News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonbelf

@MarkAnthony That's quite a prosperous town you have there! Lower Nile definitely has advantages especially when it comes to terrain :)

I'm in yr 14, have a TH, TP, marketplace, cemetery (waiting on mats for chapel), stone quarry and moved the forester a bit further out to make room on flat terrain for other buildings and am building a 2nd forester.

Built a 2nd blacksmith and as soon as it was done and I clicked on the pinned building, the game crashed. Loaded save from 5 min before and everything was ok when blacksmith was done.

Flat tool: OMG what a shock it was when I simply did 1 line in the hill LOL! The ummm "hole" isn't what I expected hahaha! Also what are those grey rock/boulders to the right of that hill? Limestone? I tried every collection possibility and can't gather it.

MarkAnthony

Lol - I guess that's gonna be the new Banie Garbage Dump!  :D

Just be careful where you point that thing will ya?!  Yikes!  You're dangerous! Muahahaha!   :P

Oh you know what? In the beginning me and Irrelevant were pretty scarce on trees too. I was like.. "uhm... where'd all the trees go?!"  lol  I don't know how many Foresters Irrelevant has right now or at the start but I didn't have my first Forester until about year 14 I think? After I fleshed the area out removing all the junk I let four Forester employees just plant, plant, plant for about 3 or 4 years. That one Forester location with four employees sustained me until year 30 when I decided to build another.

I built it for no other reason than just because I moved to the edge of the map to build that Mine and I already had a massive area full of trees there. So I just plopped a second one down for good measure.  I actually need to build about five more Wood Cutters now since I've been buying so much stuff via the Trade Ports my Fab-Five Wood Cutters are starting to fall behind. My Trade Ports are not getting stocked to the quotas I set anymore. My one original Forester kept those five Wood Cutters supplied - easily! Now it's time for more!

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

moonbelf

LOL at me being dangerous :P That hole is where all the wandered off bannies fall in who aren't doing what they're supposed to  ;D

Did you have a lot of trees to start with? I didn't so a forester was a must. Cutting down trees around my town made the place look very bare right away.

MarkAnthony

Nah I didn't have many near me, not where I started at. I saw them off in the distance a bit but more like a really, REALLY, thinned out wanna-be forest. I had them chop a few stragglers here and there and I used Red's new removal button Remove Wild Things? I think it was to get some Firewood before I had my first Wood Cutter up and running.

Nah, I really didn't send the Banies after trees very much, I think four or five times at the most and when I did send them it was just like a 2in x 3in area on screen -- nothing too large that they'd get stuck doing that and not their normal jobs. Mostly I got my logs from just plopping down buildings everywhere and them clearing the land.

I forgot to mention, my Fab-Five Wood Cutters survived off of Fodder-Thatch for their first 15 years or so of employment. Again, just stuff collected from clearing building spots. After I got my first "Out of Resources" icon over one of them I switched three of the five to making Firewood from Logs. I had five 6x8 Stock Piles full of 100% Logs near those three that I switched.

Why so may Logs?  I completely forgot about using them!!! Once an RK-Vanilla Wood Cutter is built it automatically starts making Firewood from Fodder-Thatch. So it was basically like set-and-forget. I built them and never looked at them again. All the while I'm getting frustrated by so many Logs everywhere and having to build about a dozen+ Stock Piles to make room for other stuff. And then after I saw my first "Out of Resources" icon over a Wood Cutter I was like DOH! Duhhh..!!! I totally forgot I could make Firewood from Logs too!  :-[ ::) hehe!                 

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on August 25, 2019, 08:56:23 PM
... Also what are those grey rock/boulders to the right of that hill? Limestone? I tried every collection possibility and can't gather it.
I didn't see this part of your message.

I don't know. What I do know though is that in some game maps I've played - I don't recall whether they were Red's maps, or Discrepancy's maps or CC Terrains or maybe it happened on all three of them - but I occasionally see rock out-croppings that cannot be gathered by any means. I figured it was more of a decorative aspect of the map making.

Have you tried the Remove Almost All (tin/copper/stone) button or the new one Red made? I don't know it may just be a decorative thing seeing how big it is and whatnot.

EDIT: Sorry, you said you tried everything you could so it wasn't necessary for me to ask that.

irrelevant

@MarkAnthony sorry to have been non-responsive to your questions, I went to bed early. Now I'm up early, but I can tell you that that "healthy, wealthy, and wise" thing is nonsense.

Yes, the trader will bring Iron (but of course you no longer need it).

A forester was one of the first builds I made, then built a second within 2-3 years, and finally a third one 3-4 years after that. Took a while, but the foresters (and the two gatherers) really ended up carrying the town. Once the circle of the first forester was nicely filled in with trees, I never had to give logs a second thought. Before that though, I definitely was harvesting trees on an ad hoc basis, there were never enough logs for the first few years.

I found that I needed to do a lot of resource harvesting with my laborers. Twenty times at least I must have sent everyone out to harvest a group of tin ore, copper ore, rocks, or trees that were increasingly distant from the town. I kind of enjoyed the micro. And there was a lot of it!

@moonbelf that gray outcropping is definitely something harvestable. I found some on my map, was able to select it for removal with the "harvest resources" tool, #2 on the "removal and destruction" toolbar. It's too far from my town to actually go get it though. But you can see in the image that it has been highlighted for removal. If the description of the "collect almost all" button is accurate, it is not ore, stone, limestone, sandstone, or meteorite rock.

edit: started a new town for the single purpose of finding out what this stuff is. It's limestone. Sandstone probably looks similar.

Now that I'm looking around the map, the stuff is on hillsides all over the place.

irrelevant

@MarkAnthony @moonbelf did either of you experience problems with your tailor similar to what I described?

RedKetchup

Quote from: moonbelf on August 25, 2019, 08:56:23 PM
Flat tool: OMG what a shock it was when I simply did 1 line in the hill LOL! The ummm "hole" isn't what I expected hahaha! Also what are those grey rock/boulders to the right of that hill? Limestone? I tried every collection possibility and can't gather it.

there is certainly a meteorite at the bottom ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Started another town. Knowing from the start that tin was going to be a problem made it much easier to deal with; I wasn't freaking out about it, I was just collecting what there was around to collect. Didn't get the school made in time, but the two uneducated siblings were stuck together in a house far away from the blacksmith ;D

Also did not build a hunter, rather a fisher, so I don't have to sweat my barn filling up with leather and venison. Fish has worked out much better as the protein source.

Got a TP, 50+ bronze tools, a cemetery, and enough bronze to build a hospital. There's a forester off the map at the top, and a gatherer off the map at the bottom.

irrelevant

@RedKetchup I assume that fodder/thatch spawns next to something else; what is that something? ;)

MarkAnthony

Well, that didn't go as planned, hardly ever does but I keep trying! Damn cats! Four kittens (1.5 yrs old) go nutso/ape shit at the crack of dawn which here was about 5am-ish!  So I'm up early along with you @irrelevant    :o

Quote from: irrelevant on August 26, 2019, 01:14:17 AM@MarkAnthony @moonbelf did either of you experience problems with your tailor similar to what I described?
I expected to based off of what you said, but no I didn't. Maybe I got lucky or maybe it somehow just didn't happen. For me, the Tailor was about the fifth building I placed down at the very start of the game.

I placed the School first since I had a 9yr old and an 8yr old to start with (I'm all for higher edumacation... you understand!  ;) ), (they never did get to school on time but the rest of them did) then the Blacksmith, then a Fishing Dock (I had a super-sweet spot for that, I'll get you a screenshot.), then a Wooden House and then the Tailor only to find out after I placed it down that it needed Lumber. So that Tailor sat there for almost 27 years or so before I finally got the Trade Post built due to my Blacksmith issues  >:( . I had to wait a long time for one of those Traders to come that sold me raw materials. It was like my 10th or 11th Trader I think. Anyhow, maybe because my Tailor sat there for so many years with everything else collected for it except for Lumber, maybe that caused your bug not to happen for me.

Yeah, the pain in the butt for me the entire game was the Blacksmith for sure.  Either crashing on being built (twice) or constant Limit Reached status I had a super-hard time getting anything done. That fourth Blacksmith I built, never ever did anything. I ended up just shutting it down and firing the employee there. He was an ass anyhow, I didn't like him! ME: "Hey you... psst yeah you! Get to work! Go fetch some materials!", HIM: "Nahhhhhhhh, dun' feel like it, do it ursef!" 

Funny really. I couldn't get enough metal at the start and mid-game range but once I got those three Traders up, I bought so many ore and bars I had 522 Bronze 292 Copper Ore (still not Tin or Tin Ore) by the time my Town Hall was built and I could finally get an accurate count of inventory.

EDIT: Here's that screenshot of that great fishing spot I had. I could have used the Flatten Terrain tool to get on to that pointy area but didn't. The screenshot shows only 3 Fisherman but that was at the end of game when I had die offs from old age and I was losing Laborers to that. I stole a Fisherman to make him a Laborer. My four Fisherman were getting over 1,860 fish a year!

MarkAnthony

Okay, like @irrelevant I'm going to start a new map as well. New day, new map! I guess I'll never see a Tavern or Ale House! That was the last item I hadn't built yet, in this last game... or ever!

Maybe one day. I'm certainly old enough for one, 52 years! And I do partake once in a great while.

This will be all the pictures of my areas. Please note I have a poopy computer so I have graphics settings at low and no shadows.  :(   So they won't look nice like yours. And too... I don't do pretty! I just... do. (Meaning I don't build eye-candy towns etc or use decorations)

MarkAnthony

My Town Hall stats windows.

Like I said in one of my last posts last night after I finally got the Town Hall built. I don't think I did that bad in terms of keeping everything balanced without any stats to look at for 33 game years. There were only a couple of things I was slightly below on, everything else was above and beyond what I needed.

MarkAnthony

I'll tell you what though, I sure did miss Red's multi-story housing and his carts!

Can you imagine multi-story pyramids, tip to tip I mean? LOL You know they're coming right? Pyramids? @RedKetchup can't make an Egyptian themed mod without pyramids! And I know... I can almost feel it... I bet he's sweating and cussing and throwing Red-fits trying to get us some HIPPOS!!! Again, can't have the Nile without those darn cute Hippos!

And I still want a chariot! Well I do, but Hippos are more important! He can make his carts look like chariots, I'd be happy with that!

RedKetchup

nan more bad cursing at my stupidity sometime.... i need to fix what i broke yesterday : all the mod itself ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .