News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Rickettsville, a vegetarian experiment

Started by irrelevant, June 30, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Heh-heh, that must be it. Or could be I'm burnt on clearing trees and laying out farms  ;)

Spring 50 - Moving in a new direction.

Screen 1 - this is the old port area, and the oldest remaining forest node. The new feature here is the tunnel on the left.

Screen 2 - this leads to a lake, where I'm going to build a market and a port. Not sure that port will receive merchants, due to the "lake effect," but if not I'll use it to pull construction materials to use in expanding south from there.

Screen 3 - the valley leads from the lake down to the nomads' forest nodes. This will be a much better supply line for them.

Screen 4 - progress at Nomads' Nodes.

RedKetchup

i have very big doubts about your lake TP.

if i clearly understood you, you are starting to be tired to clear and put crops everywhere ? ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

irrelevant

Winter 50 - year 50 was a miserable harvest. I didn't even see what happened, I was too busy with planning expansion and micro-ing trade ports. Normal production for one year is ~120,000, this year was ~80,000. Food inventory dropping from ~200,000 down towards 100,000, will probably head towards 50,000 before next harvest kicks in. Course my thrifty citizens have another 100,000 food in their houses, so there's no real danger.

RedKetchup

OUCH.  :'(  :'(  :'( thats hurts
can you buy some 50k-80k food to compensate ?

Zephormite

Shows the difference between your building of a town and mine, both in year 50, I am lucky to have 50,000 food, and yours is dropping in that direction.

irrelevant

@RedKetchup  I've got 10 TP all buying 10,000-15,000 of plum plus walnut every visit. I'm not really worried, it's back up to 140,000 already in early autumn.

@Zephormite  Last month we did a challenge to get the most farmers, the goal was at least 500, so I've got farms on the brain. Anyway, this is a vegetarian challenge, so I went for maximum farm production.

irrelevant

@RedKetchup  I can't believe it.

Maybe the merchant boat pathing will allow them to make radical turns, but just not to turn back.

Zephormite

irrelevant

I'm just amazed he stopped there. In my last town I had a TP on a lake for years that no merchant ever stopped at. I finally tore it down.

irrelevant

Autumn 53, pop 1297

Going to spread forest markets across the remainder of the map. I may claim some farmland around the edges.

Stopped making iron tools, I was using them for trade; took too many logs. It's a nice early trade good, but wool coats are better once you get enough wool on hand.

RedKetchup

nice. seems to me my very first games i had merchants coming in lakes... but with the seed 1008 i kinda forgot that

irrelevant

Early Summer 56 - forest development moving along, although I have noticed that around pop1200-1300, the worker reassignment engine seemed to become overwhelmed, and builders in particular were no longer being reassigned to jobs that made sense for them. I noticed a few construction projects making no headway, and found that the builders assigned to them were clear on the other side of the map. The only way to cure this was to shut the stuck project down, reduce the number of builders appropriately, unpause long enough for the former builders to be assigned laborer projects, and then restart the project, assigning new builders to it.

Screen 1 - this is a large forest project, on the frontier just north of the Northport manufacturing zone. Having experienced in the 500 farmer challenge how painfully slow building things is when the materials have to be carried in from another area, I decided to build a trader on the landlocked lake here. I assigned traders, set the inventory level to 600 log, 400 stone, 200 iron. As soon as it arrived, I dumped it out on the stockpiles there, shut the TP down and fired the traders. I'll probably never use it again, but it was well worth it for this stockpile.

Screen 2 - the last forest node remaining in Oldtown has been expanded to include another forester/gatherer combo, a market, and a trade port. I see that this node last year brought in ~3700 food, and that there are 43 people living around that market. So it is not self-sufficient. I have the feeling I will find similar situations at the other nodes, so eventually I know I will probably have to make at least one more farm complex.

Screen 3 - markets on the western frontier. The construction materials were brought there by that trade port overland from Oldtown (through the new tunnel). These resources are for future construction projects that may or may not actually occur  ;)

Screen 4 -  forest market on the southern frontier. Again, through a tunnel.

Screen 5 - forest market on the eastern frontier.

irrelevant

irrelevant

Early Summer 64 - pop 1746

Having real difficulty getting things built on the periphery. Not a problem getting construction materials delivered, the laborers are on top of that as well as I can expect. The problem is with builders. When I create a construction project, the builders that are assigned to it may be clear on the other side of the map. I suppose they are just the next laborers available in the huge pool that I have (430, aproximately 25% of my pop).

Screen 1 - this very small bridge is absolutely vital to my expansion, yet is has been under construction for two years. The builders come, one at a time, from 2/3s of the way across the map, take two whacks at it, and go home to get something to eat. Occasionally the builders change, but they seem never to live closer to the project. Do I need to assign a couple hundred laborers to ports and markets, to get the pool to a more manageable size? That's what I'm going to try. This is making me crazy, I am shouting and swearing at my NPCs.

Just went from 91 vendors to 191, 95 traders to 152, and 430 laborers down to 274. Maybe I should assign more farmers as well. Is the 500 farmer challenge still going? ;D

Screen 2 - western frontier forest markets coming along.

Screen 3 - eastern frontier forest market essentially complete. The sliver along the eastern shore of the lake there is one of the few pieces of undeveloped real estate I expect to have on this map 48 hours from now  ;)

Screen 4 - forest market at the Northport manufacturing complex. Done.