yet to build is a Tavern. And you know what? I have played Banished since June 14, 2019 (says so under my name to the left, so it must be true!  8) ;D ) and I have never once built a Tavern or Ale House or anything of the sort. I will tonight though! Or maybe tomorrow morning. A 33 year wait to get a Town Hall made me pooped!  I need a break from the game tonight.