News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Questions

Started by snapster, October 22, 2014, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapster

Some very crude people would be affected. Kind of ironic to bring up continued success and development, but anyway.

salamander

Speaking of crude, and let's add rude and obviously suffering from obnoxious personality disorder, I honestly thought you had started to fit in here to some degree.  You have no idea the effort that has been made by members here to make that happen.  And yet, you still show yourself to be an entirely self-absorbed individual with no thoughts beyond your own personal immediate gratification.

snapster

I thought about that with crude. ;) Individuals don't represent forums, salamander, unless you'd like to support me and explicitly bring up forum solidarity, which wouldn't make the least sense. I don't know where you're getting this notion from. Let alone that if the person wasn't an idiot responding to constructive comments nothing would've happened, but that's beside the point. Relax.

irrelevant

Well, good luck with your charm offensive.  ;) If you think someone's being an idiot, pointing it out to them isn't likely to advance your cause much.

snapster

Is mod code available? For editing as well? Can someone publish a mod that includes other edited mods?

snapster

Is there an order between markets and barns or will workers and laborers deposit food and other products at whichever is closest?

irrelevant

Yes, barn or market, whichever is closest.

snapster

Do you do herbalist, gatherers, foresters, and hunters nodes? Takes some space within them circles...

irrelevant

I put barns nearby ( put barns everywhere), normally not in the circles, but eventually the circles always get encroached on by other development, such as farms. When that happens I soon create a new forest node farther out, and demolish the old one.

slink

I could have sworn this was discussed in this thread already, quite near the beginning.

snapster

Not putting all four buildings within a single node. That's what I'm wondering about, whether it's a practice. Perhaps node is not the right word, but anyway.

snapster

Another good idea for a mod, if possible, would be information on how much of yields is lost.

rkelly17

Quote from: snapster on October 28, 2014, 08:20:58 AM
Do you do herbalist, gatherers, foresters, and hunters nodes? Takes some space within them circles...

There is a series of videos by pinstar on YouTube which present a "crossroads system" for starting on Hard. The author places a gatherer, a forester, a hunter and a woodcutter along with a barn, a storage yard and 6 houses at the center of a circle. It is an effective way to start on Hard and survive the first Winter and provides a base for expansion. Watching the videos was very helpful for me and I use the system regularly. I place my herbalists with a house between two "crossroads" villages. It works for me. Others will do things differently.

irrelevant

I don't put hunters with the others. I often put an herbalist or a gatherer with a forester, occasionally all three together.

snapster

Well, placing the four together seems like a good idea to me. Space is limited when it comes to those buildings.

Do certain buildings get a limit on the number of things they can retrieve? Are my gatherers not getting 500 food because they got 3 logs?