snapster

Wtf...

What the capital ****?

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 23, 2014, 08:13:10 PM
Quote from: irrelevant on October 23, 2014, 08:02:07 PM
Quote from: snapster on October 23, 2014, 07:54:29 PM
1) :( and unacceptable

Bummer for you. ;) Again, we've all been there.

Bummer for the game, not me.
Yes, the occasional vagueness of the help has caused some confusion. The classic examples is "herbs require old growth forest," and "crop rotation is necessary."

snapster

It's not vagueness. The Help is explicit in places.

irrelevant

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 23, 2014, 08:19:48 PM
Okay, yes. And in places it is just wrong. Not many, but for sure in the examples I gave above.

edit: "Old growth forest" is vague.

snapster

Well, ****! Stuff like this makes me not want to play this game. No wonder the guy is bored or whatever he is.

snapster

Quote from: irrelevant on October 23, 2014, 08:20:39 PM
Quote from: snapster on October 23, 2014, 08:19:48 PM
Okay, yes. And in places it is just wrong. Not many, but for sure in the examples I gave above.

edit: "Old growth forest" is vague.

The rotation one applies to diseases only. The explicit false one is the workers transporting their products. Old trees as well, although there may be a usually and which may still be true.

irrelevant

No, old growth forest absolutely is vague. Now that I think about it, that may not be in the help but rather is in the teaser blurb. The crop rotation thing is in the blurb as well. But both are firmly embedded in the Banished mythology.

snapster

I read both in the Help. Old trees I found to be useful enough. The workers carrying their own products to storage is egregious.

irrelevant

snapster

That hunter thing... anything wrong with the fish? Or anything else? Using one hunter will feel weird, take a leap of faith.

O it makes me mad. But I've got nothing to do. :'( That tear looks more like a booger.

irrelevant

That's the spirit! ;)

No, more fishers = more fish. :D Just don't cross the streams, er, overlap the fishing circles.

Quote from: snapster on October 23, 2014, 08:40:28 PM
:'( That tear looks more like a booger.
I lol'd

snapster

Do the builders of a building carry materials as they can't be doing anything? Do they just fall in the normal queue instead? It has seemed like materials have gotten quicker to my building sites than would be according to a normal queue of labor. The clearing of building sites has been the issue.

salamander

Quote from: irrelevant on October 23, 2014, 08:26:42 PM
... The crop rotation thing is in the blurb as well. But both are firmly embedded in the Banished mythology.

Remember that Luke had a blog about the crop rotation/soil quality idea and why he eventually removed it?  That could be the source of the continuing myth about crop rotation.

As far as the old growth forests, I have to agree that's a little ambiguous.  It was a term used in early game descriptions, but never found its way into the game itself so far as I know.

slink

However, since we can see the herbs, roots, berry bushes, mushrooms, and onions on the map, it is no mystery where they actually are.